Switch The Official Nintendo Switch Thread - Part 2

I did not know there was a Blaster Master game for Game Boy.

Mario RPG remake looks fantastic, was not expecting to see that ever get made, also really glad to see Dark Moon getting a Switch remaster and to see them doing something new with 2D Mario.

I need that Zelda and sexy Gannondorf Amiibo.

Pretty Mario heavy, with 2 related games hinted at for next year. Mario Wonder at least doesn't look like it was made in Mario Maker, at least. And hey, playable Daisy is a great first.

I laughed at the new Mario Kart stage. Can't wait to see what else is in there.

Surprised to see so much Pokemon, Pokemon tends to do their own directs.

So, good to see the holiday season isn't completely barren for Nintendo.

And man, Rocksteady is milking Arkham for all they can, almost as if their survival depends on it.

New Mario looks great and I am SO HAPPY about Mario RPG. One of my all time favorite games. I am so excited for that one.

What’s this elephant Mario thing? :funny:

What’s this elephant Mario thing? :funny:
stanley-hudson-hentai.gif

Haha, I look forward to hearing more. This is certainly one direction I didn't expect them to go in. :D

Is the Breath of the Wild Expansion Pass included with Nintendo Switch Online? What exactly are the Platinum Points?

Is the Breath of the Wild Expansion Pass included with Nintendo Switch Online? What exactly are the Platinum Points?

No. Platinum points I think are stuff you use to redeem small stuff from Nintendo.

Next week, you will be able to Mario Kart in key Arrowverse locations....

Nintendo demoed Switch 2 to developers at Gamescom

In Cologne last month, Nintendo's public Gamescom showfloor booth let you play Pikmin 4 and Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. But behind the scenes, the company had more up its sleeves.

Developer presentations for Switch 2 took place behind closed doors, Eurogamer understands, with partners shown tech demos of how well the system is designed to run.

One Switch 2 demo is a souped up version of Switch launch title Zelda: Breath of the Wild, designed to hit the Switch 2's beefier target specs. (To be clear, though - this is just a tech demo. There's no suggestion the game will be re-released.)

Nintendo is yet to publicly discuss plans for its inevitable Switch successor, though its new hardware is widely-expected to launch at some point in 2024. Word that it is now being shown to external developers comes as details have begun to emerge around when we may see the system launch.

A recent report pinned Switch 2's arrival for the latter part of next year, with development kits now in the hands of some key partners. This chimed with what Eurogamer had also previously heard, though on timing I understand Nintendo is keen to launch the system sooner if possible.

Publicly, Nintendo has announced a strong line-up of games to see the current Switch through the rest of 2023 and into the start of next year, with the impressive-looking Super Mario Bros. Wonder, a Super Mario RPG remake and a new WarioWare all coming this side of Christmas.

2024 will bring a new Princess Peach game and a port of Luigi's Mansion 2. The long-awaited Metroid Prime 4, meanwhile, still holds a "TBA" launch date.

Nintendo did not comment when approached for a response.

Yeah, getting to the more public showing of the Switch 2. Probably already been going around their partners.

Sources: Nintendo showed Switch 2 demos at Gamescom | VGC

Another VGC source claimed that Nintendo showcased Epic’s impressive The Matrix Awakens Unreal Engine 5 tech demo – originally released to showcase the power of PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X in 2021 – running on target specs for its next console.

The demo is said to have been running using Nvidia’s DLSS upscaling technology, with advanced ray tracing enabled and visuals comparable to Sony‘s and Microsoft’s current-gen consoles (however, it should be noted this does not mean the Switch successor will sport raw power anywhere near that of PS5 or Xbox Series X, which aren’t portable devices).

DLSS (deep learning super sampling) is a feature exclusive to Nvidia graphics cards. On PC, it works by using AI to upscale the resolution of games, effectively allowing developers to achieve higher graphical settings and better frame rates on weaker hardware. According to Digital Foundry analysis, DLSS at any normal screen distance “looks almost as good as the real thing.”
DLSS is gonna do wonders on the next Switch for sure.

WE GOT DIRECT SIGN!!!!

Probably a heavy focus on Mario Wonder and RPG. But 40 min, something is sneaking in.

Me, all these years: "Man, I wish Nintendo would acknowledge F-Zero a lot more."

Nintendo: "We're releasing the original F-Zero as a battle royale game."

Me:

giphy.gif

But...I'll take it. They did put X on the Switch, so logically, GX has to come next, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"