• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Rises The Official TDKR Fanart & Manips Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
tdkr.jpg

Michael Bay's wet dream.

The thing that annoys me is on the new TDKR letting with the bat symbbol is that they could of simply made it more senseable by just once more space having THE in the black part and DARK KNIGHT in the white part of the symbol and rises in the black.I think thats pretty sloppy on WB's part by not doing that.

The thing that annoys me is on the new TDKR letting with the bat symbbol is that they could of simply made it more senseable by just once more space having THE in the black part and DARK KNIGHT in the white part of the symbol and rises in the black.I think thats pretty sloppy on WB's part by not doing that.
I see your point but if they were to do it your way it wound t be centererd. If you count the spaces on each side of the symbol it is: THE_D (5 spaces) and RISES (5 spaces)

Submitted my Rises shirt design today... nothing flashy.

risesshirtd.jpg

I see your point but if they were to do it your way it wound t be centererd. If you count the spaces on each side of the symbol it is: THE_D (5 spaces) and RISES (5 spaces)

I see it now,yeah I guess it does make better sense that way,they shoulda just make the symbol a little bigger.I mean this is the last one would make sense,or a least people would get it being the last one ''going out with a bang'' so to speak.

Seeing some of the shirts taht were accepted, i can't help but feel angry for those who got their shirts rejected here. Those were amazing!

There's a really, really good chance someone from here wins the contest. Some serious talent in here. Amazing stuff guys :up:

Where can I see all the accepted and rejected shirt designs?

Where can I see all the accepted and rejected shirt designs?

I don't think you can. They haven't opened voting yet, so we can't see accepted, and the only way to see rejected is if the artists posts it online.

By the Way Mr. Clay that Catwoman pic is fantastic.

They should have done it the way it is in the teaser:

THE_DARK_KNIGHT
_____RISES_____

It would fit neater into the batsymbol.

BTW, all the t-shirt designs are amazing, i'd gladly wear any of them.

Seriously Mr. Clay how much would it cost if it won? I want...

Ok, scrapping my previous idea, I think I got a better one I think that might stand out a lot better.

Okay, I still wouldnt call this done, I'm still not satisfied with how smokey their face(s) look:
tshirtdesignsmoke-1-2.png

Thanks guys! Here it is on the shirt...

risesart1.jpg

Bamfer, why did you comment on Clay's art in the last (closed) thread? :lmao:

symboltshirt_art3.jpg

symboltshirt_shirt3.jpg

Submitted new design - they needed some Catwoman love...

Amazing! Seriously a brilliant piece and worthy of it's own t-shirt. Only problem is, aside from us, the followers and fans of the film, is it recognizable? Yeah, it looks amazingly like Rises Catwoman, but will the general public know? And will they make the connection that that's the bat-signal? They're not as Bat-savvy as we are. That would be my only concern with it as I look at it from a marketing point. However, I'm sure the overwhelming majority of the sales demographic would be the Bat-fans, so, I'm sure it'd probably be successful. I'd buy it, for sure. Like I said, it's amazing.

Bamfer, why did you comment on Clay's art in the last (closed) thread? :lmao:

Yep, you'd think you'd be able to quote a post from the old thread and have it automatically post in the new one. Thread Manager and I will be having words.

Yep, you'd think you'd be able to quote a post from the old thread and have it automatically post in the new one. Thread Manager and I will be having words.
All joking aside, that would be useful. For us non-staff we can't auto-quote from closed threads, so usually we have to spend time copy/pasting and (if you're OCD about it like I am) figure out the post ID and add it to said quote so that it links back to where it was posted in the closed thread. All very time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"