• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Punisher 2 Casting Thread

I'm happy micro is gonna be in it, God forbid they make a Punisher movie that uses elements from the comics. If Chuck Liddell is playing LBJ that could be neat, I like Liddell, dont know much about his acting skills though. Micro would be a good source of comic relief and if the script is good he could really serve a purpose. People saying "Punisher should be a lone wolf, ONE MAN war on crime" dont get it. James Bond has Q, Batman has Alfred (and Lucius Fox) and they're both about as "lone wolf" as it gets, and those supporting characters add to the entertainment value of those stories. Having micro doing some research for him, hacking stuff, and doing computer stuff to throw off the authorites will not make The Punisher seem less badass.... being a lone wolf is an attitude. If its written correctly, having micro could greatly improve the story... if you ask me 04 Punisher could have used some Microchip (but im glad they saved him for WarZone).

actually oliver platt as micro could work...

I would't be pissed if Pepper was cast as Billy.

I don't think any of those three choices are that bad. I like Adam Goldberg as Soap especially.

Cox is way to old for Micro.

John Billingsley for Micro
Adam Goldberg for Soap
Cole Hauser for Jigsaw

Cole Hauser is doing a TV show now right filming non-stop so would he even have time?

Cox is way to old for Micro.

John Billingsley for Micro
Adam Goldberg for Soap
Cole Hauser for Jigsaw
Yeah, Cox is old. Then agian, they can make him have a late 30's or early 40's look, and it ain't like Micro is going to go with Castle much or doing anything physical so I don't know. Adam Goldberg look like a good Soap, He look like a drunk. LOL. Hauser I think will be ok for Jigsaw, but I think he needs to gain a little weight to look more butal, cause Castle is a big guy. Russo has to be a brutal, ruthless, criminal that uses a lot of weapons.

Cole Hauser is doing a TV show now right filming non-stop so would he even have time?

Actors do tv shows and movies all the time. Julian McMahon did Nip/Tuck and F4 at the same time.

^ The studios tend to cooperate if it's all in house. Like "The Shield" and Fantastic Four actors, etc...Not sure if another studio would be so flexible.

Anyone think Kevin Smith could play Microchip? Also anyone for Microchip turning on punisher in the end?

no to kevin (nothing against him , just not right for the role) and micro chip turning bad would be cool just so we could see another bad guy get his head blown off

Where's the real casting news? Who's playing what is what I want to know. Is it really taking this long to cast Jigsaw?:joker:

JOHNNY MESSNER FOR BILLY RUSSO.

He can pull off the arrogance and vanity of Billy "the beaut."

lc_messner.jpg

Not to mention the physical prowess of a brutal New York assassin with the mercenary skills to rival Castle. Someone you believe could actually KILL Ray Stevenson's Punisher.

johnnymessner.jpg

Makes a much more convincing GANGSTER than most other candidates mentioned and was born in NY, so he won't even have "act" being authentic. Not being a household name also makes him quite affortable.

^^
Call me crazy but he looks too much like a guy who'd play Frank Castle.

Barry Pepper sucks, he hasn't done a good movie since the friggin Green Mile. I know it'd never happen now but I so wish they coulda got Michael Keaton...

I thought he would be a solid Castle after watching Running Scared but he's a better baddie to me.

After watching Running Scared I thought he was the only choice for Jigsaw. But I think it would have been more fun to see Johnny Messner against Tom Jane. I can't really picture him fighting Ray Stevenson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"