The Official Pirates of The Caribbean: World's End Thread!

Any ideas/thoughts about how Blackbeard will look like and what his role may be....?

Like the ghost pirates from the first except he carries his head.

Or supposedly after he was beheaded, his head was tied to the bowstrip of Maynard's(Blackbeards murderer) ship. Maybe Jack finds just the head, a ghost head like in the first POTC. A wise cracking head the tries to lead them to his treasure just so he can backstab them and reconnect with his body.

^Wackiness ensues. If the head is voiced by Bernie Mac, I'm sold.

terry78 said:
^Wackiness ensues. If the head is voiced by Bernie Mac, I'm sold.

Maybe Ricky Gervais from The Office (UK version, original btw) or maybe Stephen Fry (voice of the Hitchiker's Guide in HGTTG(2005), and Natalie Portman's friend in V for Vendetta)

There would probably have to be another villain to go up against before Blackbeard reconnects with his body. Maybe someone who just seems like a villain because they are trying to kill Jack but really only trying to stop Blackbeard. Maybe Poseidon/Neptune or an agent of Poseidon/Neptune, like Scylla and Charybdis or a resurrected Odysseus or something

cerealkiller182 said:
Like the ghost pirates from the first except he carries his head.

Or supposedly after he was beheaded, his head was tied to the bowstrip of Maynard's(Blackbeards murderer) ship. Maybe Jack finds just the head, a ghost head like in the first POTC. A wise cracking head the tries to lead them to his treasure just so he can backstab them and reconnect with his body.
That sounds un real...

Cinemaman said:
Who is Blackbeard???

And who will play him???

If you look back a few posts you can see I described who Blackbeard was. He was real, BTW?

Nobody is playing him, someone brought up the fact that he should be in the third one, and I kinda went crazy with it. Sorry if I put anyones hopes up. I did the same thing in the Deadpool thread in Marvel Films. I just went bat-**** crazy with how I would do it.

Actually, Blackbeard is in the movie. He appears on Shipwreck Island. You can read about it in the deleted Latino Review script review that I posted on the first page.

From wikipedia:

Blackbeard (c. 1680–November 22, 1718) was the nickname of Edward Teach, alias Edward Thatch, (other sources give his name as Edward Drummond) a notorious English pirate who had a short reign of terror in the Caribbean Sea between 1716 and 1718, during a period of time referred to as the Golden Age of Piracy. His final and best known vessel, the Queen Anne's Revenge, is believed to have run ashore near what is now the Ocracoke Inlet, North Carolina in 1718. Blackbeard had over a dozen wives, most of which were common-law marriages. His last wife was Mary Ormond (or Ormand) of Bath, North Carolina, to whom he was only married for a short while. A painting of him hangs in Van Der Veer House (ca. 1790), in Bath N.C. He is thought to have been born in either Bristol, England, or Jamaica.

Blackbeard often fought with, or simply showed himself wearing, multiple swords, knives, and pistols, and was notorious for wearing hemp and lighted matches woven into his enormous black beard during battle. This image, which he cultivated, has made him the premier image of the seafaring pirate.

One legend says that he shot his own first mate, because "if he didn’t shoot one or two [crewmen] now and then, they’d forget who he was." [1]

Little is known about his early life, though it is believed he was born in Bristol, England in 1680. His career began as a seaman on privateers sailing out of Jamaica during the War of the Spanish Succession (1701-1713), and later served aboard a Jamaican ship commanded by the pirate Benjamin Hornigold, whom he met at New Providence in 1716. He was eventually made a captain while serving under Hornigold when, near the island of Martinique, they captured the French slave ship La Concorde out of Nantes, on November 28, 1717. According to the French governor of the island, "Edoard Titche" commanded two boats of British pirates, one of 12 and the other of 8 guns, with 250 men. La Concorde was a prize: a 300-ton frigate armed with 40 cannons, which had ranged the west coast of Africa, taking British, Dutch and Portuguese ships. Teach renamed it Queen Anne's Revenge.

Hornigold then retired, taking advantage of an amnesty extended to privateers.

In the following two years Teach acquired a fearsome reputation for cruelty after repeatedly preying on shipping and coastal settlements of the West Indies and the Atlantic coast of North America. A running duel with the British 30-gunned man-of-war HMS Scarborough added to his notoriety.

He would raid merchant ships, coming up on them in major channels and forcing them to allow him and his crew to board their ship. Teach and his men would take all of the valuables, food, liquor, and weapons from the ship and if there was no resistance, let the merchant ship go. On ships that resisted, all aboard were killed.

Teach kept headquarters in both the Bahamas and the Carolinas. He lived on the island of Nassau where he was named the Magistrate of the "Privateers Republic". The governor of North Carolina, Charles Eden, received booty from Teach in return for unofficial protection and gave him an official pardon. He was forced to leave Nassau by Royal Governor Woodes Rogers when the island was raided and all pirate occupants were either killed or driven out.

Despite this setback, Teach went back to piracy after a few weeks. As his violent raids increased, the citizens of North Carolina lost patience and sent an appeal to the governor of Virginia, Alexander Spotswood. Spotswood replied by sending troops to hunt him down. It is questionable as to whether Spotswood had the jurisdiction to do so.

HUMAN said:
Actually, Blackbeard is in the movie. He appears on Shipwreck Island. You can read about it in the deleted Latino Review script review that I posted on the first page.

Oh I see! Good to know!

So I guess he wont be dead. Just a cameo it seems. I think that would be a waste.

