The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!! - Part 1

I always found most of Romita Jr's work to be a bit too rectangular, but that image is a Spidey classic :up:

Though I think the coloring has a ton to do with that.
I know what you mean. Its weird, I don't like his style for many other comics, but to me, it's perfect for Spidey. That and he draws a hot MJ, haha.

Here ya go. Sorry about the quality - had to use my phone, my scanner is being dumb.

edit - it seems I remembered this slightly differently. I got the last bit mixed up with another JMS issue where Loki appears - Spidey shows him around NYC and there's a funny bit between them sitting on the edge of a building and Spidey is trying to get Loki to eat a hotdog, who is utterly disgusted/confused with the food. Say what you will about JMS's later run on ASM, the dude was a master with the Spidey humor and little scenes like that.

popcorn_1_zpsb6ded970.jpg

popcorn_2_zps29e1d6a5.jpg

And in an effort to keep this on topic, I love JRJR's take on Spider-Man (hell, I love everything about JRJR working on ASM). With his lean frame, and the traditional suit and larger eyes, ASM2 Spidey now looks like he literally stepped out of one of JRJR's illustrations. Compare that last panel of Spidey with any of the set photos we have, and its a great example. I couldn't be happier.

That's an awesome panel and I think one that would imo be easy to translate to film. I'd love to see something like this.

Perhaps another costume change in TASM 3? It's Iron Man-ish and I like the concept.

Lol, I actually dug the Iron Spider suit. One of the few different suits I liked. My ranking:

1) Classic Suit.
2) Ben's Suit.
3) Iron Spider
4) Black Suit

Everything else has been ass, imo.

That's an awesome panel and I think one that would imo be easy to translate to film. I'd love to see something like this.
Have you read any of JMS's run (before The Other/Civil War/OMD crap)? Chock full of that kind of stuff. Really well done.

Another good one:

photo_zpsf9d3b0da.jpg

I love those panels Spider-Who? ! The last one is from a comic I actually have! :) I don't remember which one though.

Lol, I actually dug the Iron Spider suit. One of the few different suits I liked. My ranking:

1) Classic Suit
2) Ben's Suit.
3) Iron Spider
4) Black Suit

Everything else has been ass, imo.
I only like two suits from the comics and rest is ass to me.

Thanks! :)

I honestly feel short moments like those are some of the best Spidey moments in comics! I really hope Webb/Sony feels the same way! That's the kind of humour I'd love in a Spidey film!

We should tweet those panels to Webb. Give him some ideas. :D

Thanks! :)

I honestly feel short moments like those are some of the best Spidey moments in comics! I really hope Webb/Sony feels the same way! That's the kind of humour I'd love in a Spidey film!
Agreed. I'd like to think that since Spidey will be "established" in ASM2, that'll mean they will feel comfortable giving us little moments like that, especially since the populace seems to have accepted him by the end of ASM1.

Have you read any of JMS's run (before The Other/Civil War/OMD crap)? Chock full of that kind of stuff. Really well done.

Another good one:

photo_zpsf9d3b0da.jpg

Yeah, JMS has some of the best Spidey I've seen.

JRJR had a few good moments, but he also drew the stiffest looking spider-man ever. I do like him better than bagley, JRJR had a bad colorist too.

i am pleased to see that the costume is closer to the first three films as opposed to TASM -- does Andrew Garfield look bulkier? I thought he was too thin in the first film.

i am pleased to see that the costume is closer to the first three films as opposed to TASM -- does Andrew Garfield look bulkier? I thought he was too thin in the first film.

yeah he has put on some more muscle this time around. I AN LEGEND can confirm as much; he's met andrew multiple times at his gym.

But yeah, other than that, recent pics should make it clear that he is less skinny compared to the first movie.

Here ya go. Sorry about the quality - had to use my phone, my scanner is being dumb.

edit - it seems I remembered this slightly differently. I got the last bit mixed up with another JMS issue where Loki appears - Spidey shows him around NYC and there's a funny bit between them sitting on the edge of a building and Spidey is trying to get Loki to eat a hotdog, who is utterly disgusted/confused with the food. Say what you will about JMS's later run on ASM, the dude was a master with the Spidey humor and little scenes like that.

popcorn_1_zpsb6ded970.jpg

popcorn_2_zps29e1d6a5.jpg

And in an effort to keep this on topic, I love JRJR's take on Spider-Man (hell, I love everything about JRJR working on ASM). With his lean frame, and the traditional suit and larger eyes, ASM2 Spidey now looks like he literally stepped out of one of JRJR's illustrations. Compare that last panel of Spidey with any of the set photos we have, and its a great example. I couldn't be happier.

That is one of my favourite moments in comics for a number of different reasons, let alone my favourite villain AND favourite hero chilling together, but the humour is exactly how i imagine spidey to act and talk if he did ever meet such a being as Loki lol, it's also one of my favourite Loki moments as well, saving his daughter and showing a little bit of his sentimental side and thanking and appreciating Spidey for helping him, and when hes reflecting afterwards hes like 'its kinda cool having a God on your side' :)

I agree with the rest of your post, small moments like that are the epitone of his sense of humour. Heck even when its more serious. Like another favourite panel of mine from his run is when the kid is sat atop a rooftop with a gun, and Spidey just talks to him like he hasnt got a gun in his hand. Agreed on the suit too, it really does look like its come right off the page. :)

Last edited:

I don't know. I understand he's gonna bulk up a little but I like the whole skinny teen Peter look they took from the comics.

I don't know. I understand he's gonna bulk up a little but I like the whole skinny teen Peter look they took from the comics.

I don't think you'll have to worry about this too much. Yeah, Andrew has been 'bulking up' a little bit but he's still gonna have that slender look to him. The poster IamLegend (spelling) has bumped into him at a local NYC gym several times and says that Andrew isn't all that much bigger, just much more ripped/defined.

Looks good from the set photos so far. Just not a big fan of the daddy long legs Spider they chose for the front. I'd love to see the small spider in the front and the big circular spider on the back! That along with the big eyes and you have THE PERFECT SPIDEY!

I'm worried the mask will look bad from a front profile. Anxious to see it from such an angle so I can put said worry to rest (hopefully)

What What the costume should have looked like:
the-amazing-spider-man-2_concept-art-1.jpg

A progression of the suit seen in TASM1. Nuff' said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"