Switch The Official Nintendo Switch Thread - Part 2

Apparently they're in favor of extending the longevity of a game by providing as much DLC to the consumers as much as possible. Whether that means paid DLC or free is unknown. There's a fear that they may go the EA route in the future where single player experiences slowly take a backseat for DLC, microtransactions, and paid online multiplayer.

I mean, you just need to look at how Splatoon and ARMS does DLC. And considering the length of time between releases of their major franchises, it isn't necessarily a bad idea.

Someone brought up a clever idea. What if the new Yoshi Switch title was Labo compatible?

So, it sounds like RE: Revelations sold really well on the Switch. I am expecting RE4 to be announced soon.

I bought it, so you're welcome.

raw

Well, so did I. Really great portabl.

So, it sounds like RE: Revelations sold really well on the Switch. I am expecting RE4 to be announced soon.

Don't get my hopes up. RE4 might be the only mainstream game that was perfect for motion controls. I'd love to play it again with loose Joy Cons.

Don't get my hopes up. RE4 might be the only mainstream game that was perfect for motion controls. I'd love to play it again with loose Joy Cons.

I mean, it is just common sense. What system hasn't it been ported to? Capcom does love their easy money.

Nah, motion controls are bad for just about every game. For some reason, people loved motion controls for Metroid Prime Trilogy. I thought they were terrible, and I preferred the GC controls with the lock-on system. Same with RE4. I rather play with a controller.

The only games I liked with Motion Controls, was Wii Sports. Bowling was a lot of fun.

They would probably be optional like Odyssey. Just nix the obnoxious tutorials for them.

Nintendo is looking to extend the life of the Switch. They want it to last longer than 5-6 years aka hardware upgrade may be coming. Also rumors are flying Crash may be coming to the Switch.

Nintendo is looking to extend the life of the Switch. They want it to last longer than 5-6 years aka hardware upgrade may be coming. Also rumors are flying Crash may be coming to the Switch.

Yeah, look at all the variations of the 3DS. Probably a New Switch next year.

They'll have to do some kind of update, where you can have cloud saves, or be able to transfer saves to your SD card. As of now, all your saves are tied to your console. So if your console breaks or becomes corrupt(even if you're using an SD card), you lose all your saves.

It happened to Brian Altano at IGN. He had soooo many games played, and tons of saves, and his system became corrupt, sent it in to Nintendo, and they said he lost all of his saves. He was able to re-download his games, since those are tied to his account, but his saves were gone.

I am hyped for Bayonetta next week. All I am seeing that it is now running at a smooth 60 fps. That is going to feel so good on the go.

I think Bayonetta will be kinda rough in handheld. From what I remember of that game there's a lot going on on-screen so the smaller viewing area of the Switch might make it a headache to play.

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 May Be Heading to the Switch

ban_article_call_of_duty_black_ops_4_rumeur_1.jpg

http://www.ibtimes.com/call-duty-black-ops-4-development-2018-release-report-says-2650212

Like clockwork, there will be a new “Call of Duty” game this holiday season. That much was certain before Tuesday, but a new report from Eurogamer indicated 2018’s installment of the massively popular shooter series will take fans back to a universe they have experienced three times before.
Sources confirmed to Eurogamer that developer Treyarch is working on “Call of Duty: Black Ops 4” for release in 2018. It was verification of an earlier report from Marcus Sellars, a supposed industry insider who also claimed a Nintendo Switch version of the game is in development.

Notably, the Eurogamer report was not able to confirm the existence of the Switch port. If true, it would be a major third-party get for Nintendo. Activision is one of the biggest publishers in the business, but so far, its main contribution to the Switch is the kid-friendly, toys-to-life game “Skylanders Imaginators.”

According to the report, the fourth iteration of the “Black Ops” sub-brand will scale things back from the sci-fi goofiness found in 2015’s “Black Ops III.” The franchise took things back to basics in 2017 with “Call of Duty: WWII” to great sales success ; perhaps Treyarch’s return to “Black Ops” will be a throwback to the series’ Cold War roots.
That direction could also be a response to the fan backlash over 2016’s “Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.” A segment of the fanbase was unhappy about the intergalactic space battles of that game, preferring a more grounded approach. “Infinite Warfare” was a sales disappointment, while all three “Black Ops” games are in franchise’s top 5 best sellers.

That's neat. I'd rather see more single player focused games coming to Switch.

EA is out of the single player game.

PlayStation 4, Switch
[FONT=&quot]Owlboy PS4 and Switch physical edition launches May 29[/FONT]
Published 20 hours ago. 6 comments.

Soedesco to publish retail version.

