The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!! - Part 1

BUT, I am desperate for some official promo pics to see how the thing will look in the right way (or superior set pics at least lol)

Don't forget the first set pics we got for TASM. Give it time but most of all give it a chance to reveal itself in a trailer during an action sequence.

And in an effort to keep this on topic, I love JRJR's take on Spider-Man (hell, I love everything about JRJR working on ASM). With his lean frame, and the traditional suit and larger eyes, ASM2 Spidey now looks like he literally stepped out of one of JRJR's illustrations. Compare that last panel of Spidey with any of the set photos we have, and its a great example. I couldn't be happier.

Romita Jr. Spidey is the best Spidey. :up:

edit: Dammit I can't find the scan but there's a great wide panel of Spidey webswinging from early in that run that's pretty much my favorite romita jr. pic ever. I bet it was on my old comp. alas!

Last edited:
Don't forget the first set pics we got for TASM. Give it time but most of all give it a chance to reveal itself in a trailer during an action sequence.

lol. Check my earlier posts. I even said the same thing on how I felt about the very early TASM set pics.

Now, I consider TASM to be the best spidey suit. So believe me, I know that to give a fair and proper judgement, promo pics and trailer are a must :)

The positive and negative feedback are a little premature. We haven't seen a full (official) picture yet and haven't seen it in a trailer. We really don't know how it'll look on screen until I'm hoping May (Iron Man 3 release) and if not then attached to MOS.
Premature my ass, the suit is the classic costume and it looks great. You can pretty much see it from all sides. I'm hoping Sony prepare a teaser trailer with IronMan, I wouldn't mind if it was attached to both.

Premature my ass, the suit is the classic costume and it looks great. You can pretty much see it from all sides. I'm hoping Sony prepare a teaser trailer with IronMan, I wouldn't mind if it was attached to both.

For me, the suit does not look that great in those set pics. It looks like a poor mans cosplay suit. But that's only my opinion which will undoubtedly change come better set pics and especially promo pics.

Premature my ass my ass.

You've seen pictures zoomed in from 100 ft away. Despite how good it may look, we still have nothing official (full) and have yet to see it in action or how the look will translate to the big screen.

Extremely premature to be calling it the best Spidey suit yet (although it very well may be) when all we've seen is 4 or 5 set photos and an official torso and up side picture without arms or gloves.

Again, not saying it looks bad. Just early to say it's "Amazing" yet. Although the eyes are 10/10.

The positive and negative feedback are a little premature. We haven't seen a full (official) picture yet and haven't seen it in a trailer. We really don't know how it'll look on screen until I'm hoping May (Iron Man 3 release) and if not then attached to MOS.
I get your point, and normally I'm of the wait and see approach, but we've got a pretty damn good understanding of this suit so far: from the set pics, we know what the entire suit's pattern is and from the official photo, we know what the colors, texture and materials are. Put those two together and we can make far more educated reactions that what you suggest.

Yes, the ultimate reactions will come when we actually see this thing in a trailer, but for the above reasons, it's extremely safe to assume it can look only better, which, if you already like the suit doesn't really matter much.

What are your thoughts?
I'm just guessing but that seems a little too soon for a teaser of some sort. But hopefully you're right! My guess is July/August for a teaser trailer or something.

I've said here before that there are bad paparazzi shots I've seen, and ones that make me go, "whoa, the red fabric actually looks cool here."

For me, the suit does not look that great in those set pics. It looks like a poor mans cosplay suit. But that's only my opinion which will undoubtedly change come better set pics and especially promo pics.

once you see it in action it may win you over

Romita Jr. Spidey is the best Spidey. :up:

edit: Dammit I can't find the scan but there's a great wide panel of Spidey webswinging from early in that run that's pretty much my favorite romita jr. pic ever. I bet it was on my old comp. alas!
This one?

jrjr.jpg

I always found most of Romita Jr's work to be a bit too rectangular, but that image is a Spidey classic :up:

Though I think the coloring has a ton to do with that.

Nah it was similar to this one

KB20T8z.jpg

'cept iirc he was facing the left and there was mostly night sky behind him.

I had no luck googling. I'd find it and scan it again but those issues are boxed up.

Premature my ass my ass.
That's a lot of ass.

You've seen pictures zoomed in from 100 ft away. Despite how good it may look, we still have nothing official (full) and have yet to see it in action or how the look will translate to the big screen.

Extremely premature to be calling it the best Spidey suit yet (although it very well may be) when all we've seen is 4 or 5 set photos and an official torso and up side picture without arms or gloves.

Again, not saying it looks bad. Just early to say it's "Amazing" yet. Although the eyes are 10/10.
I'm calling it the best because it is for these eyes. Even zoomed 100 ft away, I can see the suit clear enough from top to bottom. Zoomed in will only make it better...there ain't no going back for me. And those lovely white eyes is the icing on the cake for me. All I need to see now is a lean figure (that's Andrew) fully engulfed in the costume...and all is good.

That is what the suit will look like...

Remember all the excuses made for the first suit? Stunt shoes? Wrestling suit? Better suit at the end? Detachable belt? That's the suit. The only thing that changed in regards to the first suit was they made 90% of the movie in the dark so you couldn't see how terrible that suit was. This new suit deserves the full light of the glorious sun beaming down onto it. Who doesn't like the classic suit? I know the answer...

I also love the role reversal in this thread...it's glorious. I just love how they looked to Raimi for inspiration and made a great suit even more great and it pissed people off. I love the disdain against it! The irony:D Someone (Sony or Webb) wised up.

That is what the suit will look like...

Remember all the excuses made for the first suit? Stunt shoes? Wrestling suit? Better suit at the end?

These were not completely unrealistic expectations at the time.

However, considering basically the entire first movie was Spider-Man's origin, rather than just the first act, I'm not surprised to see a more classic costume put forth for the sequel.

Nah it was similar to this one

KB20T8z.jpg

'cept iirc he was facing the left and there was mostly night sky behind him.

I had no luck googling. I'd find it and scan it again but those issues are boxed up.

jrjr-amazing-spider-man-600-2009.jpeg

This one? Whenever someone says "JRJR Spidey" this is the pic I think of.

Impossible to please the Spiderfans. He gives us exactly what we wanted (eyes bigger and more like Raimi's) and we bash it for being too similar.

Impossible to please the Spiderfans. He gives us exactly what we wanted (eyes bigger and more like Raimi's) and we bash it for being too similar.

You are assuming that every fan wanted exactly the same thing. While I don't mind the bigger eyes and a return to the classic suit, I wish they had kept the style of the TASM suit.

Not everyone will be pleased with every suit, unfortunately, but that's the joys of film and art - it's subjective. I liked all the movie suits, but this one I'm digging the most. I always wanted the large bug eyes.

Looking forward to see it in action.

Spider-Man 3, give me the Spidey-Ock suit :D

He didn't give what this spidey fan wanted.

You are assuming that every fan wanted exactly the same thing. While I don't mind the bigger eyes and a return to the classic suit, I wish they had kept the style of the TASM suit.

Indeed. I was ready for slight modifications to the TASM suit.

One aspect I hope they keep with TASM2 is how worn the costume looked. It didn't look too neat.

I also love the role reversal in this thread...it's glorious. I just love how they looked to Raimi for inspiration and made a great suit even more great and it pissed people off. I love the disdain against it! The irony:D Someone (Sony or Webb) wised up.

This. I mean. How I see it is. They probably wanted to use a new, more "real" and comics inspired version of the classic suit but feared that people would think it was "too similar to raimi's".

So I guess they figured the outcry would be less harsh if they did it the second time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"