The Clinton Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
As would a lot of reasonable people, but I could see fence sitters go to the opposite candidate just because it offers more continuity. This is really not the kind of thing that needs to happen right now, Clinton should be resoundingly taking the lead over Trump, nothing should be presenting the fence-sitters with any more doubt.

It's oversimplification and stupidity, but that's the average voter nowadays, they'd probably just think "Why vote for her if she's just going to die in a year, I'll go for the guy that's going to see this through".

But then again, both these candidates are ****ing mediocre to the core, one of them just isn't an absolutely vapid sociopath with the emotional and cognitive maturity of a teenage chimp.

Calling Trump a mediocre candidate is giving him way, way, way too much credit.

Can someone with a sharper eye and more knowledge of video editing techniques tell me someone decided to doctor in the pin or whatever:

Are you ready?

They're catheter clamps. I'm not kidding either.

Well considering Trump said she shouldn't have gone to the bathroom during one of the debates, she's clearly not taking any more precaution.

Yes the optics on this aren't great but I think people are trying to make a big deal out of nothing.

"Nothing"? This is no longer reality. At some point we all hit singularity and what we're seeing now is a conflation of all our perceived idea of what reality really is at any given second.

An American presidential candidate in 2016 collapsing due to suspected neurological/heart issues as catheter clamps hit the cold pavement mean nothing? Not to mention it happens during a 9/11 memorial.

Well then, I'd hate to see what something is.

Just for the sake of argument, if we assume for a minute that this is all connected, the coughing fit, now the "overheated" episode where she's all wobbly and has to be helped into her car, and if those were in fact catheter clamps.....what scenarios of health issues are we theoretically looking at? Neurological?

"Nothing"? This is no longer reality. At some point we all hit singularity and what we're seeing now is a conflation of all our perceived idea of what reality really is at any given second.

An American presidential candidate in 2016 collapsing due to suspected neurological/heart issues as catheter clamps hit the cold pavement mean nothing? Not to mention it happens during a 9/11 memorial.

Well then, I'd hate to see what something is.

I'd like to know what medical school you went to that you can diagnose someone's health by looking at videos on the Internet.

Whatever they were, I'm not going to lie......that video looks VERY BAD. And it very well may sink her in this election. That is a visual that can lose an election.

Just for the sake of argument, if we assume for a minute that this is all connected, the coughing fit, now the "overheated" episode where she's all wobbly and has to be helped into her car, and if those were in fact catheter clamps.....what scenarios of health issues are we theoretically looking at? Neurological?

If you want to say this is a sign of an issue fine, but trying to link the coughing fits up being something more then coughing fits(haven't we all had this happen at some point in our life?) is ridiculous

Whatever they were, I'm not going to lie......that video looks VERY BAD. And it very well may sink her in this election. That is a visual that can lose an election.

I have no idea what it is that falls out of her pant leg, and I don't see how anyone else can definitively state what it is either.....but that video makes me want to cringe. When they go to pull her into the van, you can see her leg give out when she steps off the sidewalk and her foot dragging on the ground. They basically lay her in the van like a sack of potatoes.

And as you're fond of saying, people's perception is their reality. Even if she did just get "overheated", this combined with her coughing fit 6 days ago, and the general questions surrounding her health.....this looks really bad.

Talk about handing them ammunition.

If you want to say this is a sign of an issue fine, but trying to link the coughing fits up being something more then coughing fits(haven't we all had this happen at some point in our life?) is ridiculous

I wasn't saying I believe it, I was asking, for the sake of argument, if these were all actual connected signs of an issue, what would likely theoretical possibilities be?

I wasn't saying I believe it, I was asking, for the sake of argument, if these were all actual connected signs of an issue, what would likely theoretical possibilities be?

Respiratory issues? Use of blood thinners

It'll depend on who you ask probably. Those who don't want it to be serious will say she was light-headed from heat exhaustion or low blood sugar, and those who think she's dying will probably say she's got a blood clot or a heart condition that means she's not getting enough oxygen to her brain or something along those lines.

I forget what it's called but there is a heart condition that can cause fainting spells that requires a rather simple procedure to fix. I doubt she's on her death bed or anything, but when a 70-year-old has fainting spells and signs of ill health it's usually something.

The coughing part, if it's connected with the fainting or disorientation would be a bit strange, a respiratory or cardiovascular illness that causes both of those seems rather serious.

It's entirely possible the coughing fit was just that and had nothing to do with her fainting spell. Coming so close together, it looks really bad though.

No, it doesn't look good. I'm still not convinced that the coughing fit was anything more than a coughing fit - I swallowed water the wrong way last week and nearly coughed up my childhood before I could get my breath back, so it happens. And the weather is pretty muggy and humid here today (I'm about 30 minutes from the WTC right now). But still, it's definitely troubling.

Although her head could be spinning like the kid from The Exprcist and blood could be geysering from her ears, and I'd still vote for her if helps keep Trump out of the White House.

If anything happens to Hillary in office, we get Tim Kaine. The alternative is Trump/Pence, and that's terrifying.

Last edited:
President Pence might be even scarier to me than President Trump.

It's entirely possible the coughing fit was just that and had nothing to do with her fainting spell. Coming so close together, it looks really bad though.

Yeah, they're likely completely unrelated. The concerning part is if there is some condition, let's say it's a heart issue, she's undoubtedly getting treatment for it - if these things are happening despite treatment it's kind of worrying. A coughing fit I would disregard out of hand, it could be anything, but becoming disoriented and almost looking like losing consciousness like today seems like something is up.

President Pence might be even scarier to me than President Trump.

I think so too.

The biggest concerns over McCain's health happened when Sarah Palin arrived, and people realized she couldn't be trusted with our car keys, much less the nuclear codes.

I'd rather not see any candidate drop dead here, but god forbid something is wrong, this still doesn't have me running to Trump or away from Hillary.

I think so too.

The biggest concerns over McCain's health happened when Sarah Palin arrived, and people realized she couldn't be trusted with our car keys, much less the nuclear codes.

I'd rather not see any candidate drop dead here, but god forbid something is wrong, this still doesn't have me running to Trump or away from Hillary.

A woman I worked with during the Obama/McCain race wanted to vote for McCain but didn't end up feeling able to because she was afraid he'd die in office and leave Palin as President.

A woman I worked with during the Obama/McCain race wanted to vote for McCain but didn't end up feeling able to because she was afraid he'd die in office and leave Palin as President.

My uncle is a political science professor. McCain had his vote until Palin happened.

I certainly don't want anyone to die....but when choosing a candidate you have to always look at their running mate as well, and I DAMN SURE would rather have Kaine than Pence...

Which is another reason why I'm voting for Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"