The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 million sounds about right. I would be very happy if they hit that number. Just under the DS and Wii and it seems that seems to be what they expect since they tried a new "gimmick" like play your favorite titles both at home and on the go like Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III, Madden, NBA 2K, Assasin's Creed, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, Fallout 4, Doom... On the go.

10 million sounds about right. I would be very happy if they hit that number. Just under the DS and Wii and it seems that seems to be what they expect since they tried a new "gimmick" like play your favorite titles both at home and on the go like Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III, Madden, NBA 2K, Assasin's Creed, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, Fallout 4, Doom... On the go.

I don't think we'll see these two on Switch. As a diehard Doom fan I'd love to play the new Doom on the go, but I don't foresee it coming to the Switch.

I feel they could pretty much port it over at this point. I know the Nvidia Shield has ported both Borderlands games and a few more recent ones with pretty much no downgrade. The Tegra chips are shockingly powerful.

The tech is there to port, but I don't know that Nintendo would approve such a violent and gory game. They've had Doom games on their system in the past, but the new Doom is pretty gorey. Like I said I'd love it to end up on the Switch. I just don't see it happening.

3rd party support will be my biggest factor in whether or not this console will do well or not, to console manufacturer can rely mostly on 1st party titles for that consoles entire lifespan.

See, if 2K and Betheseda are really on the up and up about creating games for this thing that is a start right there. I mean really creating games, not just crapware.

The tech is there to port, but I don't know that Nintendo would approve such a violent and gory game. They've had Doom games on their system in the past, but the new Doom is pretty gorey. Like I said I'd love it to end up on the Switch. I just don't see it happening.

You know back in 2008, when the video 'Madworld' released on the Wii, it was considered to be one of the goriest and violent videos of its time, this resulting in a lot of parents wondering why this kind of video game would launch on a 'family friendly' console like the Wii

In which then a nintendo spokesman clarified at the time that:

"Wii appeals to a wide range of audiences from children and teenagers to adult and senior citizens, anyone from 5 - 95, as such there is a wide range of content for all ages and tastes available."

Nintendo's ok with releasing violent games on their system all the way back to the Wii days, even for a game like Doom, only reason why we don't she said games anymore is due to the lack of good 3rd party support on their Consoles.

(Source)

Last edited:
See, if 2K and Betheseda are really on the up and up about creating games for this thing that is a start right there. I mean really creating games, not just crapware.

Well now that the Nintendo Switch is on par tech wise as the current gen PS4 and xbone, this should hopefully make more and more developers not shy away from adding their multiplatform games to the Switch too.

Let's not forget that one of the key selling points of the PS4 to developers according to Mark Cerny is that due to its PC spec nature its far easier to build games on the PS4 rather than lets says the old PS3 with its complicated cell processor.

3rd party support will be my biggest factor in whether or not this console will do well or not, to console manufacturer can rely mostly on 1st party titles for that consoles entire lifespan.

The thing is again they are not competing for that same space. Putting a lot of those games mentioned above on it probably won't help overall sales in all honesty. A lot of gamers own 2 or more consoles anymore, and for bigger games I still think no matter what people will go with the PS4, then X1 and maybe the Switch for third party if that's all they want to own.

I don't look to Nintendo for 3rd party anymore, and to me it's no longer important because I'd rather play most of them on my PS4 anyways.

Last edited:

when does Nintendo deny publishers from releasing their games on their system bc its too gory? That must be some misperception from the SNES days. which was like 25 years ago. Nintendo of the past couple of generations doesnt have those restrictions and is far more open to mature titles. Resident Evil, GTA, CoD, ETC.... The issue is as stated many publishers dont even bother with them anymore bc their games dont tend to do well

Well now that the Nintendo Switch is on par tech wise as the current gen PS4 and xbone, this should hopefully make more and more developers not shy away from adding their multiplatform games to the Switch too.

Let's not forget that one of the key selling points of the PS4 to developers according to Mark Cerny is that due to its PC spec nature its far easier to build games on the PS4 rather than lets says the old PS3 with its complicated cell processor.

Is it confirmed that the Switch is on par with them?

Is it confirmed that the Switch is on par with them?

They have confirmed Switch can run the Unreal 4 engine, so I'm not sure if it can do everything they can do but it's in the same realm.

Like all Betheseda games before patches. :o

when does Nintendo deny publishers from releasing their games on their system bc its too gory? That must be some misperception from the SNES days. which was like 25 years ago. Nintendo of the past couple of generations doesnt have those restrictions and is far more open to mature titles. Resident Evil, GTA, CoD, ETC.... The issue is as stated many publishers dont even bother with them anymore bc their games dont tend to do well

Don't forget freaking Bayonetta was an exclusive on the Wii U.

