The Official Pyro/St. John Allerdyce Thread.

Agreed. I liked that lighter. I never really saw the need for the huge backpack thing. All ne needs is a tiny spark, right? So why would he need more than just a little bit of lighter fluid? I might be wrong about his powers, but if I'm not then it just doesn't seem to make sense. It's not like the backpack looks good or anything.

Sure as hell doesn't look good. Is that Rogue in your Avvy or someone else, Quing?

jpsketch said:
Pyro was a definate upside to X2. Bryan took a rather blah character, IMO and made him three dementional. I loved his character in X2 and how he progressed throughout the film. Can't wait to see what happens in X3.

Definitely,he gave him depth.Didn't just make him one of Magneto's boneheads liks Sabretooth,who might I add got the total shaft in X1.

I also hope they don't kill him off in X3.THey should keep him around for a while.

CrawlerFan said:
Sure as hell doesn't look good. Is that Rogue in your Avvy or someone else, Quing?

It's Rogue.

And just so that this isn't spam, I'll add that killing Pyro would be incredibly pointless. They finally gave some good background to one of the Brotherhooders. They shouldn't destroy that.

Yeah,...I never liked the Pyro-death conception either...It didn't seem right for the character...Mystique is better off dying than Pyro..

Quing said:
Agreed. I liked that lighter. I never really saw the need for the huge backpack thing. All ne needs is a tiny spark, right? So why would he need more than just a little bit of lighter fluid? I might be wrong about his powers, but if I'm not then it just doesn't seem to make sense. It's not like the backpack looks good or anything.
Hmmm..The backpack thing looks good for the character mostly in the comics/cartoons or whatnot...

I can assume that it was mostly so that Pyro always had more than enough "ready" fire whenever he needed it so that when he wanted some whenever, it was there in good supply and would be easier for manipulating(which I would think is harder to do than to simulatenously increase the fire's intensity)...It's not like he would continue on burning the fire from an initial spark..That's why I think he had the tanks...

But in a more practical and realistic sense (for the movies anyway), that much (fire) wouldn't necessarily be needed in a larger tank, but nonetheless, there could be some kind of way where he gets his fire which doesn't take but a few seconds and is still intimidating and threatening (or at least more intimidating than pulling out a lighter)...

-TNC

See, I think that the lighter works well because it isn't intimidating. He pulls it out, flicks it on, and the other person goes "Oh, wow. What're you going to do, chase me around and try to catch my clothes on fire?" Then suddenly, the flame gets huge and engulfs the other person. I think that that's more powerful than something that obviously suggests that he's able to manipulate large amounts of flame.

I'm just saying that there needs to be something in between...A middleground..

The audience has already seen what he can do with one little lighter..Taking it one step up could be something interesting to see..

-TNC

Quing said:
See, I think that the lighter works well because it isn't intimidating. He pulls it out, flicks it on, and the other person goes "Oh, wow. What're you going to do, chase me around and try to catch my clothes on fire?" Then suddenly, the flame gets huge and engulfs the other person. I think that that's more powerful than something that obviously suggests that he's able to manipulate large amounts of flame.
Agreed :up: This looks so much better on the big screen

pyrofirex27pp.png

Source: http://www.christovfx.com

TNC9852002 said:
I'm just saying that there needs to be something in between...A middleground..

The audience has already seen what he can do with one little lighter..Taking it one step up could be something interesting to see..

-TNC
Flame gauntlets with some protective gear would be cool. If it were up to me I'd give him a "finger flicking" gesture to start up a flame sort of like Human Torch in FF.

How about him creating 'fire' creatures with his powers? Didn't he do that in the comics? I wouldn't overdo that effect in the movie but at least pay homage to it.

Octoberist said:
How about him creating 'fire' creatures with his powers? Didn't he do that in the comics? I wouldn't overdo that effect in the movie but at least pay homage to it.
Yeah,...Now that Pyro would be older and perhaps taken as a pupil of Magneto's, he'd most likely be able to creatively manipulate his fire by now..

-TNC

Octoberist said:
I'd like to see that as well.

Octoberist said:
That would be cool as well. It would be nice to show some more growth in his powers in between X2 and X3 and making his powers create more complex fire forms.

Will said:
Flame gauntlets with some protective gear would be cool. If it were up to me I'd give him a "finger flicking" gesture to start up a flame sort of like Human Torch in FF.
Hmmm..They'd have to be tricky with that...The flicking thing, which I thought of once or twice (before the F4 trailers.. :p ) could be avoided now as to distinguish moreso between the two MARVEL movie fire wielders. It COULD work, but I don't think they should do it now that Torch has been seen doing it in F4. I'd stick with having him "pressing" for a light...

If they really want to be imaginative, maybe they could have his entire glove of a hard sandy texture so that in the event he's ran out of lighter fluid, he could swipe his hands together for a spark, creating a fireball out of his hands if you will..

-TNC

TNC9852002 said:
Hmmm..They'd have to be tricky with that...The flicking thing, which I thought of once or twice (before the F4 trailers.. :p ) could be avoided now as to distinguish moreso between the two MARVEL movie fire wielders. It COULD work, but I don't think they should do it now that Torch has been seen doing it in F4. I'd stick with having him "pressing" for a light...
-TNC

I agree. It would have been neat, but now that it's been done by F4, it wouldn't work as well. I do like the idea of having some kind of gauntlet, but it would have to be something that makes sense in battle. He should still be able to bend his wrists.

Also, the flame animals thing would be neat. Actually, I think it might be "cute" if at the beginning of the movie, they showed a fiery phoenix then zoomed out and it was really just him, working with his powers.

Lmao. That'd be a ''cute" funny shout out to the phoenix force form.

TNC9852002 said:

If they really want to be imaginative, maybe they could have his entire glove of a hard sandy texture so that in the event he's ran out of lighter fluid, he could swipe his hands together for a spark, creating a fireball out of his hands if you will..

-TNC
Heh, I see your point about the whole FF thing. I guess anther thing they could do aside from your idea is to make the guantlets similar to Spider-Man's web shooters in the books with a mechanism generating a spark with little cartridges of hidden lighter fluid.

To activate it I'd make him press hard against a button in his palm by making a fist. His comic version I think had a similar way of activating the flamethrower but he definitely needs a source of flammable liquid to draw upon without looking like a dork.

Yep..Basically that's what I was talking about earlier about my old drawing of Pyro having gauntlets and they would be connected on his wrists and attached to the small tanks on his arms,...I initially had it so that the flame came out through the underside of his hand between the palm and the wrist, but maybe it'd look too "Spider-Many"...Hmmmm

-TNC

I wouldn't mind seeing Pyro have the gauntlets and all.As long as it's a sleek,practical design and not bulky as if he's carrying around propane tanks on his arms.

one little bullet to Pyro's propane tank and he's crispy cream.

I honestly don't see any need for propane and propane acessories.

all he needs is his lighter and as a backup...flints sewn into his gloves.

the one thing i want to see is pyro's australian bg. i still dont know why singer didnt give him an accent and have him dye is hair. Maybe a little australian accent would be cool?? i would like to see that a lot

I don't see the need for flints in the gloves...or gloves for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"