Owlboy-Physical-Ed_02-07-18.jpg

Soedesco will release a physical version of Owlboy for PlayStation 4 and Switch on May 29 in North America and Europe, the company announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Soedesco:
About
Owlboy tells the touching story of owl misfit Otus, a feathery little fellow struggling to live the owl life. Fate strikes when Otus’ beautiful homeland is invaded by a horde of malicious sky pirates. Otus embarks on a fascinating journey through seemingly endless skies and mysterious, monster infested ruins. He must recruit his friends to employ their special puzzling- and combat skills, fight his foes and fly his way to safety.
Key Features

• Heartfelt, intriguing story about the adventurous journey of an underdog owl.
  • Detailed, colorful and beautifully vibrant pixel art style.
  • Switch between Otus’ friends at any time to employ their unique abilities.
  • Tremendous variety in surroundings and enemies.
  • Explore massive dungeons and face epic boss battles.
Owlboy is available now for PC, and will launch digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch on February 13.
Watch a trailer for the physical edition below.
ESRB Version

[YT]9FJZeJmboC4[/YT]
PEGI Version

[YT]zmtXJjw_1CQ[/YT]

source: Gematsu

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]wlfvx-So7Hw[/YT]

Nintendo Reveals Switch Lifespan Plans - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
1.3K views
15 hours ago Published on 02/13/2018

[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown, we find out how long Nintendo is planning to support the Switch! We also take a look at new content coming to Splatoon 2, get new details on the big
the big screen animated Mario movie, find out who is going to helm the Five Nights At Freddy's movie, fill you with pride about the future of the X-Men film series, have some bad news for fans of Stranger Things, and finally, learn who is going to star in the new feature-length Kung Fury movie![/FONT]

[/FONT]

Confirming the above

Nintendo Wants EVERYONE to Have a Switch, Not Just Every Household - February 12, 2018

Nintendo's success with the Switch has been nothing shy of remarkable. But the Japanese company isn't done growing their aspirations for the console, stating...Read more

lastly

Nintendo Not Opposed to Ditching Mario Movie If It’s Not Interesting - February 12, 2018

After months of speculation and insider talk, a Super Mario movie deal was struck between Nintendo and Illumination Entertainment. But Mario has had a...Read more

source:EPN.tv& Gamezone

Last edited:

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Nintendo Labo overview trailers[/FONT]
Published 18 hours ago. 11 comments.

Toy-Con kits due out on April 20.

Nintendo-Labo-Vids_02-15-18.jpg

Nintendo has released three new trailers for its recently unveiled Nintendo Labo, which combines Switch with do-it-yourself cardboard creations.
Here is a summary provided by Nintendo:
One particularly cool feature that’s part of the software included with each Nintendo Labo kit is Toy-Con Garage, which can be accessed in Discover mode. Toy-Con Garage introduces basic principles of technology in a fun and accessible way, allowing you to combine various simple inputs and outputs to invent new ways to play with your Toy-Con projects.
In addition to Toy-Con Garage, the Toy-Con projects in each kit offer numerous ways to have fun as you Make, Play and Discover different experiences.
Robot Kit

• Build your own wearable Toy-Con Robot suit and assume control of a giant in-game robot, completing challenges and destroying in-game objects to unlock powerful new abilities.
  • If you’re feeling competitive, you can even challenge a friend in two-player local battles or compare your high scores/rankings with other players! (An additional Robot Kit and Joy-Con controllers are required for two-player mode; sold separately.)
  • Nintendo Labo encourages you to use your imagination and creativity to customize your cardboard Toy-Con creations in a variety of ways. The Robot Kit even allows you to customize and level-up your in-game robot.
Variety Kit

• Toy-Con Piano: After assembling your 13-key Piano, you can host an impromptu recital or record your songs and play them back for your biggest fans-in-the-making. Experiment with different sounds and pitches to create something truly unique – even a song composed entirely of cat noises!
  • Toy-Con Motorbike: Grab ahold of your newly constructed handlebars and race through different tracks, challenging CPU opponents or collecting targets across mountainous terrain. You can even create your own custom tracks, so start planning your designs now!
  • Toy-Con Fishing Rod: There are many exotic fish to discover, and some of the deep-ocean fish are particularly tricky to catch. Show off your collection in Aquarium mode and have fun creating your own fish with different shapes and colors – simply insert and scan different cards in the Toy-Con Piano to get started. (Assembled Toy-Con Piano is required to access Aquarium mode.)
  • Toy-Con House: Befriend the cute creature living in your Toy-Con House (shown on the Nintendo Switch screen) and discover different ways to interact and play with it. There are a variety of experiences to discover, including mine cart races, bowling and jump rope.
  • Toy-Con RC Car: The RC Car is full of unique and surprising features. Since the Variety Kit includes materials to build two Toy-Con RC Cars, you can race against a friend, set up obstacle courses or even compete in a sumo-inspired challenge to try to knock your opponent’s RC Car over (additional Joy-Con controllers are required; sold separately). Create a path using the reflective stickers included in the kit, and set the car to auto-drive along a specific route using the IR Motion Camera on the Right Joy-Con controller.
The two Nintendo Labo “Toy-Con” kits will launch on April 20.
Watch the trailers below.
Nintendo Labo Overview Trailer

[YT]5cRE95J4Xb4[/YT]
Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit

[YT]LWjHVVDpg48[/YT]
Toy-Con 02: Robot Kit

[YT]AiFI1g46kZk[/YT]

source: Gematsu

The toy-con garage is where Labo will really shine, in that it becomes essentially a beginning programmer program. Education is going to love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"