You know back in 2008, when the video 'Madworld' released on the Wii, it was considered to be one of the goriest and violent videos of its time, this resulting in a lot of parents wondering why this kind of video game would launch on a 'family friendly' console like the Wii

In which then a nintendo spokesman clarified at the time that:

"Wii appeals to a wide range of audiences from children and teenagers to adult and senior citizens, anyone from 5 - 95, as such there is a wide range of content for all ages and tastes available."

Nintendo's ok with releasing violent games on their system all the way back to the Wii days, even for a game like Doom, only reason why we don't she said games anymore is due to the lack of good 3rd party support on their Consoles.

(Source)

yeah well, here's the thing. alot of people that were having issue's with nintedo on the fanbase side didn't notice. hell some which I worked with as video tester were surprised to hear when told there were rain bow six games on the game cube, but they left for other system's like sony & xbox were annoyed that our dev lead laughed them for not knowing nintendo did allow more mature titles.

but thing really went down hill for nintendo around the period of the wii, when poor ports of games head to the console . and when the wii u came about & the ea/ nintendo feud started it added to the even further push of poor port's and failer like zombi U cause Ubisoft started fallowing the crowed after the ***** fest of ea durnken middle managers and dev's . And nintendo not doing enough to teach other third part's how make better games on their console while there were other's that di now but they just chose to be lazy it just hurt alot of thing's.

ther ewere some that manged to do alot like the ninja guiden game maker with the installment of 3 that done well and there was deus ex human revolutions withthe wiiu. but for people that played games it was sorta too late. cause they wanted games mass effect and the arkham series which should have come to the console sooner. but they didn't.

cause they saw games like those as coming out too late even though some like ninja Guiden "deus EX human revolutions DC" were done better on the wii U , where a game like ninja guiden failed the Xbox and sony before that with it;s last intallemment prior to coming the Wii U . then there was mass effect 3 cause middle management workers of Ea's feud with Nintendo they put their secondary/ back up people on a game bioware created on it for Nintendo and the game was on other systems made by Bioware them selves. And you how some fans are about that? bio ware said they'd love to work for nintendo Ea's overseer's from middle management wouldn't let it happen due to the feud.

then there was the Crytek team they were making crysis game for Nintendo on the wiiu and they admitted they were ok & able to make their games that melt high end pc's work on the wiiu which was in gamer news out lets.

but they weren't allowed finish work cause they were owned by Ea just like bioware too.

there was alot of thing's in the way.

mostly that feud.

and the fact that people from the fanbase only thought Nintendo doesn't do mature titles themselves in first party.

even though there was red steel and the game Geist and they were ones that had killer instinct first & there was that game bout secret service agent using some sort of ball it was a shooter.

the point is the mature titles that were made by Nintendo them selves were too small and weren't done enough for number reason's like above.

when they did they were looking for salesand other response to see if they should continue to make those mature games. but gamer that keep claiming Nintendo doesn't do mature game's never responded and go silent even when those games were put and places they should be able to see.

they always go conveniently silent.

kinda like what happened with Bayonetta 2, Recently and that game stated to have awesome reviews

Last edited:
The thing is again they are not competing for that same space. Putting a lot of those games mentioned above on it probably won't help overall sales in all honesty. A lot of gamers own 2 or more consoles anymore, and for bigger games I still think no matter what people will go with the PS4, then X1 and maybe the Switch for third party if that's all they want to own.

I don't look to Nintendo for 3rd party anymore, and to me it's no longer important because I'd rather play most of them on my PS4 anyways.

Except on the Switch, those games are portable now. I'm sure plenty of third parties are just salivating to get a bigger chunk of the Japanese market.

I'm right there with you. I love Nintendo games and will absolutely own the Switch just I have owned every other console and handheld they've ever made, but the third party gaming will by and large remain on my PS4. Stuff like Skyrim or a few other beloved third party games I will most likely buy on the Switch due to the novelty of playing those games on the go, but I'm not looking to the Switch to be my workhorse for newer third party games. If Red Dead 2 comes out on the Switch and the PS4 I'm buying it on the PS4.

Guys Nintendo's first party games will forever be awesome, till the end of gaming itself, but no console can relay mainly on 1st party titles and be successful, point in evidence the Wii U.

Mark my words that the Switch will either live or die depending on Nintendo's proposed 3rd party support for this platform.

The problem for Nintendo is no one associates the big Third Party games with Nintendo. You play those on the Xbox or Playstation, where you don't have to buy an extra "regular" controller to play those kind of games.

The problem for Nintendo is no one associates the big Third Party games with Nintendo. You play those on the Xbox or Playstation, where you don't have to buy an extra "regular" controller to play those kind of games.

they'll associate them all again once the switch is out.

nintendo_switch_partners_1140x754.jpg

3rd party titles will only thrive on the Switch if the console is powerful enough so that the Switch ports are relatively equal to the PS4/X1 ports and don't feel like inferior/gimmicky versions like the Wii / Wii U ports felt.

Those third parties have to actually support the console as well, cancelling DLC for only the Wii U version of games or delaying games only on the Wii U certainly didn't help third parties efforts to sell their games on the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"