The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys Nintendo's first party games will forever be awesome, till the end of gaming itself, but no console can relay mainly on 1st party titles and be successful, point in evidence the Wii U.

Mark my words that the Switch will either live or die depending on Nintendo's proposed 3rd party support for this platform.
don't worry I will play first party and by certain third party on the switch as long as those game good AND aren't Gimped.

the same as do for my ps4 and other system's that I own even my pc games.

again as long as their good. I want this system to do well as the others I own do. I'm only speaking for my self though.

those dev studio's better not screw them over with bad games and I hope Nintendo gave them what was needed to make awesome games on this console. I don't want hear any excuse's .

they'll associate them all again once the switch is out.

nintendo_switch_partners_1140x754.jpg
Why though? Why wouldn't they just keep playing Madden or FIFA or Call of Duty on a Playstation or Xbox? Why would they change it? They have already spent the money so they had consoles to play those games. What would be the purpose of changing that?

That is the one big thing that the Switch does have over the Wii U in terms of actually doing well with third parties. Those games are now portable. Which may not be that huge for North America. But let me tell you, it is going to be big for Japan.

Originally Posted by Sithborg
That is the one big thing that the Switch does have over the Wii U in terms of actually doing well with third parties. Those games are now portable. Which may not be that huge for North America. But let me tell you, it is going to be big for Japan.
hmmm also about whole not being backward compatable (which is a sad part for most gamers)

it's possible they can always do what microsoft is doing. as said below here.

mYvtLQ.jpg

[YT]D5t5SOUoOs0[/YT]
4 hours ago 777 views
EP Daily Rundown for October 25, 2016

Today in the Rundown, we have disappointing news for anyone hoping the Nintendo Switch will be backwards compatible, we also dig up new details on the next Indiana Jones movie, the Star Wars spin-off Rogue One, a fan-made Sonic the Hedgehog game, a Halloween update for Pokémon Go, and finally, lucrative new about Grand Theft Auto Online!

As for digital backwards compatibility, there always a chance that Nintendo will allow users to download old games if they’re synced to their Nintendo account, similar to what Microsoft is doing with 360 games on the Xbox One, but we’ll have to wait and see. Nintendo says they won’t be providing more details about the Switch until early next year,

Also with

Nintendo Says Switch Won’t Be Sold For A Loss, Expects 2 Million Units Shipped In March. October 26, 2016 . 1:00am

While we still have a few more months to learn more about the Nintendo Switch, Wall Street Journal’s Takashi Mochizuki had a few quotes to share from the company and CEO Tatsumi Kimishima.

9 comments Read >
20161026_015848_thumb.png

While we still have a few more months to learn more about the Nintendo Switch, Wall Street Journal’s Takashi Mochizuki had a few quotes to share from the company and CEO Tatsumi Kimishima.

According to the WSJ technology reporter, Kimishima-san said that the “company won’t make loss by selling it; but also listening to what consumers expect from us when setting price.

He also mentioned that the “current FY financial guidance assumes 2 million units of Switch to be shipped this fiscal year ending in March”

Considering that the Nintendo Switch is expected to launch sometime in March 2017, that means the company expects to ship out 2 million units of the upcoming console worldwide within the month of its release.

On another note, the Nintendo CEO expressed his confidence that after the full unveiling of Switch, consumers would understand that it would be different from the 3DS.

Read more stories about Nintendo & Nintendo Switch on Siliconera.

source:EPN.tv& Siliconera

Last edited:
ok here's what I got for y'all

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Nintendo Switch release date, price, and games lineup to be announced on January 12[/FONT]
Published 5 mins ago. 0 comments.

Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 to be live streamed worldwide.

Nintendo-Switch-Presentation-2017-Ann.jpg

Nintendo will host a Nintendo Switch Presentation where it will share “major details” regarding the recently revealed home gaming system on January 12, 2017 (U.S. time), Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima announced during a financial presentation in Tokyo today.

The event will be for invited media, financial analysts, and trade partners in Tokyo and will be live streamed worldwide. It will include the launch date and pricing for Nintendo Switch, as well as a look at the lineup of games currently in development.

Kimishima also announced that Nintendo Switch sampling events for invited media, partners, and consumers will take place in the U.S. and Europe after the presentation at later dates. There will also be opportunities for the public to participate in other hands-on events around the same time, details of which will be announced at a later date.
The exact time of Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 will be announced through Nintendo’s social media channels in the coming weeks.

Nintendo Switch is slated for launch worldwide in March 2017.

Read More

Switch, Nintendo, Switch

source: Gematsu

Last edited:
January showing for a March release. Thats crazy. Imagine if Sony nor MS didnt have any shows for the PS4 or XB1 till September 2013. That seems almost unheard of

Agreed, Nintendo's playing a risky game here marketing wise.

Hopefully it pays off though.

this was also put up to day

2WtmV2.jpg

[YT]HpLUwNJNbEQ[/YT]

• 4 hours ago 784 views
EP Daily Rundown for October 26, 2016

Today in the Rundown, we discuss the current state of Nintendo as they're getting ready to launch the new system the Switch. We also have new details on the Uncharted movie, some bad news for fans of the monstrous multiplayer game Evolve, new intel on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, the latest from Apple and Microsoft, and finally, some a troubling announcement from Fallout publisher Bethesda Softworks.

