The Official Superman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eros said:
Oh man im really really really really really sorry, its just your avatar had these pictures of beautiful woman, so i just came to the conclusion your may be a female.

More like I adore the woman in the avatar. :O

CConn said:
Oh ****...he was.

And actually, after losing the presidency, the first thing Luthor did was go into hiding and try to activate Conner's mind control program to, guess what, wreck random havoc.

So Phere was completely wrong. :huh: His heart was in the right place, though. :yay:

Not completely.

EDIT: The havoc wasnt random, he was targeting the superheroes. So in essence, it was a brillaint fail safe program coducted by Luthor to hurt his enemies physically and pyschologically.

The Question said:
That's bull****. Lex loves Metropolis. He loves humanity. He wouldn't destroy the one thing he loves more than anything else just because he was arrested for all of the crimes he commited trying to protect it in his own way.

but his own way is the wrong way :super:

The Question said:
That's bull****. Lex loves Metropolis. He loves humanity. He wouldn't destroy the one thing he loves more than anything else just because he was arrested for all of the crimes he commited trying to protect it in his own way.
Action Comics #700. The Fall of Metropolis. What did Lex do? HE BLEW UP A GOOD CHUNK of METROPOLIS.

question is a fanboy, he always thinks he's right, and he is, in his own way ;)

Green Lantern said:
Action Comics #700. The Fall of Metropolis. What did Lex do? HE BLEW UP A GOOD CHUNK of METROPOLIS.

Oh. Damn, you have a point.

Green Lantern said:

yeah, i always thought he only "Cared" for metropolis because he thought he could control it

Green Lantern said:
To be honest it was almost like Up,Up, and Away because after that he blamed it all on his clone as well.

twylight said:
Superman
Superdog
Supergirl
Superkid

It's all falling into place...

Oh SNAP! Superboy? :csad:
LOL
I'm also laughing at your current Sig,....

"Eyes up here"

The ONLY reason the Character has that prob is because she's the ONLY one that shows that much boobage.

Varient said:
LOL
I'm also laughing at your current Sig,....

"Eyes up here"

The ONLY reason the Character has that prob is because she's the ONLY one that shows that much boobage.

Or has that much boobage to show off. If she didn't have the cape, I'd think she belonged with the now defunct Chaos! comics.

The boobs are to distract you from the continuity issues.

I just now started reading Action, so I'm on board for this.

I am not a Donner fan, but it could be good. You know its all Johns writing and Donner sitting there though. Art looks great.

Have you read the interview from Wizard? They both spoke about it and really i think it's going to be great. Especially want Donner said. I'm really liking that it will cross from Superman: The movie to Superman Returns. Meaning elements from the movies to the comic.

which may or may not be a good thing...

Superman \S/ said:
Have you read the interview from Wizard? They both spoke about it and really i think it's going to be great. Especially want Donner said. I'm really liking that it will cross from Superman: The movie to Superman Returns. Meaning elements from the movies to the comic.

Comics. Movies. Comics. Movies. Comics. Movies. Comics. Movies.

For th love of God. Keep them separate.

What works in the movies, doesnt necessarily work in the comics, and vice versa. Please God.

Well too bad I dont think like you.:(

I'm looking forward to this yes, but stuff in movies dont work in comics.

EDIT-I just repeated Darth.:(

Darthphere said:
Comics. Movies. Comics. Movies. Comics. Movies. Comics. Movies.

For th love of God. Keep them separate.

What works in the movies, doesnt necessarily work in the comics, and vice versa. Please God.

Hey man, we'll never know until we read the comic.

I dont. Theres a reason they exists as separate mediums. Just ebcause some old ass director never got the chance to do his movies doesnt mean he has the right to invade the comic book medium to fulfill what in essence is a vanity project for him.

PWN3R RANGER said:
Well too bad I dont think like you.:(

I'm looking forward to this yes, but stuff in movies dont work in comics.

EDIT-I just repeated Darth.:(

:(

All i said was what Donner and Johns will bring to the comic. And as i said to Darth, we'll never know until it's out and we read it.

Seriously, has Donner done comic work before? Superman movie's for me made the character uber lame.

Then when I started reading DC, I realized he was WAY different.

Movies and Comics are cool, but they need to stay on different levels. Just like the upcoming Captain America movie, I really dont see how Cap's suit will work in a movie.....it cant.:(

The Batman said:
yeah, i always thought he only "Cared" for metropolis because he thought he could control it

My thoughts exactly.

PWN3R RANGER said:
Seriously, has Donner done comic work before? Superman movie's for me made the character uber lame.

Then when I started reading DC, I realized he was WAY different.

Movies and Comics are cool, but they need to stay on different levels. Just like the upcoming Captain America movie, I really dont see how Cap's suit will work in a movie.....it cant.:(

No he hasnt. While I dont have a complete lack of faith, it just seems theyre going in a direction where the character will enter that zone where people think hes cheesy.

Darthphere said:
I dont. Theres a reason they exists as separate mediums. Just ebcause some old ass director never got the chance to do his movies doesnt mean he has the right to invade the comic book medium to fulfill what in essence is a vanity project for him.

Those aren't his intentions. Just because he didn't do something in his movies is because he wants to do them in the comics? No, all he said was he liked what he had done in his movies and that we kind of kget the feeling of it. Meaning how Clark feels when he's around Lois and what will occur with him and Lex.

Art looks great though. And whats this about the kid? He is in the comics now too?

:(

The kid isn't his so I doubt he's a permanent fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"