The Official Punisher 2 Casting Thread

Casting details anyone? Filming supposedly starts at the end of the month in Canada and Ray is the only one cast so far, WTF? Hey Advanced any info, rumors, or anything leaked yet on who else is in this flick? Don't be holding out on us man!:oldrazz:

Where'd you hear they'd be shooting in Canada? And where in Canada?

Fingers crossed for Toronto...

i posted it somewhere else....
Jay Karnes from the shield no doubt IS SOAP!! no one else dammit!!

http://www.tvguide.com/images/pgimg/jay-karnes1.jpg

That's got to be thee best choice for Soap I've heard yet. I hate Soap, but JAY KARNES could make him tolerable. This guy is fantastic on THE SHIELD. He can play almost comicly clumsy and incompetent without overplaying it or doing anything at the character's expense. Honestly and with integrity without becoming a parody, allowing the audience to sympathize with him instead of just pitying him.

Excellent choice!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dash Mihok as Detective Martin Soap. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colin Salmon as Agent Paul Budiansky.[/FONT][/FONT]
DashMihok2.png
ColinSalmon2.png

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]T.J. Storm as Maginty[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Doug Hutchinson as Loony Bin Jim[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]
TJStorm.png
DougHutchinson2.png

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yes, it's true. More casting luck for yours truly. Perfect Jigsaw, Marvelous Micro, Wicked Maginty!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dominic West as Jigsaw[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wayne Knight as Microchip[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
DominicWest.png
WayneKnight.png

From the description of Loony Bin Jim, he strikes me as being loosely based on The Holy,and The Elite from Welcome Back Frank.

From the description of Loony Bin Jim, he strikes me as being loosely based on The Holy,and The Elite from Welcome Back Frank.
Nut LBJ is an established criminal, Holy, Payback and Elite were citizens acting like vigilantes.

I imagine LBJ will be something along the lines of Pitsy.

Here's the original casting call for Punisher Warzone:

http://www.casting-call.us/display_casting4.php?casting_id=144324&s=

Non-Union
Non-Sag

Does this mean it won't be effected by the strike. :) Also some details there I cannot cut and paste it. Look at the description of LBJ it even has some spoilers in the cast descriptiosn.

STORY: Frank Castle has nothing to lose anymore. Driven by the murder of his family, Castle wages a one man war against organized crime-the same people that executed his family and left him for dead. Upon surviving the tragic loss, Castle reinvents himself, donning the famous skull that he bears on his chest to let the criminals know who he is-and that there is no reprieve from him. The punisher is a no-holds-barred vigilante, and every criminal is on his checklist. A bad guy to the bad guys, the Punisher has nothing to lose and all the punishment to deliver.

Ok here's LBJ's description:

LBJ: the brother of Billy Russo, known as Loony Bin Jim, he is a man of average size, first seen wrapped in a strait jacket; wiry, almost reptilian, he doesn't seem big enough to cause trouble for The Punisher - but his blood chemistry is violently out of whack, so flooded with adrenaline and testosterone that he's got to create his own private killing field just to let off steam. Volatile, unstable, and usually just plain crazy, LBJ is a homicidal maniac who joins forces with his mutilated brother, and together the two men have themselves a party. Lead

What's not to love after reading those descriptions? Start filming already!

I really liked Ink too, I was hoping they'd include him in the script.

According to IMDB, Keram Malicki-Sánchez is in negotiations about playing Ink. I don't know who submitted it or how they got that information, but its there. Am I reporting old news?

Its also in his filmography on wikipedia.

Are there any chicks cast in this yet (at least one would be nice)? It better not be an April O'Neil role.

They've added details for 2 more of the roles.

http://www.auditions-auditions.com/display_casting4.php?casting_id=171775&s=

Cristu Bulat: 40-45, heavy-set, thick black mustache. This Romanian mobster runs the U.S. end of his Romanian gang's operations. He's using Billy's contacts at the docks to bring biological weapons into the U.S.

Searchable talent specs:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiberiu Bulat: Romanian, the father of Cristu Bulat. He wants to exact revenge on the men responsible for sending his son to jail.

Searchable talent specs:

I love how they include "thick black moustache" in the description.

I *SERIOUSLY* hope the thing in Micro's description about him being one of the few people to know the Punisher's "secret" identity.

Certainly, there are things that in the film that I would prefer be done a different way then they're going. For instance, I would *prefer* if Microcip weren't in the film at all, but something like that isn't going to ruin the film for me.

However, if they make "The Punisher" some secret identity that know one can figure out... That's a movie killer for me right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"