Nintendo really needs their next console to be a success. Less than a week after unveiling their new system the Switch, Nintendo has published their official list of software sales for their current system the Wii U. To date, the best-selling Wii U title is Mario Kart 8, which has sold 8 million copies. That might sound like a lot, but not when you compare it to Mario Kart on the original Wii, which sold more than 36 million copies. The second best Wii U game is New Super Mario Bros U at 5.5 million, compared to almost 33 million copies of New Super Mario Bros on the Wii. This is obviously a huge drop in sales from one console to the next, and these new numbers further cement the fact that the Wii U is a financial failure. This has already had severe economic consequences for Nintendo, and was likely one of the main reasons why they finally decided to start making third-party mobile games. Hopefully they’ll have better luck with the Switch. It’s slated to hit stores in March 2017.

source:
EPN.tv

Why though? Why wouldn't they just keep playing Madden or FIFA or Call of Duty on a Playstation or Xbox? Why would they change it? They have already spent the money so they had consoles to play those games. What would be the purpose of changing that?

There are gamers yet to buy a Ps4 or an Xbone. The Switch is announced and now they have a third option.

No one is going to buy a Switch instead of an Xbox or Playstation.

Nintendo Says They Haven’t Revealed Everything About The Switch Yet . October 26, 2016 . 8:45am

A spokesperson for Nintendo recently told the Wall Street Journal that “We haven’t shown everything” about the upcoming console.

79 comments Read >
Last week when Nintendo revealed their upcoming console, the Nintendo Switch, theories about the system were finally confirmed, such as its hybrid design. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

However, despite the good look we got of the console in its debut trailer, a spokesperson from Nintendo recently told the Wall Street Journal “We haven’t shown everything.”

As for now, one can only speculate about what these other surprises regarding the console could be considering the same spokesperson also confirmed that new information on the Switch will not be revealed until early next year.

The Nintendo Switch will release in March 2017.

Read more stories about Nintendo Switch on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

January showing for a March release. Thats crazy. Imagine if Sony nor MS didnt have any shows for the PS4 or XB1 till September 2013. That seems almost unheard of

It is unheard of but this is Nintendo they never do any thing normal lol.

It does sound like they are having their own convention in Jan to announce it.

If it was an enhanced console like the PS4 Pro or the Scorpio a two month showing to release window makes sense, but showing us fully a brand new console with brand new games two months before release seems a little risky to me. December would have made sense IMO. At the very least they need to open up pre-orders in December. Don't let the Hype die down Nintendo!

I too predict pre-ordering will be available this Holiday season. :D

They'd be crazy to not open up pre-orders ASAP. You've got tons of people hyped as **** for the Switch and wanting to pre-order. Let them!

They will probably have some kind of Direct in December with a new trailer, BoTW info, and the official trailer for the new Mario game with the announcement that pre-ordering is now available.

Last edited:
They will probably have some kind of Direct in December with a new trailer, BoTW info, and the official trailer for the new Mario game with the announcement that pre-ordering is now available.
inthe mean time the rumor mill back in action as we see below . but this one might happen(some of us have talked about the whole screen thing before), if what was said about the switch hasn't shown us every thing it can do and is capable of yet.

Rumor: Nintendo Switch Features A 6.2” 720p Multi-Touch Screen. October 27, 2016 . 9:45am

We still have until January to learn more about the Nintendo Switch, but some interesting rumors have surfaced from the same sources that revealed the console’s design before it was officially announced.

70 comments Read >

nintendoswitchhasa62multitouchscreenirpointer147758148382_thumb.png
We still need to wait until January to learn more about the Nintendo Switch, but Eurogamer heard about some interesting features from the same sources that informed them of the console’s design prior to its reveal.

According to the Eurogamer sources, the Nintendo Switch allegedly has a 6.2” screen size with 720p resolution. Additionally, for the first time in any Nintendo console, it’ll feature a multi-touch screen. Keep in mind that both 3DS and Wii U features single-touch screens that relied on pressure and are less precise.

The Switch’s screen is said to be a 10-point multi-touch display, which means that multi-finger gestures are also supported, similar to the PlayStation Vita. If you’re wondering why this wasn’t shown in the trailer, perhaps it could have something to do with Nintendo wanting to focus more on the home console and handheld hybrid aspect of the new console.

Should the Nintendo Switch sport a multi-touch screen, it makes us wonder how it’ll work out when the device is docked. Perhaps it could have something to do with the right-hand JoyCon, which features a short-range IR sensor in its base.

In any case, we’ll learn more about it when the console’s launch date, pricing, and software lineup is revealed on January 12, 2017. In the meantime, we’ll take everything with a grain of salt until we hear official word from Nintendo.

Read more stories about Nintendo & Nintendo Switch on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

I really do think they will remains silent in December. Try to push out the last of their Wii U's.

what do you think the av. price of a Switch game will be?

think it will $60 or something cheaper like $40 or $50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"