The Official Mitt Romney Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so it begins.... I just saw a new Rmoney ad here in FL I was wondering when the GOP money machine would start the airwaves saturation. Obama has been running ads here for a while

Just saw a Fox News anchor grill one of Romney's spokesmen on which deductions and loopholes they'll get rid of in the tax code. The guy repeatedly dodged the question. No specifics. This campaign is as lightweight on details as both of Obama's campaigns for President.

Romney is making this election into one of clear choice, but that just seems like a bad idea. The Romney campaign basically does two things.

1. Criticize Obama's first four years in office. Obama can, rightfully so, defer most criticisms simply because he inherited a crazy large mess beyond anyones imagination. Much like what 9/11 did to Bush's agenda, Obama's presidency was thrown off course almost instantly due the unexpected scale of the economic collapse.

It is fair to say Obama could have done some things better. It is fair to say that he has less credibility now than he did in 2008 due to economic promises which failed to deliver. It is fair to say the Republicans have certainly held Obama back from success more than they have helped him achieve it.

2. Talk about what he plans to do in order to make up for Obama's "failures". Romney wants, basically, trickledown to make a comeback. Less business regulations, less taxes on the rich, and cuts in spending.

Now, trickledown economics sounds good in theory. But it just does not hold up well in practice. After years of trickledown under Reagan and Bush, the economy was sputtering under Bush 1', which allowed Clinton to capitalize on it. We all know how it ended for George W. Bush. It just seems like trickledown has never really "worked", yet that is entirely what Romney is campaigning for. History certainly does not seem to be on the Republicans side in this debate.

Whereas Obama is more for Clintonian policies. If trickledown theory was true, Clintons success makes no sense. Raise taxes on the wealthy, cut taxes for the more, maintain moderate social program spending, and increase regulations on business - and it leads to 4% unemployment, satisfied Americans tax-wise, and a budget surplus.

Now one can argue that Obama is not quite Clinton. One can argue that times are different; that it might now work. Those are fair. But that is largely irrelevant; the far more relevant question is how different is Romney from the Bushes? THAT would be a major problem. I want to know:

1) How Romney intends to achieve a different result than both Bush' despite using - by and large - the same theory as a policy guide line

OR

2) How a Romney presidency would differ from George W. Bush's on economic policy.

I would pay thousands to go to a debate and as him this personally.

Saw a picture of the Rmoney buttons for his campaign that says believe in America and when you look on the inside of it it says made in China. Way to go Mittens

Romney on why he omitted troops from his speech

I have to wonder sometimes what goes through Romney's head.:facepalm:

I can't even imagine what the rightwing outrage machine would do if Obama said this. I'm sure there would be siren headlines on Drudge Report and endless hours of breathless analysis on FOXNews of the remarks and how it betrays Obama's disdain for the armed forces. But because it's Romney, they'll give him a pass. :whatever:

Saw a picture of the Rmoney buttons for his campaign that says believe in America and when you look on the inside of it it says made in China. Way to go Mittens
I wish that pic had not been a fake.

It is a fake? I haven't seen it. If it were true though, it does seem oddly appropriate.

Group claiming to have Romney tax records threatens to leak them
http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/06/politics/romney-tax-threat/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

This has got to be a joke, right?

Imagine if Romney decides to pay them.

I have a hard time believing this is even true. How can you take them seriously when they are asking for $1 million worth of Bitcoin?

It seems like Larry Flint might be interested.

Larry Flynt Offering $1 Million For Mitt Romney's Tax Returns

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/08/larry-flynt-mitt-romney-tax-returns_n_1867477.html

romney-ryan-national-review-soviet.jpg

Hmmm.

He didn't mention "troops" because they aren't important enough? Am I hearing that right?

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it's not a case he doesn't think they are important, it was more a case of a huge oversite on his campaign staffs side. i think when you put so much stock into the idea that the economy is the only issue worth discussing, stuff like this happens

I have to agree with this

Scarborough also on Saturday criticized Romney for his vague policies.

"Romney has been clear he will avoid specifics on balancing the budget and shrinking government. Not the Reagan and Thatcher way," he said. "The truth is that Thatcher would have lost in 1979 and Reagan would have lost in 1980 if they had run as timid a campaign ad Mitt Romney."

Romney should for the past month had more what he would do instead of trying to run a negative campaign on Obama(that keep fact checkers busy). I wonder how much in the next 2 months his speeches and commercials will focus on what he plans to do(because assuming he has good policies I think that's his best bet to win)

I wish that pic had not been a fake.

The only reason I would think it's fake is because they would have had somebody take the stickers off. At least I would think they would, but this IS Romney's campaign. But I have no doubt they would buy their buttons from China.

The only reason I would think it's fake is because they would have had somebody take the stickers off. At least I would think they would, but this IS Romney's campaign. But I have no doubt they would buy their buttons from China.

The button in the picture had Made In China stamped in the metal on the back. Also, no one could produce any other button with this stamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"