The Dark Knight Rises The Official TDKR Fanart & Manips Thread XI

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ativeASIN=B00BIGKXTS&linkCode=as2&tag=je05-20

MessenjahMatts fan poster is now for sale through amazon and the official Batman facebook page just linked to it.

Is this official merchandise?

Is Matt getting paid?

So, what's the story exactly? How are these up for sale?

Many times, I've thought that if I were to get a TDKT related poster, it would be that one. So if everything's above board, I'm placing an order.

Someone, usually from Hong Kong it seems, gets it off google image search, then sells it. That's how, in a nutshell. ha. People make thousands of dollars off every possible peice of fanart created, it's ridiculous. WB probably doesn't care enough to get them pulled.

That's not even the best version of that poster either. And they're printing from a 1000px wide image, which couldn't look that great blown up.

Someone, usually from Hong Kong it seems, gets it off google image search, then sells it. That's how, in a nutshell. ha. People make thousands of dollars off every possible peice of fanart created, it's ridiculous. WB probably doesn't care enough to get them pulled.

That's not even the best version of that poster either. And they're printing from a 1000px wide image, which couldn't look that great blown up.

Oh, too bad. That would've been ideal to have a poster of your work (the one you linked to, particularly). Amazing work.

That's too bad that these people can get away with profiting from these things.

Probably my last piece of TDKR fan-art. At least for now. Feedback's always nice!

the_end_by_itsjustrey-d6n5lrf.jpg

It's too bad the backround shots of Joker and Talia look bad (Jokers hair is way too long and Marion looks more like Jennifer Lawrence). Because it's an awesome piece of art. The colors, the bat and Bruce in his suit is excellent.

It would have been much better if it left simple. Without the villain faces. Just Bruce in front of his city with the bats.

I agree. Bruce looks awesome. And the bat is cool, too. I hope we get more bats in the reboot. Love that "Year One" scene in Begins

Dude, this is brilliant. The Rykin Data link? Amazing. I actually wanted him to be a private investigator who works indirectly with Gordon to take down the Batman. With him going overboard in his obsession. I think i might still prefer that but i absolutely love the hacker version you did Jakinj. It really fits well. It might even make the most sense.

The eyeliner part was hilarious! And the Inception tie-in is just sooo good.

But i will give one nitpick. I dont really care for his look. The hipster thing, with the chain, messy hair. I personally think it's too close to Joker. When i visualize the Riddler and especially in Nolan's..i always think of him as the opposite of Joker hairstyle/clothes. Very short, clean-cut hair. A very meticulous man. Because i think the hipster look you provided makes him out to be more of Johnny Depp type character rather than a Dicaprio-Cobb from Inception type. Of course wearing a suit doesn't quite go with being a computer hacker who locks himself up in a basement. But what if he's trying to feel more important than he is? He wears a suit every day. He's a unique one.

I personally see him as more of a Michael Emerson type, or yes, Leo in Inception.

But still, it's your piece. And it's awesome. Great job as always. By the way, how many unconfirmed sightings are left??

That is brilliant man, really clever stuff. Whenever you're done with these should print these out and consolidate it into a a mini-comic, then mail it to Syncopy/address it to Nolan. You'd be surprised, I'm pretty sure I've heard stories of people on the Nolanfans boards sending packages to him and getting responses.

I think he'd would get a kick out of seeing the various members of the rogues gallery made to fit into his world and I'm sure it would please him that fans are expanding his version of the mythology with their own imaginations.

Holy crap that is good! Please continue to make these they are so captivating.

That is brilliant man, really clever stuff. Whenever you're done with these should print these out and consolidate it into a a mini-comic, then mail it to Syncopy/address it to Nolan. You'd be surprised, I'm pretty sure I've heard stories of people on the Nolanfans boards sending packages to him and getting responses.

I think he'd would get a kick out of seeing the various members of the rogues gallery made to fit into his world and I'm sure it would please him that fans are expanding his version of the mythology with their own imaginations.

