The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

3DS, Switch
[FONT=&quot]Nintendo: ‘Many unannounced 3DS titles’ and over 100 Switch titles in development[/FONT]
Published 2 hours ago.138 comments.
Switch won't replace 3DS, Nintendo president says.

Nintendo-3DS-Switch_01-31-17.jpg
Ads by Kiosked

3DS still has a long life ahead of it, as Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima promises to “continue to introduce new titles that players can enjoy” for the system.

“We will continue to introduce new titles that players can enjoy for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems,” Tatsumi saidi during Nintendo’s financial results briefing for the fiscal year ending March 2017.

“We have heard speculation that Nintendo Switch will replace the Nintendo 3DS, as both are game systems that can be played outside the home, but Nintendo 3DS has unique characteristics that differ from those of Nintendo Switch. Furthermore, the price points and play experiences offered by the two systems are different and we do not see them as being in direct competition. We plan to continue both businesses separately and in parallel.”

In addition to major announced games such as Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World, Sayonara! Boxboy, Mario Sports Super Strs, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, Pikmin, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Ever Oasis, Nintendo is

“developing many other unannounced titles to continue to enrich the software lineup [of 3DS] going forward.”

There are also “many strong third-party titles,” like Capcom’s Monster Hunter XX and Square Enix’s Dragon Quest XI, that are in development for 3DS.

Nintendo also briefly discussed the launch lineup for its upcoming Switch hardware, addressing those who

“have expressed the opinion that the launch lineup is weak.”

Tatsumi said, “Our thinking in arranging the 2017 software lineup is that it is important to continue to provide new titles regularly without long gaps. This encourages consumers to continue actively playing the system, maintains buzz, and spurs continued sales momentum for Nintendo Switch.

“For that reason, we will be releasing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, which is making its debut on the Nintendo Switch during the first half of 2017, and Splatoon 2, which attracted consumers’ attention most during the hands-on events in Japan, in summer 2017. We believe that these titles exemplify the concept of the Nintendo Switch, which is to be able to play anywhere with anyone and at any time, and will expand and invigorate competition between players.”

Tatsumi added that while Nintendo announced during its Switch presentation on January 13 that there were over 80 titles in development from more than 50 software publishers, that number has since grown to

“over 100 titles from more than 70 publishers.”

Read More

3DS, Switch, 3DS, Nintendo, Switch, Tatsumi Kimishima

source: Gematsu

We Got To FEEL IT!!!

11:58
[YT]xfIw0d2gmcc[/YT]​
Nintendo Switch Hands On With Rerez & Steve Tilley!!! - Electric Playground

• 5 hours ago682 views

Victor Lucas traveled to Toronto to get some serious hands on time with the Nintendo Switch. He met up with Shane Luis from Rerez and Reviews on the Run's Steve Tilley and all three
and all three share their thoughts on the system, it's functionality and the games on display.

Make sure you check out https://www.youtube.com/user/rereztv

Special thanks to our pal Marc Newberry for helping us with production on this shoot!

source:
EPN.tv

Nintendo is doing a super bowl commercial. Huh.

Here's the extended version...

No Karen, but two dudes who are definitely getting fired.

That's £19.74 in UK pounds. Expensive for what should really be a free service.

Sounds like a good price and I'll happily pay it if the online is more stable and consistent than it was on Wii U, 3DS and Wii. It's cheaper than the $60 I pay for PS+ and since I'm getting less that's A-OK with me.

Yeah, price sounds fair by payed online standards. It's about half what I expected them to charge for a year so I'm pretty happy to hear this.

A free game to play for a month, plus stable online makes it worth it for me. No complaints. Not one.

We'll see if the online quality is better. If not, I think $25 will still be too much.

The problem is how many games will they have worth playing online. Heck capable of playing online. Its no where near the value of the other two.

Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and Smash will be enough online for me to pay. If Bomberman has online that's another.

Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and Smash will be enough online for me to pay. If Bomberman has online that's another.
I get that is enough for you. But how does that stack up with what the other two offer? Rather poorly, especially as you actually get multiple games a month attached to your account with the other two.

I get that is enough for you. But how does that stack up with what the other two offer? Rather poorly, especially as you actually get multiple games a month attached to your account with the other two.

Well the Nintendo one is half the price, so they don't stack up. If Nintendo was chargin $60 a year I'd be in a much different headspace about it.

I think that is the problem. The other two are twice the price, and still a way better value.

We'll judge value when the program launches. There could still be more up Nintendo's sleeve.

Arlo's a game channel that primarily does Nintendo stuff. Heard about him from the Gnoggin channel. Don't mind the puppet, he actually gives fairly reasoned arguments. Anyway, this is his take on Mario Odyssey. He kinda goes through Mario's history, and why this game excites him.

Arlight got two articles from the same place andother fallowing them from games radar with some shocker news for those here. you all know about online service pricing that part it's what I'm presenting to you all in one ofthe articles be low it's the VR consideration .

Also with

GamesRadar+

1 hr ·

Screen images not simulated. Whoops.

