The Clinton Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coughing is one thing, but having to be put into your car is disconcerting.

CNN reported that Clinton's doctor says she has Pneumonia.

At this point, I'd like to think that if you're still undecided, Hillary's health will not be the deciding factor whether you support her or Trump.

I'd honestly be relieved if she has pneumonia.

Of course those who've made up their minds she's dying will say it's a cover up.

Pneumonia could explain both the coughing fit a few days ago, and a fainting spell today....or it could just be a good cover. No way to know for sure.

*Hillary gets pneumonia, goes to 9/11 event when anyone else would be on bed-rest, feels faint because she's wearing a dark suit and Kevlar vest in a hot environment*
GOP: GRANDMA FELL ILL! PUT HER IN HOSPICE!

*Hillary gets pneumonia, takes the bed-rest*
GOP: HILLARY BIN LADEN HATES AMERICA!

F*** 'em all. :o

The best thing for the Clinton campaign to do would be a full medical history release, turn the story into one about the public needing to know who they are voting for. Turn it into a story about what Trump is hiding, put pressure on him to release his medical history as well as all the things he has promised to reveal but has never done (his tax returns, his wife's immigration history etc).

The best thing for the Clinton campaign to do would be a full medical history release, turn the story into one about the public needing to know who they are voting for. Turn it into a story about what Trump is hiding, put pressure on him to release his medical history as well as all the things he has promised to reveal but has never done (his tax returns, his wife's immigration history etc).

Yup. She's been too passive in general, sitting back and letting Trump control the narrative. She's probably just hoping to let him sink himself with his own big mouth, but her passivity is raising concerns and doubts. She needs to get out there and say something.

Yup

If Hillary had terminal cancer, I'd still vote for her over Trump.

Hillary could murder my grandparents and I'd still choose her over Trump. :o

Oh my god! First it was overheating! Then it's pneumonia! It's like Benghazi all over again where they can't make up their mind!

Oh my god! First it was overheating! Then it's pneumonia! It's like Benghazi all over again where they can't make up their mind!

It's exactly like Benghazi where Hillary did no wrong, was cleared several times by multiple GOP witch hunts and the majority of the American public think it's a non-issue. Def, exactly like that.

It's exactly like Benghazi where Hillary did no wrong, was cleared several times by multiple GOP witch hunts and the majority of the American public think it's a non-issue. Def, exactly like that.

If they're so worried about candidate's health, then there should be a maximum age limit of when you can run. Apply that to Congress too.

Yup. She's been too passive in general, sitting back and letting Trump control the narrative. She's probably just hoping to let him sink himself with his own big mouth, but her passivity is raising concerns and doubts. She needs to get out there and say something.

Ever since she picked Tim Kaine (and probably a bit before but it was really underlined by such a non-factor VP choice), its felt like Clinton has been playing to not lose rather than to win. This is especially troublesome considering she did the same thing in 2008 and it lead to a major upset in the primary. I am scared of what happens if she adopts that mentality again.

If they're so worried about candidate's health, then there should be a maximum age limit of when you can run. Apply that to Congress too.

Exactly what age would that be?

Ever since she picked Tim Kaine (and probably a bit before but it was really underlined by such a non-factor VP choice), its felt like Clinton has been playing to not lose rather than to win. This is especially troublesome considering she did the same thing in 2008 and it lead to a major upset in the primary. I am scared of what happens if she adopts that mentality again.

Trump isn't Obama, though. I don't see where that mentality could hurt her in this election.

Trump isn't Obama, though. I don't see where that mentality could hurt her in this election.

Sure he is and sure it could. He is a guy who (like Obama was at the time) is in no way qualified to be President and is running a campaign based solely on meaningless platitudes and buzz words while releasing no real policy positions or platforms. Just because Trump's campaign appeals to the worst kinds of people, doesn't mean their campaigns are inherently different. They are actually operating out of the same basic political playbook.

Joe Biden, you could have been president.

I sense Biden has been kicking himself every day since he decided to not run. He could've won. He would've entered the race with a wave of sympathy on his side and quickly become viewed as the middle ground between Bernie Sanders's unrealistic, unacheivable positions and Clinton's overly pragmatic and safe ones. Sanders would've quickly become relevant as of his 30-35 % of supporters within the Democratic Party, its safe to say a good 15 % (if not more) were less about him and more about the anti-Clinton rhetoric and would've preferred a more sensible candidate. Biden is likable and sincere. Sanders's whole "I'm the only real politician!" wouldn't have worked against Biden. Plus he would've taken the Obama sect of Clinton's supporters.

I really think Biden could've squeaked out a close victory in a 3 way race.

I think he stayed out of it because he bought into the myth that Clinton is a juggernaut candidate who the DNC would've never allowed to lose and I think he assumed that the Republicans would nominate Rubio or someone sane, which would've led to a much tougher general election.

Biden would be winning in a landslide right now. If only...

Biden also has that sense of likability that many find lacking in Clinton.

Matt, do you have an theories as to why a half-cocked candidate like Trump's making the race difficult for the Democrats? It shouldn't, by any stretch of the imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"