The Official Superman Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PWN3R RANGER said:
Seriously, has Donner done comic work before? Superman movie's for me made the character uber lame.

Then when I started reading DC, I realized he was WAY different.

Movies and Comics are cool, but they need to stay on different levels. Just like the upcoming Captain America movie, I really dont see how Cap's suit will work in a movie.....it cant.:(

It's not like Donner and Johns teamed up and immediately started the plans for stories. Donner said he knew Johns for a long time and when the idea came of teaming up, he first thought out what he wanted to do and have Johns help him. Then he agreed and that's what we have now.

So what was that whole thing last week "No secrets revealed here" with some kid holding up a car?

PWN3R RANGER said:
Art looks great though. And whats this about the kid? He is in the comics now too?

:(

I don't think the kid is his. Though, there is speculation that since Supes lost his powers for one year, him and Lois could have had sex therefore having the thought that they might have a child.

PWN3R RANGER said:
So what was that whole thing last week "No secrets revealed here" with some kid holding up a car?

It could just be a kid with some sort of super powers. I don't think it is Supes' kid cause wouldn't he be younger?

Superman \S/ said:
It could just be a kid with some sort of super powers. I don't think it is Supes' kid cause wouldn't he be younger?

Maybe Superboy's punch affected his growth?:huh:

Also, Johns, the Silver Age is over, lets start the grieving process.

PWN3R RANGER said:

I think I missed that. I thought they said a mysterious kid came to Earth from outer space. So unless Superman took Lois on a special trip...

Darthphere said:

Nothing wrong with bringing in some old school elements.

Sage, the "no secrets revealed here" was on the back of all DC comics, you know Dan's little section.

PWN3R RANGER said:
Maybe Superboy's punch affected his growth?:huh:

LOL! That was clever. :woot:

The Sage said:
I think I missed that. I thought they said a mysterious kid came to Earth from outer space. So unless Superman took Lois on a special trip...

No, that's not the case at all. When Lois and Clark do have a kid, i think it'll be a way that makes sense. The kid we saw in the preivew page i don't think has anything to do with Supes.

PWN3R RANGER said:
Sage, the "no secrets revealed here" was on the back of all DC comics, you know Dan's little section.

Oh ok. I'll go back and look at that section.

Yeah I just saw the kid and it reminded me of SR. I dont know if it had anything to do with Supes or not.

Superman \S/ said:
I don't think the kid is his. Though, there is speculation that since Supes lost his powers for one year, him and Lois could have had sex therefore having the thought that they might have a child.

They have had sex in the comics before so what would that have anything to do with it. They had sex in For Tom. and that was apparentlyt not the first time. So it is very possible that it isnt supes kid and its just another Meta- Human. If it was supes kid a bit more hype would be around the story if you ask me.

Hush said:
They have had sex in the comics before so what would that have anything to do with it. They had sex in For Tom. and that was apparentlyt not the first time. So it is very possible that it isnt supes kid and its just another Meta- Human. If it was supes kid a bit more hype would be around the story if you ask me.

Yes, but i don't think they're putting that into focus. I think thty're going to use what happened in OYL and transfer that into the stories for Action Comics.

Here's what someone asked Busiek and his response was:

Q: Superman was without powers for a year, Clark and Lois are married…is a return of the Superman family forthcoming?

Busiek: Keep reading Action Comics.

I still don't understand how Clark losing his powers can have any effect on whether or not he and Lois can have a kid. I mean, not having his powers for a year doesn't mean anything, but everyone keeps bringing it up as if we're all supposed to think that it was the writers' one true opportunity to make Lois get pregnant. :confused:

So Johns and Donner think that Clark automatically became a human over the course of that year? It's not as if losing his powers makes him any less of a kryptonian. Not having his powers doesn't mean that he and Lois are suddenly genetically compatible, not that they weren't to begin with. Losing his powers made no difference in terms of whether he can or can't impregnate Lois.

Darthphere said:

Thank you because they need to not do what they have done in the superman movies. This is a bad idea, funny somehow Zod comes back though they seem to ignore all the other supes villains.

My thing with Superman having a child is it needs to be his and not some kid sent to Earth. Thats what gets me if they want to give Superman a child fine but to give him a child thats not his is wrong IMO. I mean we already see how he treats people of his own blood (Superboy:cmad:). Plus Lois wants a child of her own so why give them another persons child unless during 52 she finds out she cant have kids.

I heard, from Superman CINEMA, that "Last Son" is based on Richard Donner's ideas when he was thinking of a Superman III while he was making Superman I & II. So, if I can make a guess, I would think those ideas were used for Superman Returns too.

So, "Last Son" is like Donner's Superman III (same would go for Superman Returns) but in the current comic book continunity.

Now, I'm wondering if thats the case, if that would mean Lois will still know at the end of Donner's Superman II.

Binker said:
I heard, from Superman CINEMA, that "Last Son" is based on Richard Donner's ideas when he was thinking of a Superman III while he was making Superman I & II. So, if I can make a guess, I would think those ideas were used for Superman Returns too.

So, "Last Son" is like Donner's Superman III (same would go for Superman Returns) but in the current comic book continunity.

Now, I'm wondering if thats the case, if that would mean Lois will still know at the end of Donner's Superman II.

i believe they are referring to the brainiac story that is coming up, not the story about the kid from krypton

Yeah instead of a Super Computer Superman fought in Superman III it was suppose to be Brainiac with out the silly story line as well but when he was moved from the project they went with what we have now. That and they couldn't get the rights to Brainiac.

Well it looks like the Superman Returns outfit is now the outfit for the comics:whatever: :o

AC849_solicit.jpg

So what if he has an S buckle. The guy can do anything, I'm pretty sure it's reasonable that he could use his x-ray vision to make himself an S buckle. Superman's always been well-dressed in the ol' Red & Blue, he's fashion-forward.:o

What I'm concerned about is the funky coloring; hopefully it's a bad scan or something, because that weird magenta is a terrible substitute for red.:o

All-Star Superman said:
Well it looks like the Superman Returns outfit is now the outfit for the comics:whatever: :o

By "comics" you mean the Action Comics run which is promicing to be crap.

It's not anywhere else most of all not in Superman.

I'm hoping Donner will bring the sense of awe and magic he brought to the superman films. I'm hoping their run is very cinematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"