The Dark Knight Rises The Official TDKR Fanart & Manips Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://drmierzwiak.deviantart.com/art/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-poster-ver-2-308890809

thedarkknightrisesposte.jpg

Hey folks, some of you may remember I started a Drew Struzan-esque trilogy poster a while back. I had some health issues which caused my creativity to be virtually non-existent for the best part of several months, and culminated in me getting really depressed when I couldn't come up a with a design entry for the T-shirt contest that I was happy with. Subsequently when ever I tried to go back to the trilogy poster I started all I kept seeing was layout flaws. So with my health now back to normal I decided to start the trilogy poster concept from scratch and I think it's working out for the better, plus we've gotten much better imagery for film three come out in the last few weeks to use as reference. Here's the WIP, I'm hoping to have this done before the movie is released, when done I'll make it available at proper poster size and hi-res so fans can take it to their local print shop and print themselves off a copy.

http://fanartexhibit.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/new_layout01.jpg

That's beautiful.

Yeah, jmc, welcome back. Looks awesome so far.

I switched them around on the last page Polaris23.

MY FINAL EDIT <Alfred>...probably</Alfred>

Edit: NOW it's my final edit, haha. Moved Catwoman to the right a little bit and added some fog behind her so you can see the cat ears.

Any chance you can increase the resolution on this and make it bigger Matt? This is so cool, I want to get it printed poster-sized and hang it in my room!

Any chance you can increase the resolution on this and make it bigger Matt? This is so cool, I want to get it printed poster-sized and hang it in my room!

1000x1458 isn't big enough?

How come I can't see the poster that everyone's raving about here and in General Discussion? The one by Matt.

I saw that one, it was one that people were saying should have been poster #3 and had Bane on it or something. Even when I go back to Matt's original post there's no image or link when I quote it.

that poster is one of the best fanposters i've ever seen :D
wb should hire matt on the spot

Hey folks, some of you may remember I started a Drew Struzan-esque trilogy poster a while back. I had some health issues which caused my creativity to be virtually non-existent for the best part of several months, and culminated in me getting really depressed when I couldn't come up a with a design entry for the T-shirt contest that I was happy with. Subsequently when ever I tried to go back to the trilogy poster I started all I kept seeing was layout flaws. So with my health now back to normal I decided to start the trilogy poster concept from scratch and I think it's working out for the better, plus we've gotten much better imagery for film three come out in the last few weeks to use as reference. Here's the WIP, I'm hoping to have this done before the movie is released, when done I'll make it available at proper poster size and hi-res so fans can take it to their local print shop and print themselves off a copy.

new_layout01.jpg

:wow:

It's good already JMC !

It has 2 Batman already... The close up and full body..
I think the close up one is enough for Batman..
I think it will be better if Batman in the centre (the full body one) is changed into something else..

Maybe like this
batman-begins-20050526092913624-001.jpg

BB_0091.jpg

Maybe it will add more meaning/message.. because Bruce's parents death is the centre of Bruce's journey.. Everything starts from that moment.
Like Bale himself said "How long this guy let pain dominate his life?"

Well, that's my suggestion... Can't wait to see the final artwork, jmc :yay:

Last edited:
My first post so I'm really nervous, been lurking for a while. Everyone's graphics are so amazing in this thread. Wanted to make a TDKR poster, so here it is:

tdkrposter.png

welcome to the hype officially nemapasara
really like the poster too :)

Thanks on both accounts. Glad to finally get the first post out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"