[FONT=&quot]Nintendo Switch ad accidentally reveals developer menus and twice the memory of consumer version

You know how lots of advertisements for games and computer software say…Read more

[FONT=&quot]
zN9ztDBF8MnMcBmRuXVLb3-480-80.jpg

[FONT=&quot]You know how lots of advertisements for games and computer software say "screen images simulated" on the bottom? Well, this is why: A Portuguese Nintendo Switch ad has several shots of the console's developer menus, giving the public an unintended peek behind the digital curtain.
The video has since been taken down, but the internet is forever, and screenshots have already been circulating on Reddit and elsewhere:
tpbMscUt7Z4ipn3GT4DsRB-650-80.jpg

Truth be told, there's nothing too salacious to be found here. We can see a selection of menu items over on the left, along with an ID for this particular console. One curious detail is that the system appears to have 64GB of built-in memory, twice that of the consumer model.
Some have taken this to mean that a 64GB model is coming down the line, but it could just as likely be that, since debugging tends to eat up memory, the dev kit simply has more memory so developers have an easier time programming for the system.
In any case, the offending video has been removed, and most of us needn't concern ourselves with the inner workings of Nintendo's handheld hybrid anyway. Personally, I'm more interested in Breath of the Wild's menu than a dev kit menu.
Seen something newsworthy? Tell us!

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

source: GI&GAMESRADAR.COM|BY GAMESRADAR+

Last edited:
Sounds like a good price and I'll happily pay it if the online is more stable and consistent than it was on Wii U, 3DS and Wii. It's cheaper than the $60 I pay for PS+ and since I'm getting less that's A-OK with me.

I thought the 3DS, Wii and Wii U online was fine. I don't need anything special for online play and I wish Nintendo were going to offer a free less satisfactory service alongside this paid one.

The online on my Wii U shoddy. Smash was a nightmare, with constant lag. Mario Kart and Splatoon were ok, but I had frequent disconnects. I'll pay if it means I get a more consistent experience.

I don't have online problems with Smash on my Wii U, but I definitely do on my 3DS.

Mario Kart 7&8 were both fine on 3DS and Wii U, though.

Got two articles from the same place

The Jackbox Party Pack 3 Is Coming Soon To The Nintendo Switch. February 2, 2017 . 8:30am

The Jackbox Party Pack 3 released last year in October for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One and Jackbox Games has announced it will soon get a release for the Nintendo Switch.

3 comments Read >

The Jackbox Party Pack 3 released last year in October for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One and Jackbox Games has announced it will soon get a release for the Nintendo Switch.

Here’s a look at the official announcement from Jackbox Games’ Twitter:
C3m7OsXWMAEMcp8.jpg

Jackbox GamesVerified account‏@jackboxgames
Follow​

More

We're excited to announce that The Jackbox Party Pack 3 is coming soon to Nintendo Switch™!

• RETWEETS861
  • LIKES2,337

1:00 PM - 1 Feb 2017

Jackbox Party Pack 3 features a collection of unique party games, including Quiplash 2, Trivia Murder Party, Tee K.O., Fakin’ It, and more.

The Jackbox Party Pack 3 is set to release for the Nintendo Switch sometime this year.

Read more stories about Jackbox Party Pack 3 & PC & PlayStation 4 & Xbox One on Siliconera.

Also with

Nintendo Says Super Bowl Ad For The Switch Speaks To Their Confidence In The System. February 2, 2017 . 9:30am

In a recent interview with TIME, Nick Chavez, Nintendo’s Senior Director of Consumer Marketing, shared the company’s decision behind airing a Super Bowl commercial for the Switch.

18 comments Read >
20161207_041737_thumb.png

The commercials during the Super Bowl are always a huge highlight of the game, and now Nintendo has revealed that the Switch will be getting its own ad during the show.

As for why Nintendo decided to promote its upcoming console during the Super Bowl, Nintendo’s Senior Director of Consumer Marketing Nick Chavez replied in a recent TIME interview with the following:
“There’s no bigger stage in the U.S. on which to showcase the platform. I think it speaks to our confidence in the system.”

Nintendo’s latest ad for the Switch features many people of various ages playing games such as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the console. Chavez had this to say about who this particular commercial’s main target audience is:
“Think about your 40- to 45-year-old parent who has really fond memories of playing Zelda growing up, sitting there watching Super Bowl with their 10- or 12-year-old child who maybe hasn’t experienced Zelda yet.”

Chavez also commented on the future of Nintendo’s advertisements for the Switch and what we can expect to see in the coming months to promote the console:
“This isn’t just a six to eight week launch campaign. This is really a 15 month campaign for us, to say nothing of our plans for 2018. You’re going to see a number of other touch points, including additional 30 or 60 second executions in the coming weeks that emphasize the full proposition, meaning those multiple demographics, including kids, teenagers, young adults, parents, active gamers, casual gamers and so forth.”
To read more from the interview with TIME, you can go here.

The Nintendo Switch will release on March 3rd, 2017.

Read more stories about Nintendo Switch on Siliconera

source: Siliconera

Last edited:
The online on my Wii U shoddy. Smash was a nightmare, with constant lag. Mario Kart and Splatoon were ok, but I had frequent disconnects. I'll pay if it means I get a more consistent experience.

Wii U online was fine for me. Online doesn't need to be too fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"