The Dark Knight Rises The Official TDKR Fanart & Manips Thread XI

tumblr_mz3rvqV0sk1s7x8z2o3_500.png

tumblr_mz3rvqV0sk1s7x8z2o1_500.png

That's incredible. Never been a fan of that interpretation of a Nolanized Riddler though. That's not a knock on you elusively either, because almost all Nolanized versions of the Riddler have him more or less with this Cyber-hacker-punk look. I absolutely love your Deadshot! Nice touch with the Gotham Rogues hat. Keep up the good work, dude.

Yeah that's my only complaint from his great work. I just don't like that idea of Riddler and find it's waaay too close Heath's Joker. Riddler, especially Nolan's (in my mind) was more like a Michael C Hall/Dicaprio in a suit. A suave, private investigator type, who is arrogant, super intelligent but not "nerdy", obsessive, a narcissist. Always in a suit & tie, short clean-cut hair. Very neat and perfect in that way. Very much like Dexter Morgan in his look and behavior, except he's not a cereal killer and he's even neater (if that's possible since Dexter was incredibly detailed in that way. Very OCD). Dexter in a dark green suit and more about the games and finding out Batmans identity than killing anyone.

Everything else is great.

Last edited:
Yeah, very much agreed, Shauner.

The black rimmed glasses to give an allusion of a domino mask was a real nice touch. I like how man-bat is back there, completely in the shadows. "Don't forget about me, Batman."

I like the idea of Riddler being the ultimate Beta male villain, hiding behind a screen like Oz. Especially since the movies mostly had alphas (Joker, Bane, Ra's, even Harvey) The hacker thing always made sense to me since I imagine him throwing up his riddles on computer screens, phones, and billboards.

I feel you guys though, especially since currently in the comics Riddler has been shown as an extreme threat that challenges Bats the most intellectually.

But thanks for the kind words about the piece. Glad you guys mostly like it. Gonna do a Clayface solo next. I'll just post it here later.

I like the idea of Riddler being the ultimate Beta male villain, hiding behind a screen like Oz. Especially since the movies mostly had alphas (Joker, Bane, Ra's, even Harvey) The hacker thing always made sense to me since I imagine him throwing up his riddles on computer screens, phones, and billboards.

I feel you guys though, especially since currently in the comics Riddler has been shown as an extreme threat that challenges Bats the most intellectually.

But thanks for the kind words about the piece. Glad you guys mostly like it. Gonna do a Clayface solo next. I'll just post it here later.

Don't sell yourself short man, I pretty much loved it, sans the Riddler. I agree that the Riddler should have definitely been more in the shadows like you said, just the look that throws me off.

I can't wait to see your Clayface.

I dont mind him being more in the shadows, but ya it's the look i dont dig.

Did I ever post these?

I'm not satisfied with this one. I'll need to finish Batman off and make the cityscape more three dimensional.

1A5yWi2.jpg

This is probably my favourite thing I've drawn over the last couple of years (I don't do it as much as I used to, unfortunately). Very proud of the way it came out, took a lot of effort.

m75xpee.jpg

This next one was me doodling someone else's great fan art, and then I noticed it was actually coming out well, so I finished it properly. I'll have to find that fan art again so I know whom to credit, but I'm sure many of you know the one. Once I finished this, I decided to do the whole trilogy.

EhZlIUG.jpg

And the first of a few TDKT 'expanded universe' kind of covers I want to do (the others including Batman and Gordon facing the mob in-between BB and TDK, Selina set a year or two before TDKR, and a Blake as Batman II set about five years after TDKR.

OEQS9im.jpg

Those are great! :hrt: :up:

tdkranimated_zpsf337bd3c.png

Not as creative or original as most of the art on here, but I found that trying to draw it myself resulted in horrible results. Years of not drawing took their toll on my art lol

Anyway, hope people don't think it's totally lame. Just a quick little thing.

I don't know whether to be impressed or feel sorry that you had so little to do with your life that you would make those. :o

I don't know whether to be impressed or feel sorry that you had so little to do with your life that you would make those. :o

I didn't make any of those actually

couldn't find any of the sources either as they were posted on 4chan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"