The Official PS4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if we get this announcement...

"Every PS4 is a Neo. Download your firmware upgrade today. All hail our cloud overlords."

:)

Funny you say that but it was announced that all PS4s will be HDR capable via firmware

$399!
And 1TB from the go. That's great. Can't wait to get it.

I dont understand why they needed a whole press conference for this

It is only 400 bucks. That is impressive. I was expecting at lest 500.

Nothing about those leaked specs suggested the price jump would be $150 over the current model. $399 seems about right. After the PS3 launch debacle, Sony was never going to go that high again. They also saw what it did to MS

It's well and good that devs have the option to use that power how they want, but if they can just churn out a 4K port and call it a day...

-Vince Ingineto

That name doesn't sound good. PS4K would have been much better.

so how is the Pro different than the X1 S in reality?

and what's that about the HDR firmware update coming to all PS4s?

so how is the Pro different than the X1 S in reality?

One plays Xbox games and the other plays PS4 games. The PS4 has always been more powerful to produce potentially better looking games and that gap just widened

Meaning all they'll have to do is a lazy 4K port. I honestly doubt any Dev will really take the time to make a grade A 4K game. They'll just uprez it. I think this was all a dumb idea.. It's not even close to phone iteration improvement. It's not 2x as fast nor does it take less power..

It's a cash grab for people that want the "fancy" ****. Anyone that cares THIS much about graphics are playing PC games on high end rigs.. Not PS4's.

I'm simply not in on this machine.

PS4 Pro is basically the equivalent of the 360 Elite. A tiny bit of difference that basically will change nothing. No one will be left out if they keep their original PS4's or get a Slim. You'll literally miss nothing if you completely skip the Pro.

Meaning all they'll have to do is a lazy 4K port. I honestly doubt any Dev will really take the time to make a grade A 4K game. They'll just uprez it. I think this was all a dumb idea.. It's not even close to phone iteration improvement. It's not 2x as fast nor does it take less power..

It's a cash grab for people that want the "fancy" ****. Anyone that cares THIS much about graphics are playing PC games on high end rigs.. Not PS4's.

I'm simply not in on this machine.

Devs are already doing this. PCs already have to cater to higher end models and that will just be adapted to PS4 games, instead of the locked lower specs. Besides, Sony first party teams most definitely will take advantage of this bc A) they dont have a choice and B)they have just one platform to do so

PS4 Pro is basically the equivalent of the 360 Elite. A tiny bit of difference that basically will change nothing. No one will be left out if they keep their original PS4's or get a Slim. You'll literally miss nothing if you completely skip the Pro.

Well thats not entirely true. The Elite was the same exact system on the inside. The only difference outside of cosmetics was the larger HDD and HDMI port. It didnt have a different GPU or anything that improved the power used to run the games. We probably wont see as much of a difference early on but expect that to be different a year+ out from now

Last edited:
The graphics can be better. They showed that there was more detail in the environments and more grass.

glad that it comes with 1TB by default, though I wish it were 2TB.

if there's a good trade in program for my original PS4, I'll probably make the upgrade.

glad that it comes with 1TB by default, though I wish it were 2TB.

if there's a good trade in program for my original PS4, I'll probably make the upgrade.

and then return it for a Scorpio before deciding to go back to the Pro

:cwink:

Also.. Big rumor Pro does NOT have a 4K Bluray drive.

Also.. Big rumor Pro does NOT have a 4K Bluray drive.

4K capabilities is the primary advantage this thing has. Considering games wont be native 4k, its media functionality will essential and streaming alone will not suffice. Big mistake Sony if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"