The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man Reboot Costume - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys! I´ve working on my new model of spidey, for the manips thing u know? ;) so, here´s a wip just to chek it out! i think... this controversial suit will look awesome with postproduction and color balance... You will see...
Still a WIP!! my stuff comming soon! peace!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

looks cooler than the real costume

I have seen cooler costumes at Comicon from fans who don't have millions to spend on a suit.

you are completely right!! Daz 3d let me do fast poses and cool preview renders ( like the one i post) like i said, its a WIP, a lot of work to do:, specular, bump, displacement... all the maps, here comes the zbrush and all the render pass for the compositing... this is just work in progress, its not finidhed yet, I posted it because we can take a quick view for the suit, and its look cool I think... :D

It defintely does man and please continue the work. Its looking really freaking amazing. IMO

Do you also happen to use the MakeHuman app by any chance?

:whatever:

Please. Those who were banned were banned for just reasons. Trolling, flaming, and being all around jerks, among other infractions. And yes, you can have a differing view and express it without trolling, which the overwhelming majority of people did. Don't act like some anti-Raimi genocide occurred. People get banned every week and it has never had anything to do with what they thought. Step down from your crucifix.

Typical overgenerelising response. :whatever: It has nothing to do with me presenting myself or others as some sacrificial lamb. What happened happened. From the very start there were individuals who were vocal about their dislike with Raimi's approach to adapting spider-man, this isn't some new wave of 180 degrees thinking. Sure, there are more people who dislike Raimi and his movies now, many of them basing their views on odd and disingenuine reasons but I'm not going to sit by and watch people parade around their lies that the dilike for Raimi's efforts is a recent thing or stems from spider-man 3 because that is absoloute nonsense.

The fact is, when spider-man first dropped, it was a novelty, many of the posters here willingly had their faces firmly implanted and grafted to the butt cracks of Raimi and Sony. It's no surprise when people who disagreed with the majority were met with serious opposition. Sure, you had trolls and people like Mr Parker and Bakerboy upto their antics but there were a few posters who simply had an opinion that didn't gel with everyone else and they just so happened to be vocal about it and were'nt backing down, all the while maintaining a degree of civility.

The fact that the Raimi lovers at the time were so entrenched in their views and couldn't stand a small number of people who disliked the movies pissed them off and thus resorted to school playground tactics, making all sorts of accusations which in turn derailed so many threads, which again resulted in mods getting involved and handing out warnings, bannings and all sorts. Some of the bannings and infractions incurred back then were a joke, that's why so many of the older posters from the 2000 to 2004 era dont post on these boards anymore or have left altogether.

So please spare me your misguided and hypergeneralised notions. I was there right in the middle of it all. I saw and experienced what was going on at the time and the one that still gets me is, that there was one poster in particular, (not going to mention any names) predicted exactly what has happened. He predicted that 3 movies would get made at the most and then they'll get new blood and go with a new direction amongst many other things that have happened amongst many other things. As you can imagine such blasphemy was met with strong hostility and needless to say had the pro Raimi fans running to and bombarding mods with complaints.

Now, the overall situation is quite different. It's actually quite pathetic how things have turned out. I'd have more respect for the majority of posters here had they stuck with their initial conviction as opposed to them now hating Raimi and his movies simply because they didn;t like the last movie.

Hi Guys! I´ve working on my new model of spidey, for the manips thing u know? ;) so, here´s a wip just to chek it out! i think... this controversial suit will look awesome with postproduction and color balance... You will see...

Great job

Wow! O_O can't wait to see the finished work :woot:

Wow! O_O can't wait to see the finished work :woot:

Hey, that's actually very good. You do good work! That brings to mind something I've thought about since the first movie....do they place blacks in for dramatic license the way an artist does on the page. I've always thought that would lend much weight and drama to the figure. Can you add a few to your imges? You know how they always do some....mostly on the blue parts of the torso? But again, good work. What do you use to make those?

Much of the drawings of cg work of the new film's suit looks so much better than what it does in real life. I think the reason for this is the fact that spiderman looks very effeminate in the set pics released. It seem that artists subconsiously draw spider-man with a muscular physique with very degrees of the muscular size. This is not the case with the actor/stuntman. He has very skinny, unshapely legs, a big ass, and an over-all petite feminine physique. The designs of the costume only serves to accentuate it, in my opinion. From the lack of belt to the blue fingertips, this all reads as feminine to me. Of course some may not agree but that is what's so bothersome about the new suit.

Last edited:
Much of the drawings of cg work of the new film's suit looks so much better than what it does in real life. I think the reason for this is the fact that spiderman looks very effeminate in the set pics released. It seem that artists subconsiously draw spider-man with a muscular physique with very degrees of the muscular size. This is not the case with the actor/stuntman. He has very skinny, unshapely legs, a big ass, and an over-all petite feminine physique. The designs of the costume only serves to accentuate it, in my opinion. From the lack of belt to the blue fingertips, this all reads as feminine to me. Of course some may not agree but that is what's so bothersome about the new suit.

*generating response* but for now............:dry:

sounds like you need to take up your issue with the stuntmen's ass.

mmmmmmmk.:dry:

....first, people said the chest area of the suit looks like it's pointing directly towards his crotch, now he has a big ass??? what is going on????:huh: I've been a fan of Spider-Man since I was kid, I liked him because I thought he looked cool and had cool powers, never was I concerned about the size of the man's ass and whether or not this ass could be captured accurately on film. His build was always lean IMO, never once seen him as "feminine looking"

Last edited:
yeah,, i said spiderman's ass should be captured accurately on screen......

not wearing a belt is feminine?

....first, people said the chest area of the suit looks like it's pointing directly towards his crotch, now he has a big ass??? what is going on????:huh: I've been a fan of Spider-Man since I was kid, I liked him because I thought he looked cool and had cool powers, never was I concerned about the size of the man's ass and whether or not this ass could be captured accurately on film. His build was always lean IMO, never once seen him as "feminine looking"

The level of absurdity is insurmountable. People have found ways to complain about things that would of never entered my mind. As a Spider-man fan for twenty years , I've not given any thought about his buttocks until today :csad:

The level of absurdity is insurmountable. People have found ways to complain about things that would of never entered my mind. As a Spider-man fan for twenty years , I've not given any thought about his buttocks until today :csad:

It was not a complaint but a simple observation. You people need to learn to differentiate the two, first of all. Secondly, there is this thing called perspective. This is where opinions come from. From my perspective, Spider-Man reads as effeminate in the stills I have seen. In about three shots where he is on a big rig truck he looks fine, but all the others he looks weak. In some shots Spider-man's legs look as chicken thin as a long distance runner. Again, this is my opinion. As I stated before, most people draw spider-man with well toned muscles - be it lean or bulky. That's why drawings of the suit look stronger than what is actually being worn. And, to me, this is from the actor/stuntman lack of muscle.

Last, I am one of the few people on these forums who don't complain. This is probably my third or fourth post in here. Yes, I said that I did not like the suit but that was pretty much it. In all honesty, I don't give an absolute damn about this film. I do not plan on seeing it in theatres when it comes out. What I am interested in is the production of the movie. I love seeing superhero films come to life on a movie set. Just because I critiqued the suit does not mean I am *****ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"