The Official Pyro/St. John Allerdyce Thread.

GNR4Life said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Pyro have the gauntlets and all.As long as it's a sleek,practical design and not bulky as if he's carrying around propane tanks on his arms.
Hmmm..maybe "tanks" are the wrong word to describe the naphtha containers that I'm imagining...The dimensions of the containers themselves would probably only be 4"(l) x 3"(w) x 1"(h)...Similar to the size of four of Pyro's zippo lighters stacked in up vertically 2 x 2...

-TNC

But I am forced to wonder if he needs any extra naphtha or anything like that. I say that because he did quite a lot with just a simple lighter when he had his hissy fit at Bobby's house.

He should keep the lighter.. and the street clothes. It fits him well.

can anyone do a manip of him with some blonde hair or blonde streaks?

Neto Magnus said:
one little bullet to Pyro's propane tank and he's crispy cream.

I honestly don't see any need for propane and propane acessories.

all he needs is his lighter and as a backup...flints sewn into his gloves.

I wasn't suggesting propane tanks.

Jan Irisi said:
But I am forced to wonder if he needs any extra naphtha or anything like that. I say that because he did quite a lot with just a simple lighter when he had his hissy fit at Bobby's house.
That might be what I would call a typical situation...Not exactly a "combat" situation where he would want to carry and wield alot more fire around in any case...

Like I said, I've assumed that he had those big packs so that he had more than enough "ready" fire whenever he needed it, was there in good supply, and would be easier for manipulating( and Pyro didn't seem to master manipulating the fire into complex shapes yet in X2, which I would think is harder to do than to simulatenously increase the fire's intensity)...It's not like he would continue on burning the fire from an initial spark from a lighter...With a bigger boost of intial flame, he might be able to work faster..

-TNC

Hmmm, I guess I'd be willing to except the flamethrowers. . .if they don't come off looking too ridiculous.

God. Kmack, your avvy is the most addictive of them all. You just are forced to sit and watch it for a while each time you see it.

I would like to see the backpack in at least one scene if anything as an homage. Maybe it could be incorporated as armor into his uniform. Instead of shooting flames from his gloves, the hose/tubes could lead to sPray nozzles which are holstered at his hips. They can be explained off as freeze-proof, unlike his lighters. Otherwise, Bobby could just freeze the lighter fluid and end the fight before it starts. Plus, it'd make for a good quick draw scene.

On top of this, he needs his lighter from X2 as well as a few other tricks up his sleeve. I like the flint tipped gloves idea. A snap of the fingers and he's got a sPark to work with in a pinch. I've also heard somewhere that if you fill up a tennis ball with matchheads, it'll ignite on impact. He could have some throwable device like that too just in case.

You know what would be cool. Ice man vs. Pyro. That would be an amzing battle. What do you guys think.

I've been against it...If there's ever a fight, it wouldn't be anything directly physical or personal to the point where they'd be actually trying to kill each other...It would be very tricky to do..

-TNC

I personally don't like the propane tanks suggestion. His power usage in X2 was impressive because it all came from the flame of a lighter. If if already had great big jets of glames via a propane tank his power will look less impressive. I've notice in the cartoons, it often looks like he's not using his powers at all, and instead just firing a flame thrower.

Didn't someone mention someone was designing a lighter for X3 in a thrad a while back?

Well,...maybe there's something there...I've never thought of the naphtha containers in my little conception would produce a flame so large that it would take away from the impact. Definitely not as large as they've been in the cartoons..In my little sketch, the flame produced is probably about a flame of this much intensity:

fire%20up%20the%20grill.JPG

And I do remember reading something a couple of months back about lighters in X3...Hmmm..I can't remember details...

-TNC

My old concept pics:

I'm sure I can make some better looking sketches now...I would change the device at the wrists and put an attachment so that it hooks right onto his gloves and extends around between his fingers because in that picture, it looks like the switch is just hanging there from the gauntlets.

-TNC

I remember those. I like those designs better than your Juggernaut helmet.

Jumping in here...about the tanks...and exploding Pyro bits in the air...according to myth, pyromaniacs don't burn, so his tanks exploding wouldn't cause him to catch on fire unless he somehow lost control and burned himself on purpose...

On a different point, I loved Pyro in Evolutiona nd wish they would play his movie persona like that...slightly crazy, slightly hysterical...completely sexy...and let's spiff him up a bit...make him cuter...more...sensual...like fire...

TNC9852002 said:
My old concept pics:

I'm sure I can make some better looking sketches now...I would change the device at the wrists and put an attachment so that it hooks right onto his gloves and extends around between his fingers because in that picture, it looks like the switch is just hanging there from the gauntlets.

-TNC

I like the 1st one TNC.Definitely a cool subtle look.

Stanford just oozes talent.I really hope Fox realizes this and keeps him around.

TNC9852002 said:
My old concept pics:

-TNC
Nice work TNC :up: It actually doesn't look so bad as i thought. It's all about how the costume designer conceals the mechanism without making it look ridiculous.

UPDATE
231.jpg

POSSIBLE Aaron Stanford qoutes next week?! On his official site it says that he's started working on X3 and it also mentions that his new movie Runaway is screening at the Toronto Film Festival on September 15 and 17. Since it's an 'indy' i'm almost certain the investors and/or studio are going to want their star to appear and talk about the film. This would be a great oppurtunity for the press to ask about X3 don't you think? Finally hear some more details on his role.

Runaway to screen at 2005 Toronto International Film Festival. Showings on September 15 and 17.
Source: http://www.aaronstanford.com/aaron/news.htm
More info on screenings: http://www.e.bell.ca/filmfest/2005/films_description.asp?id=231

*crosse fingers*

So now we Pyro is now is blond again. Will they also mention his aussie roots?

From The X3 Photo Album thread:
Aaron Stanford at Toronto Film Festival - September 15, 2005
015nm.jpg

052iu.jpg

032yg.jpg
045py.jpg

Aaron Stanford, sporting new blonde hairdo with Robin Tunney and director Tim McCann 2005 Toronto Film Festival at the "Runaway" Premiere.

Images courtesy of http://www.livejournal.com/community/stanfordwank/25678.html , http://www.livejournal.com/community/stanfordwank/ and wireimages - Thanks to Neto Magnus for the original lead!

Wow. I really hope they don't mention the aussie roots now though. It's a little weird for him to suddenly be Australian all of a sudden in X3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"