Thanks for the info......what are yje chances of Neptune being in 3?

A few differnt things

IronSpidy, unreal= good or bad

I just had a mind fart! Taking my old idea with Blackbeard, I would cast Rowan Atkinson as BB. A comedic competitor to Depp's highly centric Sparrow

CapBeerCIno, whats the worry? Worked for LOTR, Matrix (they're problems were elsewhere), and if it works for POTC, then there probably will be a large influx of similar situations.

Finally:
Is there anyone more feasible then Poseidan as a villain for POTC 3 besides original characters. I'm not a sea myth pro but here are possiblities:

Cthulhu (although Davey Jones was supposedly designed after him)
Atlantis (although i dont know any specific characters)
Poseidan/Neptune (I dont see it happen)
and thats all I could think of.

DOes anyone know any other possiblities?

Unreal= cool! Yes I too dont see Neptune happining but he would look super cool! I dunno can can picture him in my head really really well.

CapBeerCino said:
The two films shot together makes me worry...

Why? Look at the Back to The Future sequels. Look at the LOTR trilogy, that was THREE movies shot at the same time. The original Donner Superman anthology was two films back to back.

HUMAN said:
From wikipedia:

Blackbeard (c. 1680–November 22, 1718) was the nickname of Edward Teach, alias Edward Thatch, (other sources give his name as Edward Drummond) a notorious English pirate who had a short reign of terror in the Caribbean Sea between 1716 and 1718, during a period of time referred to as the Golden Age of Piracy. His final and best known vessel, the Queen Anne's Revenge, is believed to have run ashore near what is now the Ocracoke Inlet, North Carolina in 1718. Blackbeard had over a dozen wives, most of which were common-law marriages. His last wife was Mary Ormond (or Ormand) of Bath, North Carolina, to whom he was only married for a short while. A painting of him hangs in Van Der Veer House (ca. 1790), in Bath N.C. He is thought to have been born in either Bristol, England, or Jamaica.

Blackbeard often fought with, or simply showed himself wearing, multiple swords, knives, and pistols, and was notorious for wearing hemp and lighted matches woven into his enormous black beard during battle. This image, which he cultivated, has made him the premier image of the seafaring pirate.

One legend says that he shot his own first mate, because "if he didn’t shoot one or two [crewmen] now and then, they’d forget who he was." [1]

Little is known about his early life, though it is believed he was born in Bristol, England in 1680. His career began as a seaman on privateers sailing out of Jamaica during the War of the Spanish Succession (1701-1713), and later served aboard a Jamaican ship commanded by the pirate Benjamin Hornigold, whom he met at New Providence in 1716. He was eventually made a captain while serving under Hornigold when, near the island of Martinique, they captured the French slave ship La Concorde out of Nantes, on November 28, 1717. According to the French governor of the island, "Edoard Titche" commanded two boats of British pirates, one of 12 and the other of 8 guns, with 250 men. La Concorde was a prize: a 300-ton frigate armed with 40 cannons, which had ranged the west coast of Africa, taking British, Dutch and Portuguese ships. Teach renamed it Queen Anne's Revenge.

Hornigold then retired, taking advantage of an amnesty extended to privateers.

In the following two years Teach acquired a fearsome reputation for cruelty after repeatedly preying on shipping and coastal settlements of the West Indies and the Atlantic coast of North America. A running duel with the British 30-gunned man-of-war HMS Scarborough added to his notoriety.

He would raid merchant ships, coming up on them in major channels and forcing them to allow him and his crew to board their ship. Teach and his men would take all of the valuables, food, liquor, and weapons from the ship and if there was no resistance, let the merchant ship go. On ships that resisted, all aboard were killed.

Teach kept headquarters in both the Bahamas and the Carolinas. He lived on the island of Nassau where he was named the Magistrate of the "Privateers Republic". The governor of North Carolina, Charles Eden, received booty from Teach in return for unofficial protection and gave him an official pardon. He was forced to leave Nassau by Royal Governor Woodes Rogers when the island was raided and all pirate occupants were either killed or driven out.

Despite this setback, Teach went back to piracy after a few weeks. As his violent raids increased, the citizens of North Carolina lost patience and sent an appeal to the governor of Virginia, Alexander Spotswood. Spotswood replied by sending troops to hunt him down. It is questionable as to whether Spotswood had the jurisdiction to do so.

Governor Alexander Spotswood of Virginia gathered a crew of British Naval officers, led by Lieutenant Robert Maynard, and sent them to Ocracoke where Blackbeard was known to be hiding. In a fierce fight beginning at dawn on November 22, 1718, the British sailors attacked and defeated Blackbeard and his crew. After suffering twenty-five wounds, including five from gunshots, Blackbeard finally died. Lieutenant Maynard, needing proof of Blackbeard's death in order to claim the bounty offered by Governor Spotswood, beheaded the pirate and hung his severed head from the front of the ship as it sailed home.​

CapBeerCino said:
The two films shot together makes me worry...

If they were being released like it was with the Matrix then I'd be worry but these are being released almost a year apart like the LOTR.

Sure, it could be rushed, but just because the matrix sequels sucked doesn't mean these will.

Look what they did with Lord of the Rings.

Your logic is ultimately flawed.

Lets get up with pur thoughts about the 3rf movie? Any drawings of blckbeard?

Who are Posseidon and Neptune? Are they gods in POTC3???

POTC sequels can be next Matrix/BTTF sequels or LOTR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"