The Official Star Trek: Deep Spae Nine Thread

Ds9 is by far my favorite of the trek shows with voyager close second. Although i wasnt a big fan of avery as captain he grew on me. I have the whole series and im constantly still rewatching them. Just waiting for the day they come out on bluray.

DS9 was a great show and in my opinion, Benjamin Sisko is second only to James T. Kirk as far as far as Starfleet Captains go. Also Jadzia Dax, Ezri Dax, and Kira Nerys were all really hot.

Such an amazing show. Great characters that have arcs, awesome villains, ahead of its time universe-building, interesting directions that the larger overall fiction takes. It was the last time I was amazed at Star Trek. Voyager was good, but I wasn't amazed. And then Enterprise and particularly the new movie killed my Star Trek enthusiasm off. Bummer.

I'm at Trials and Tribble-ations.
Great fun!

About to watch 'What You Leave Behind'
I can't believe I have managed to get through almost the entire series so quickly.

Been rewatching a lot of season 6 and 7 its definetely some of the best writing on television. Really hope they release ds9 on bluray soon.

All finished and love the show. Voyager next!

DS9 is one of the only shows to make me cry at the end. Bashir and O'Brien :csad:
My favorite show of all time I think.

Its funny the last episode when they showed the retrospective on the characters they didnt show one clip of jadzia i guess the producers where still peeved she decided to leave. I heard in an interview later on they regretted that.

Oh yeah...I forgot about the end. I can't watch it again, not unless I watch the entire series. I rewatch all the last episodes too...just..not that one.

Anyone watch Game Of Thrones? If so, does Varys remind anyone of Garak?

I have been doing rewatch of DS9 and still great.It remains my favorate trek spinoff.I am
in minority but I prefer it over the NG.The original remains my favorate.

Deep Space 9 is the best Imo. Really takes off after season 3, but season 1 and 2 are still solid imo. TNG and Voyager had some really rough episodes their first 2 seasons

I remember one of my friends criticized Avery Brooks' acting in the DS9 pilot. I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Well I have in my DS9 rewatch beguin the final 9 episode arc.

It reminds how good a show DS9 and I can remember during the 1990's being glued to watch It late night on sundays.

The show aired just after I was born, so of course I never really watched it lol. But I got into it a few years ago, and fell in love with it. Not as iconic as TOS or TNG, but its superior in many ways. I love the characters, the story arcs, and so on. I don't get the hate from Star Trek fans, and I think its much better than Babylon 5.

It's my second favorate Trek show after the original.

Not all Trek fans hate It.It's been treated as bastard step child.

Shame the studio never promated it like Voyager.

A shame when doing Insurrection and Nemesis they mostly ignored DS9's fine work besides a few throwaway lines.

I think the writers were ballsy to mention "The Dominion War" in Insurrection. We have the federation flagship dealing with the Baku instead of fighting in one of the biggest wars in the galaxy.

Why didn't they try to do something epic and do a more universal Star Trek movie? Cross over the TNG and DS9 crew fighting the Dominion on the big screen. The missed opportunities... :(

I think it may have had something to do with the budget though. Either way, anything else would have been better than Insurrection.

The dominion war was also mention in nemesis they referred to the remuns as being front line soldiers against the jemhadar. The dominion war was also mentioned in voyager although briefly. When the maqui got wiped out the news hit belana hard. I agree insurrection was bad it honestly could have been just another regular episode not a movie.

Been getting back into DS9 lately, and man, what a fantastic show.

Basically, when Worf entered the show in season 4, he propelled it to TNG levels. He really was the missing piece to the show, it started becoming hella awesome.

Terry Farrell......dear christ she is ****ing gorgeous. Tied with Marina Sirstis as the hottest Star Trek babe of all time. Jadzia and Worf were amazing together. Show completely lost me when they killed off Jadzia and added that other girl, then she started sleeping around the ship with Bashir oh hell no that sucked. Seasons 4-6 was the prime. Sisko's second officer was hot too, tough character, but ultimately annoying tho.

Sisko himself was good. As a African American I was proud of him. I also loved seeing O'Brien there carried over from TNG, he was a cool character but the real character was his wife. Kieko was a fine piece of shut yo mouth, yummy. She also was a good character and actress in and of herself as demonstrated in the episode where she was possessed. She deserved more screen time.

I think Seasons 1-3 were good, but the show really got GOOD with season 4. The best seasons overall were seasons 3-6 IMO, though I still enjoy select episodes from the rest.

I tried to get my friend into DS9 (who likes TOS/TNG), but said he hated the DS9 pilot because of how bad Avery Brooks' acting was. Honestly, what was wrong with his acting?

I agree it was best 3-6, 4-6 to be specific and 7's last 10 episodes were some of the best of the entire series though. Damar's resistance was a great arc, bringing Cardassia full circle.

About Avery Brooks, he sometimes gets yelpy but his acting isn't horrible. Show your friend Duet or something with Garak.

I agree it was best 3-6, 4-6 to be specific and 7's last 10 episodes were some of the best of the entire series though. Damar's resistance was a great arc, bringing Cardassia full circle.

About Avery Brooks, he sometimes gets yelpy but his acting isn't horrible. Show your friend Duet or something with Garak.

In the Pale Moonlight.

I would say that it took 2 seasons for the show to really grow on me, and the third season is where I knew I was a fan. Though the show really excelled with the fourth season, and the Dominion War was finally getting more attention.

I still enjoy season 7, and think its better than Season 1-2, but there were a few things that irked me. The last 10 episodes or so were fantastic. My issue with it was that the finale was somewhat underwhelming. It feels like the Dominion War just ended out of nowhere, and there were so many things that deserved more attention, yet they spent time with the crew listening to a Holosuite program sing to them.

I think his acting is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"