That's actually a really good idea. With some luck, we may get some new insights.

Dude, this is brilliant. The Rykin Data link? Amazing. I actually wanted him to be a private investigator who works indirectly with Gordon to take down the Batman. With him going overboard in his obsession. I think i might still prefer that but i absolutely love the hacker version you did Jakinj. It really fits well. It might even make the most sense.

The eyeliner part was hilarious! And the Inception tie-in is just sooo good.

But i will give one nitpick. I dont really care for his look. The hipster thing, with the chain, messy hair. I personally think it's too close to Joker. When i visualize the Riddler and especially in Nolan's..i always think of him as the opposite of Joker hairstyle/clothes. Very short, clean-cut hair. A very meticulous man. Because i think the hipster look you provided makes him out to be more of Johnny Depp type character rather than a Dicaprio-Cobb from Inception type. Of course wearing a suit doesn't quite go with being a computer hacker who locks himself up in a basement. But what if he's trying to feel more important than he is? He wears a suit every day. He's a unique one.

I personally see him as more of a Michael Emerson type, or yes, Leo in Inception.

But still, it's your piece. And it's awesome. Great job as always. By the way, how many unconfirmed sightings are left??

Funny enough the reason why I didn't give him a full suit is because the joker is in a full suit. (Vest, tie, etc.)

Also because I was walking around Brooklyn a couple years ago and thought to myself "why the hell does everyone look like the Riddler?"

There's 6 unconfirmed sightings left - honestly don't know if ill do all 6 or who they are haha

Funny enough the reason why I didn't give him a full suit is because the joker is in a full suit. (Vest, tie, etc.)

Also because I was walking around Brooklyn a couple years ago and thought to myself "why the hell does everyone look like the Riddler?"

There's 6 unconfirmed sightings left - honestly don't know if ill do all 6 or who they are haha
Haha you do have a point. Obviously it's up to you, but Penguin is essential! Even if you're not much of a fan (just speculating). A high-class gentlemen/mobster. I have a suggestion. You know that nightclub Maroni was in during TDK when batman takes his gang down? Make that the Iceberg Lounge. Maroni was doing his dealings there as Oswald Cobblepot is an arms dealer. I would even take influence from Penguin: Pain and Prejudice. Great modern story for Oswald. But just don't exaggerate his nose. Id draw him like the actor David Suchet when he was heavier.

Again, just a suggestion!

Without checking, im guessing the 3 so far are Freeze, Ivy and Riddler? I would suggest at least Penguin and Hugo Strange. Even Killer Croc, which could be easy if you use the prisoner from the ferries (in TDK, played by Tiny Lister). :woot:

I thought Lister was credited as "Amygdala" in the credits?

I never checked but i heard that was never true. Hmm.

i saw that version printed on a canvas the other day at the shops, the colours were faded out though

Haha you do have a point. Obviously it's up to you, but Penguin is essential! Even if you're not much of a fan (just speculating). A high-class gentlemen/mobster. I have a suggestion. You know that nightclub Maroni was in during TDK when batman takes his gang down? Make that the Iceberg Lounge. Maroni was doing his dealings there as Oswald Cobblepot is an arms dealer. I would even take influence from Penguin: Pain and Prejudice. Great modern story for Oswald. But just don't exaggerate his nose. Id draw him like the actor David Suchet when he was heavier.

Again, just a suggestion!

Without checking, im guessing the 3 so far are Freeze, Ivy and Riddler? I would suggest at least Penguin and Hugo Strange. Even Killer Croc, which could be easy if you use the prisoner from the ferries (in TDK, played by Tiny Lister). :woot:

I'm actually a big fan of the Penguin - the only problem is I really love his interpretation in Arkham City and anything I can think of visually turns into some derivative of that appearance. I prefer doing something that's different - if I think of something ill do it most definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"