The Official Star Trek: Deep Spae Nine Thread

The Squirrel

Le Rongeur
Reaction score
A place to discuss what is possibly one of the best Star Trek shows.

2wr42gp.jpg

Things didn't really get going until the end of the second season, but after that, it ranks among Farscape and Battlestar Galactica as my favorite SF TV series of all time.

Best Star Trek series of ALL TIME. It took Star Trek to a dark, complex place most "Trekkies" and casual sci-fi viewers weren't ready for. It's "The Empire Strikes Back" of Star Trek...

The last 6 episodes of the series with that Dominion War story arch building towards the finale were brilliantly scripted.

One episode that had a cool twist at the end was "In the Pale Moonlight" where Sisko enlists Garak's help, and Garak commits an act of sabotage on the Romulan ship which would assist their cause in the war in inplicating the Dominion.

I think the Covenant from Halo took a lot from the Dominion...whatcha think?

One episode that had a cool twist at the end was "In the Pale Moonlight" where Sisko enlists Garak's help, and Garak commits an act of sabotage on the Romulan ship which would assist their cause in the war in inplicating the Dominion.

That has to be one of the best episodes of the show, hands down. Everything in that episode was great.

Plus it gave us this:
[YT]7qKcJF4fOPs[/YT]

My girlfriend and I just started watching this on Netflix last night. I really like Sisko as a character. It's too bad Worf doesn't show up for a while though.

The show gets a-MAY-zing. When I first watched it on DVD (hadn't seen it live) I wasn't sold until season 3 that the show is great. Season 4 that the show may beat TNG. Season 6 is when I realized it was my favorite show of all time. Season 7 I cried.

"The Visitor". I watched this about a year ago and I tell you what, it brings tears to my eyes.

"The Visitor". I watched this about a year ago and I tell you what, it brings tears to my eyes.

That was a fantastic and moving episode about the love of a son for his father. I think I would've done the same thing as Jake if I were in his place. It should've won that Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation, just like the Inner Light in TNG did.

I really like the episode "Waltz" in Season 6. There one where Sisko and Dukat get trapped on a planet together. The way it shows just how far off the deep end Dukat has become at that point was really powerful. And it fully cements him as a villain.

Also, how could anyone not like "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang". :awesome:

[YT]Y-QBe9pPdkM[/YT]

Last edited:

One of the best episodes of any Star Trek show anywhere. And possibly one of the best television episodes of any science fiction show, anywhere.

I really like the episode "Waltz" in Season 6. There one where Sisko and Dukat get trapped on a planet together. The way it shows just how far off the deep end Dukat has become at that point was really powerful. And it fully cements him as a villain.

Also, how could anyone not like "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang". :awesome:

[YT]Y-QBe9pPdkM[/YT]

That was great too, but so was "His Way" where Vic helped Odo to confess his feelings to Kira, and "It's Only A Paper Moon" where Nog was hiding out in the holodeck with Vic Fontaine unable to cope with life after his leg got blown off.

I just started watching this whole show all over again. I had to force myself to watch 'Move Along Home' probably the one episode I hate the most. It makes me so glad the only hated episodes by me happens so early in the show.

Things didn't really get going until the end of the second season, but after that, it ranks among Farscape and Battlestar Galactica as my favorite SF TV series of all time.

I think you could say that for the majority of ST shows (TNG, DS9, & VOY).

The last 6 episodes of the series with that Dominion War story arch building towards the finale were brilliantly scripted.

I was slightly disappointed with the finale, and feel like the Dominion War kind of... just ended. Probably due to budget restrictions though. I don't get why so many people trash season 7 of DS9.

My girlfriend and I just started watching this on Netflix last night. I really like Sisko as a character. It's too bad Worf doesn't show up for a while though.

Yeah I think he shows up in Season 4. Great addition to the series.

