The Official Superman Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get a copy of Superman (vol. 2) #1 in good condition on eBay for less than $2. I personally bought it for $2 at a comic book trade show.
so, what was the big difference on this volumn #2 issue?

I'll be coming back for more supergirl.

Supergirl was good. Glad they dont have her knowing or understanding english upon arrival. Wouldnt have minded some flashbacks.

In fact, of the 4 books I bought today, Supergirl is the only one that stuck with me. Wonder Woman, Batman, and NIghtwing were all good. I just ended up not caring about were it was heading.

so, what was the big difference on this volumn #2 issue?

The point we're making is that these #1s aren't going to go up in value. The only Superman #1 that is going to be valuable is Superman (vol. 1) #1. Superman (vol. 3) #1 is going to remain at the $3 value point unless it becomes some absurdly highly acclaimed run in which case it'll probably be worth $10 at most twenty years down the line.

I really enjoyed Supergirl #1. It was a very quick read, but I'm sort of getting used to that, as a lot of the #1s (the superhero titles, at least) seem to be going for new readers and keeping the pages nice and clean, letting the art tell the story. It's cool though, because I really enjoyed the art here, and am very excited as to where the story is going.

Is Supergirl still as Karadorable as she was before the relaunch

A tiny bit. But it is hard to be karadorable when you wake up after a 20+year sleep and you already have guys in big machines attacking you.

What about the Superman's apparences in the DCNU ?

- Justice League #1
- The Swamp Thing #1
- Supergirl #1

Superman has appeared in these 3 comics so far. I don't if he did in others #1.

I think he was in Sgt Rock and the Men of War.

I don't think that was him Nubs.

The next time you'll see him is in Justice League Dark #1 and Superman #1

Except it's not Superman #1.

It's Superman #1, volume 3.

This is the third Superman #1. Do you know how much the second one is worth which was all the way back in the 80's? 4 bucks.

So, in 40 years, how much do you suppose Superman volume 3 #1 is gonna be worth? That's right. 4 f**king bucks.

Possibly less than that because I don't think they printed anywhere near as many copies of that as they will for these. Because of people like yourself, who don't know any better.

Why is the variant more expensive then?

And why is it going for about £15 most of the time on ebay? (think mine cost me about £11).

Meh, I don't care anyway. The 'worth money' thing is always a sort of after thought. I'd never sell it anyway. I'll never sell anything Superman that I own! :p

That is what is known as price gouging. You take a comic, or toy, or whatever when it first comes out, put it on ebay for waaaay more than it's worth, and idiots who don't know any better will pay for it because they're idiots. Hey, you want the picture?

Boom

act01_cvr1-edit.jpg

Right click, save. Print it if you like. You know how much that cost? Free.99. :o

Same thing happened when Captain America "died". People bought the crap outta Cap #25. Then you had people buy copies and sell em on ebay for like 20 and 30 dollars.

Last edited:
I'm getting them all. Being hopefully optimistic. Most of it seems pretty good. I'm a huge Superman fan, but I'm sorry to say I hate the redesign.:down:supes:

That is what is known as price gouging. You take a comic, or toy, or whatever when it first comes out, put it on ebay for waaaay more than it's worth, and idiots who don't know any better will pay for it because they're idiots. Hey, you want the picture?

Boom

act01_cvr1-edit.jpg

Right click, save. Print it if you like. You know how much that cost? Free.99. :o

Same thing happened when Captain America "died". People bought the crap outta Cap #25. Then you had people buy copies and sell em on ebay for like 20 and 30 dollars.

I bought that for less than 2.99. :o

At my shop I usually find many variants mixed in with the regular books. When the hardcover/trade comes out it will be free in the back along with the rest of the variants. So what did we learn? You don't need the glow-in-the-dark, 3-D, badazz pose cover.

Last edited:
I'm hoping artists will get tired of drawing seams everywhere and clean up that design in another year or two. It's actually not bad except for the boots and the armor-seams.

Its definitely one of those costumes that looks good when certain artists draw it. Jim Lee makes it look nice. The way he looked in Swamp Thing however was HORRENDOUS. I mean it was just plain ugly looking. Perez's version is...eh...The costume needs work, it needs to be much simpler.

I.E. It needs to lose the f***ing seams. All of them, with maybe the exception of the Flash's, do. Manapul's struck on an interesting design choice by having the Flash's seams shoot lightning when he's running. The rest of them just look ugly. Wonder Woman's little seams that form stars on her torso look ugly. Superman's seams zigzagging all over his costume look ugly. Batman's... well, Batman's I guess I could take or leave, since every other medium he's in has him in a similarly seamed-up costume. But Green Lantern's seams that make it look like his classic costume spontaneously grew shoulder pads look ugly too. The seams are ugly. F*** seams, I say. F*** 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"