The Official Musical Theatre Thread II - Part 2

I'm always complaining about SJW!

Comet is probably gonna close in 2 weeks, and these "fans" are to blame.

Apparently it's racist now for an old white Russian guy to play an old white Russian guy on Broadway.

How am I supposed to have time to call Great Comet racist when I'm supposed to be mad at the next Star Wars movie that hasn't even been written yet because the director made that Jurassic Patk movie whete someone wore high heels and good lord I hate Twitter these days... :doh:

so i'm really thinking i want to make it up to NYC before the end of the year to see a show, so does anyone have any tips? recommendations? etc

I see Miss Saigon tickets on sale for as low as $39 and i've heard good things but i know nothing about it.
also, i dont know how to gauge prices etc for up there because we only get 5 shows or so a year and at that price, you're in the nosebleed of balcony at best.

I'd like to see Wicked
Bandstand looks like it might be fun
Beautiful is a show I've wanted to see forever, but it's coming here in March.
Cats ends in Dec 2017 and I've heard of it and know the song Memory but other than that, i know nada
Anastasia looks good

are there better days to go? i heard some main actors dont perform on certain days?

Saigon Saigon Saigon! I can help you.

You may enjoy CATS. The Wicked lotto is difficult.

You can also see Hello, Dolly on Tuesdays with Donna Murphy.

BEAUTIFUL is always great.

Get bangin seats to Saigon? Show you the ways, my dear!

CC, I urge you to see Great Comet if it is around when you are there. It's the kind of show that it's difficult to tour with, because of its unique setup, and it is an experience. For me, it should have won Best Musical this year at the Tonys.

Cats is a good and entertaining show, and I think you can probably get tickets for cheap through TKTS on day of.

I won't get into why I'm not a big fan of Miss Saigon, but yeah, $39, I don't think you can get better entertainment value than that, so definitely pursue it.

I had to post these:

9009_NLB0_IT.jpg

902_JWO3_DUV.jpg

90_NIC52_P1_G.jpg

I get to be a cool aunt and take my nephew to see School of Rock tomorrow. :up:

how did he like it?

and yep, i'm officially on the late train. i just started listening to the hamilton soundtrack because i heard a song on SiriusXM I liked and i'm about 3-4 songs in and i'm really enjoying it so far. too bad tickets are like $400 bucks a pop lol

but, the tour is coming to DC next summer, so i might just have to try it out

He loved it! He said, "It was loud, but obviously, awesome." (he's 9)

He was also a big fan of the Nintendo Store, which is a few blocks from the theater. He had Super Mario stuffed animals on his lap for the whole show.

Definitely see Hamilton whenever you get the chance! The ticket prices are only slightly unreasonable if you try for them as soon as a new block of tickets go on sale. I'm seeing it for the 4th time in November (in Chicago!), and I've never paid over $200 for a ticket yet.

Right now I'm praying to the Ticketmaster gods for Springsteen on Broadway tickets...

Seeing Bruce Springsteen on Broadway on 10/24. :wow:

Just saw Hello Dolly.

Got multiple e-mails that if we weren't there on time, we wouldn't be able to get in. We got to the theater a little less than an hour beforehand.

Midler was fantastic. Can't believe she's 70 and had the energy to move around the stage as she did. Pierce was very good too.

I enjoyed this more than I thought I was going to.

Probably the most enthusiastic crowd, I've ever seen. Lots of applause and 2 standing ovations, one halfway through.

Debating trying to do some half price shows. Willy Wonka and/or Anastasia. Might try and see Once on this Island too.

Got Frozen tickets for next year.

i wanna see Anastasia

Just saw Hello Dolly.

Got multiple e-mails that if we weren't there on time, we wouldn't be able to get in. We got to the theater a little less than an hour beforehand.

Midler was fantastic. Can't believe she's 70 and had the energy to move around the stage as she did. Pierce was very good too.

I enjoyed this more than I thought I was going to.

Probably the most enthusiastic crowd, I've ever seen. Lots of applause and 2 standing ovations, one halfway through.

Debating trying to do some half price shows. Willy Wonka and/or Anastasia. Might try and see Once on this Island too.

Got Frozen tickets for next year.

Loved Middler when I saw her. She left teeth marks all over the stage, and it was marvelous.

The latest of my signed window cards.

6kXrfc0.jpg

next seasons Broadway on tour shows went on sale and i bought tickets to Les Miz and Beautiful :awesome:

this is will be my second time seeing Les Miz and i'm going with a friend. i've been wanting to see Beautiful since i first heard about the show being made, and i didn't want anyone to ruin this so i'm going by myself haha. found a seat dead center in like the second row so i took that as a sign.

#noragrets

book or mormon will be here next week and it's on Groupon, but I'm not sure if i would enjoy it or not

Book of Mormon was hilarious. It's from the guys who created South Park, so it's pretty R-rated, but it's super funny and actually kind of sweet. My folks loved it, and they usually don't go for that kind of humor at all.

I saw The Play That Goes Wrong a few weeks ago, just before the UK cast left. It was silly and ridiculous, and I loved it. Literally everything goes wrong. Even the Playbill cut off the title. :funny:

im not a fan of south park so i'm wondering if i would like the humor

After all musicals, going to see my first play, Harry Potter.

Hope you enjoy it, Erz.

I will be travelling with my mother to NYC at the end of March. I feel there isn't as much for me to see this year (my trip last year was nuts, in hindsight). I definitely want to take her to see Carousel, and maybe Once On This Island and/or The Band's Visit.

i'm seeing the traveling show of Les Miz on Jan 23rd :awesome:

this will be my second time, but i have orchestra seats this time. i can't wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"