The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!! - Part 1

I think we'll need this thread very soon :)

It all starts with a lens...

FV8Ru3K.png

What do you think?

It's just bizarre how even the fabric material itself with the faint boxing is pretty much exactly the same as the raimi one.

I wonder why they didn't just adapt the new design to the same material they used in TASM?

Wasn't Garfield allergic to the TAS suit?

since we pretty much have Spidey's suit confirmed, all we have to wait for is Electro's suit.

It's just bizarre how even the fabric material itself with the faint boxing is pretty much exactly the same as the raimi one.

I wonder why they didn't just adapt the new design to the same material they used in TASM?

That material didn't look too good in the daylight. The webs looked like they were silver, and it was too reflective, it drowned out it's color. The new suit still has the exact same material as the other suit in the blue sectoins. The red is as vibrant as TASM's, but not anywhere near as reflective, so it'll absorb light, rather then reflect it.

One step forward, two steps back. That's my opinion of the "new" suit. I would've preferred the texture of TASM's suit instead.

Raimi's choice of eye shape always bugged me. Personally I'm sound as a pound that the suit is one step closer to the comics, regardless that most of it is recycled from the Maguire era.

TASMannual038001.jpg

7mDcV3O.jpg

The suit's color scheme and spider logos look exactly like the ones in TASM. Will people shut the **** up now about the suit ONLY being inspired by Raimi's design?

This cements it for me. I don't care what the girls say.......there IS such a thing as "too big"! :oldrazz:

Foreal though...too cartoony. Tickle me disappointed.
You can't judge this suit without CGI touch ups.

Like that the spider logos are the same. Slightly disappointed that the gloves are more traditional, really liked the TASM glove design.

I agree the eye lenses are a bit to big (cartoony). The boots look weird too. I do like the rest though.

So who got those costume set leak pictures?

My guess is Sony mandated something that looked similar to the imagery of the Raimi trilogy because of how Amazing Spider-Man performed.

These pics, are they for real??? As in, taken from the set of TASM2???

I keep seeing people complain about the front spider logo being short, did they just miss that picture on set of the front of the suit and the black spider clearly having elongated legs like TASM suit?

So who got those costume set leak pictures?

My guess is Sony mandated something that looked similar to the imagery of the Raimi trilogy because of how Amazing Spider-Man performed.

Amazing performed well. Well enough to continue on with this creative team and story. If anything it may have suffered from Spider-Man 3 Sucked Syndrome.

You can't judge this suit without CGI touch ups.

Yeah they aren't gong to do much to the eyes honestly. I think they will look different but on in color correction. Don't think they add going to go frame by frame and replace the eyes.

Also as to being Raimi inspired. Yes the logos are different but the texture and raised webbing is all from the Raimi suit. But I don't think that matters. You don't change perfection.

I think the reason for the change was a few things.

*They already got the research from the Raimi suit. They don't need to spend too much dough to design a suit for Garfield.
*Webb may have preferred what Raimi's suit looked like on screen. Hell maybe his plan was always this. Rough suit first and then the proper suit next.
*TASM suit seemed to need some help in filming. They painted the groin black. Maybe it was only working in a night scene. The yellow lenses weren't showing. The stripes on the legs weren't working.

Also as for those eyes. Garfield likes to move his head a lot. I think those eyes work better for Mr. bobble head.

Last edited:
We really shouldn't spend the next year *****ing over the new suit. People wanted bigger eyes. They got it. It looks cool. The suit looks cool. And wait until it's seen within the movie/trailers it self, before committing suicide why don't ya...

What's important with ASM2 is the story, and the way it will be executed. It's gotta do something entirely new and creative with spiderman on film. And they have that opportunity now that the origin is out of the way.

ASM was a solid enough start. I won't say that it's better then Raimi's Spiderman 2, but it won me over because of the cast, and the human elements going on within it. Things that Raimi never ever tapped in to. It had so many emotional moments that choked me up. They should keep working on that in the next film, but they NEED to expand it with much greater story and much more dramatic things going on. Kinda like the comparison between X-Men and X2. I think that's a good way to put it.

We really shouldn't spend the next year *****ing over the new suit. People wanted bigger eyes. They got it. It looks cool. The suit looks cool. And wait until it's seen within the movie/trailers it self, before committing suicide why don't ya...

What's important with ASM2 is the story, and the way it will be executed. It's gotta do something entirely new and creative with spiderman on film. And they have that opportunity now that the origin is out of the way.

ASM was a solid enough start. I won't say that it's better then Raimi's Spiderman 2, but it won me over because of the cast, and the human elements going on within it. Things that Raimi never ever tapped in to. It had so many emotional moments that choked me up. They should keep working on that in the next film, but they NEED to expand it with much greater story and much more dramatic things going on. Kinda like the comparison between X-Men and X2. I think that's a good way to put it.
not sure if srs...and you mentioned spider-man 2...hmmm.

spider-man 2 was a much better film than ASM was. i'm hoping the sequel improves. the suit is a huge step in the right direction, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"