The show gets a-MAY-zing. When I first watched it on DVD (hadn't seen it live) I wasn't sold until season 3 that the show is great. Season 4 that the show may beat TNG. Season 6 is when I realized it was my favorite show of all time. Season 7 I cried.

Agreed.

Now do you mean you cried for Season 7 because of how Amazing it was... or do you dislike it? I hear so many complaints from Star Trek fans about Season 7.

I just started watching this whole show all over again. I had to force myself to watch 'Move Along Home' probably the one episode I hate the most. It makes me so glad the only hated episodes by me happens so early in the show.
Really? I LOVE that episode. One of my season 1 favorites.

I really didn't like the final fate of sIsko.But I am defently one of top fans of DS9.

By begining of season 4 It was best Trek and scifi.The end of season 2 through end of season 3 are great setup for rest of series.

It was first trek to be somewhat serialed.The set up for domonion war beguin from end of season 2.It was first Trek to really have on going plots.And had recurring characters
almost as Important as regurlar characters.I liked the mirror Mirror sequels especilly Kira as Intendent.I really didn't like a lot of ferengi characters.Those episodes were never my favorate.But I liked garek.And Dukat was great nemesis for Sisko.

I liked Sisko's fate in DS9. Just think that there is still SO MUCH MORE to tell after the finale, that it feels... like a tease. He is one of the prophets now, but now what? What about his wife, and Jake? His newborn baby? What is he going to do?

From what I understand, there is a series of books that sort of became the unofficial Season 8 of DS9.

I would pay good money for a DS9 box set with seasons 1-2 combined into a single season, with all the sucky episodes cherry picked out as if they never existed.

I don't know why "Move Along Home" is getting hate.

I liked Move Along Home, and found it vaguely reminsicent of some original series episodes like the Gamesters of Triskelion.

Anyone remember the Jem Hadar episode (I think in Season 2) where at the time, you had no idea how big a plotline this was going to be?

I also thought the episode where Bashir was interrogated (I think it was by Section 31 and William Sloane) and all these conspiracy theories were woven which tied together seemingly unrelated plotlines throughout the series in a clever fashion and made even Bashir begin to question things.

I think it was the Season 2 finale with the Jam Hadar, where you meet the Vorta who says "Do you even know what has been started here?" and then the seed for the Dominion War has been planted.

DS9 overtook TNG as my favorite Trek series with the Dominion War. It's the only Trek show that feels like a complete journey for me. It comes full circle, even if it left Sisko's fate a mystery and never admitted Bajor into the Federation (something they probably should've done).

But other than that, I loved the character work, the Dominion, and so much of the other stuff they added to the Trek universe.

I think I love the characters in DS9 more than any character in any other Trek show. Don't get me wrong, I love the whole casts of TOS and TNG (and maybe just the EMH from Voyager), but DS9's crew is just magnificent. They're a little more "real" than the characters that came before them. Roddenberry, good as he was, wanted to create idealized people. The writers who ran DS9 weren't shooting for that ideal, and I think it worked in their favor.

Plus by the time DS9 got into full swing, they learned from some of the things they'd attempted in the past. For example, I think Jake Sisko was better realized than Wesley Crusher. Jake's relationship with his dad was much better explored than Wesley's with his mom, plus Jake really felt like a kid growing up (with Nog by his side) rather than another member of the crew who happens to be younger than everyone else.

Anyone remember the quite clever way they worked in Nana Visitor's pregnancy into the show? That kind of thing would only work on Star Trek since Bashir literally transported the baby from Keiko's womb into Kira's.

ds9 is my favorite star trek series. i loved the space station, and how they flushed out the cardassians. the obsidian order, the dominion, the changlings, so many great characters. also brought back some old school klingons.

i always thought ds9 had the best actors of all the star treks. i still watch ds9 almost every couple years. it still holds up.

no matter who your favorite captain is, sisko is the only one doing it as a single parent, he had more to live for, and more to lose than any other captain. not to mention they start the series with him losing his wife. he starts the series as a widower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"