The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man Reboot Costume - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That new official picture does look rather nice... conveniently hiding the black crotch and the silvery shoes. What's up with the black crotch anyway?

I'm loving the new pic, I'm hoping this new film does just as good as the previous.

spidermanfirstnewlooksmall.jpg

Suit looks terrible. Just what I thought, the only thing that changed was the....dun dun dunnnn...lighting. The colors are really good and I like the blue texture. The web patter resembles a spider's web as much as a basketball does...in fact he looks more like a professional NBA mascot. Ladies and gentlemen, the New York Webbs. Those boots are probably the dumbest things that I have ever seen on a costume. Yellow eyes? Okay???

Why not just use black webs and that blue fabric to redo the Raimi suit instead of making this piece of crap? This is the Green Goblin all over again. The suit has a massive amount of stupid, aesthetic changes that make zero sense. The only way I will accept this suit is if it makes sense story wise but I really doubt that will happen. What excuse is there going to be for the basketball texture? Peter loves basketball? Ugh it looks like crap. This looks like another one of those lame comic attempts to rebrand Spider-Man into something totally hip and cool.:dry:

Eh...not gonna hate the movie but ugh...I hate that costume.

Suit looks terrible. Just what I thought, the only thing that changed was the....dun dun dunnnn...lighting. The colors are really good and I like the blue texture. The web patter resembles a spider's web as much as a basketball does...in fact he looks more like a professional NBA mascot. Ladies and gentlemen, the New York Webbs. Those boots are probably the dumbest things that I have ever seen on a costume. Yellow eyes? Okay???

Why not just use black webs and that blue fabric to redo the Raimi suit instead of making this piece of crap? This is the Green Goblin all over again. The suit has a massive amount of stupid, aesthetic changes that make zero sense. The only way I will accept this suit is if it makes sense story wise but I really doubt that will happen. What excuse is there going to be for the basketball texture? Peter loves basketball? Ugh it looks like crap. This looks like another one of those lame comic attempts to rebrand Spider-Man into something totally hip and cool.:dry:

you're entitled to your opinion but I think the suit looks freaking amazing. I was on the fence and was scared a while when I saw the frankly dreadful set photos but the official picture today has blown me away. I couldn't be happier with the suit.

Wuttabout TEH BALCK CROTCH?! Maybe it's Venom...

Does he have the metal things on his feet in this shot??,On the back of his left foot you could kinda see a bit of silver or metal!

It's hilarious that raised webbing now is something soooo tiny, so inconsequential, that if this was released 10 years ago then everyone on here would be nit picking. I think most of this acceptance is just because of wanting change....kinda like the 2008 presidential elections.

I'm loving the pee colored lenses and the Spalding basketball design and the black crotch and the black horizontal lines all over the blue area. Yeah! I can't wait to rent this on Netflix! :woot:

Last edited:
I do want to see the cosutme in the daytime though. there have been two official pictures that (imho) have looked awesome but both are set at night, look does the costume look like in bright light. that said, it's possible spidey will only appear at night so what the costume looks like in daylight may be irrelavent.

I'm loving the pee colored lenses and the Spalding basketball design and the black crotch the black horizontal lines all over the blue area. Yeah I can't wait to rent this on Netflix! :woot:

Your skipping this at the movies over the costume!?

Suit looks fantastic! Im actually excited for a Spidey film again!

I like the yellow lenses, they remind me of The Spectacular Spider-Man's slight-yellow lenses. :word:

Pose is great. Fabric colors are great. Texture is great.

Everything else is crap.

Sorry.

I think I may be warming up to the new suit. I love the eyes, the eyes make it for me. haha, chaseter whine trap

what I don't understand is on the set photos the costume has no webs but black webs appear on the official pics. I can see them correcting colour in post but I can't see them adding black webs in post.

I think I may be warming up to the new suit. I love the eyes, the eyes make it for me. haha, chaseter whine trap

what I like most about the picture is the pose.

While I'm probably not as vehement about the costume as you, I definitely agree. I like the colors and the texture, as well, and actually, I think the mask is the best part of the suit--because that's only thing that still resembles the original Spider-Man costume. After all, it's not like the half-belt, the striping down his legs, the silvers-spur looking things on his boots, and the black crotch-piece are no longer there, even this official picture is doing it's darn-est to hide those features. Just because the suit can made to look "better" in PhotoShop, doesn't necessarily mean this version of the Spidey costume is best one they could have done.

i like it, and i rarely nitpick costumes but i'm not really a fan of his gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back