The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!! - Part 1

Wish they would've kept the brighter blue from the TAS suit. Otherwise, this costume is disgustingly perfect.

Amazing performed well. Well enough to continue on with this creative team and story. If anything it may have suffered from Spider-Man 3 Sucked Syndrome.

Spider-Man 3 still made over $300 million and over $900 million worldwide and that's without 3D.

We really shouldn't spend the next year *****ing over the new suit. People wanted bigger eyes. They got it. It looks cool. The suit looks cool. And wait until it's seen within the movie/trailers it self, before committing suicide why don't ya...

What's important with ASM2 is the story, and the way it will be executed. It's gotta do something entirely new and creative with spiderman on film. And they have that opportunity now that the origin is out of the way.

ASM was a solid enough start. I won't say that it's better then Raimi's Spiderman 2, but it won me over because of the cast, and the human elements going on within it. Things that Raimi never ever tapped in to. It had so many emotional moments that choked me up. They should keep working on that in the next film, but they NEED to expand it with much greater story and much more dramatic things going on. Kinda like the comparison between X-Men and X2. I think that's a good way to put it.

Agree totally with your first two paragraphs. Give me a good story first and foremost. Give me drama, humor, humanity, heroism, and spectacle. If we get that, and I certainly think there's the potential, then I'm happy as a pig in mud, regardless of the costume.

However, I am very excited to see how the costume looks on film and in motion. I've wanted the bigger eyes for a while, so to me these look suhweeeet! :awesome:

Spider-Man 3 still made over $300 million and over $900 million worldwide and that's without 3D.

Because it had built a huge audience by that point, doesn't mean it was a great movie.

I doubt people are going to *****. I didn't like the TASM suit when I saw it, but it looked great on film. I have no doubt this will look great on film, because the Raimi suit looked great.

What I find hilarious is people trying to point out very small details on how this is an evolution from the TASM suit. People, they threw out the TASM design, this has nothing in common with it. They went back to the Raimi style suit, and that's OK, I just think it's disappointing.

I said back when they cast Garfield that I'd hoped they'd go with a more Steve Ditko style Spider-man, because Andrew's physique is exactly like how Ditko drew Peter in the comics. Unfortunately we're not going to get that.

I think it's pretty much an exact replica of the Ultimate costume, including Garfield's physique.

The TASM 2 suit looks like a direct evolution from the Raimi suit. It's the TASM 1 suit that looks like the odd man out there.

I mentioned this before but i'm not totally convinced this isn't actually just the work suit they were going to use for Spider-Man 4 before it's cancelation, that they decided to dust off.

As we've seen in some other pictures, they took some design cues from the first ASM suit. The red parts on the arm are thinner, like from ASM, and the spider on the front is still elongated. So it's not like they've completely tossed that aside. But yes, it does look more similar to Raimi's than anything.

But yes, it does look more similar to Raimi's than anything.

I maintain that's because Raimi closely adhered to Spidey's actual costume design. They aren't copying Raimi so much as copying Spider-Man.

And no I don't count raised webs as a Raimi copy so much as a general "we don't want this to look like a cheesy spandex outfit on film so we better give it some texture" idea.

But they went back to the raised webbing and spider emblem. As well as the scale like print on the red and blue. And the white lenses are back.

I maintain that's because Raimi closely adhered to Spidey's actual costume design. They aren't copying Raimi so much as copying Spider-Man.

Yeah but they've even adopted things raimi put in the costume that the comic spidey costume didn't have.

The raised webbing and symbol and the basic fabric look with that faint brick pattern.

But they went back to the raised webbing and spider emblem. As well as the scale like print on the red and blue. And the white lenses are back.

Raimi didn't have white lenses. The emblem I could give two ****s about, has anyone ever drawn that thing the same?

Last edited:
Exactly. I tried explaining that earlier as well.

As for the little pattern on the fabric people are saying that was copied from Raimi's well TASM suit also has that little brick and mortar grid on it. So where were the complaints then of it copying Raimi?

It simply isn't (at least not completely). Those little brick & mortar patterns are common amongst most fabric based costumes for superheroes in general. Man of Steel has a chainmail one, TDK has a plastic/fabric mesh that emulates chainmail as well and all the Spider-Man movies (including TASM) use the little brick and mortar design. That's such a non issue. It's to give the suit the illusion of more texture. It works well on the screen.

As far as the webbing goes it's black not silver as far as I can tell from the super high definition photo. Plus I'll be honest here and say that they should not be ashamed in the slightest in bringing back elements from arguably the most reverent superhero costume to ever grace the silver screen.

Yeah but they've even adopted things raimi put in the costume that the comic spidey costume didn't have.

The raised webbing and symbol and the basic fabric look with that faint brick pattern.

Like I said, raised webbing was never in the comics because there was no need for it.

regardless, it's doesn't stick out as much nor is it as silvery and it was still present in the ASM suit, just not as pronounced as screenshots will attest. A truly accurate Spider-Man costume ripped straight from the comics would look like a cheesy spandex fest and we'd all be slitting our wrists.

I'm completely certain it's black judging from the set photos. I think most of these people are simply seeing what they want to see just so they can complain some more.

But hey, if for some reason it turns out to be silver in the movie then oh well.

Plus I'll be honest here and say that they should not be ashamed in the slightest in bringing back elements from arguably the most reverent superhero costume to ever grace the silver screen.

Zack Snyder: Superman had a cape in the Donner films, so as not to piss off the internet crowd we'll be leaving that part out. We wouldn't want to be accused of copying, especially after Brian Singer also had a cape in his movie. :o

I'm completely certain it's black judging from the set photos. I think most of these people are simply seeing what they want to see just so they can complain some more.

They'll keep complaining right up until they buy tickets with the rest of us.

Well its definitely an improvement from TASM1 even though its very similar to Raimi's Spider-Man series.

7mDcV3O.jpg

The suit's color scheme and spider logos look exactly like the ones in TASM. Will people shut the **** up now about the suit ONLY being inspired by Raimi's design?

Wow.... k I love this.

Strange... if they were willing to go balls out classic on the suit, I wonder why they didn't just do this in the first movie

I seriously can't wait to see this bad boy swing into action. Spidey's first appearance in this is going to be so spine tingling awesome.

Seeing as Orci and Kurtzman are writing the script too my money is on the opening being pretty darn memorable and most likely action packed with emotional resonance to boot. :up:

I seriously can't wait to see this bad boy swing into action. Spidey's first appearance in this is going to be so spine tingling awesome.

Seeing as Orci and Kurtzman are writing the script too my money is on the opening being pretty darn memorable and most likely action packed with emotional resonance to boot. :up:

I'm with you man. Honestly I'm in shock; I can find no fault with this suit. It's as verbatim comics accurate as I've ever seen.

I imagine Bagley is grinning ear to ear about this baby.

Those eyes are so mesmerizing and on point it's not even funny. I remember seeing the first movie's costume and my least favorite aspect were the eyes (they did look better in the film), and now with this one my favorite aspect IS the eyes. Plus I'm just happy they went back to classic Spidey, and I think still having web shooters, the eyes, and Andrew Garfield's height and build will help me not compare it to Raimi's suit (Which honestly was perfect for me as well, I've always loved the raised webbing. Brings a nice 3 dimensional design to the suit. Plus that suit always lit beautifully on screen so I hope for the same with this one) In much better spirits right now than at the same point before the first one, though the first one being better than I thought i'd be sure helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"