The Official Thor News and Set Pics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JAK®;19205453 said:
It honestly doesn't matter to me because I always see the trailers online anyway.
I'm sure I'll see it online at some point too, but I'd really like to see it on the big screen and cackle giddily to my friends afterward. :)

Tron Legacy is coming out on Dec 17th! That's where the trailer is supposed to be because it's a Disney movie also.
Yeah but Warblade mentioned Disney has FUTURE Thor film rights, this one's being distributed by Paramount.
I'm GUESSING after we've heard that the trailer was due out in December that either or both Paramount films The Fight or True grit will have the Trailer. NOTHING is official yet TMT.

I'm sure I'll see it online at some point too, but I'd really like to see it on the big screen and cackle giddily to my friends afterward. :)
lol I can imagine you watching from work and the odd looks you'll get from your co-workers lol

Heh, unfortunately, my desk got moved so people are walking behind me all the time. Can't watch videos anymore. :csad:

Warblade mentioned Disney has FUTURE Thor film rights

Marvel film rights. Thor will be Paramount all the way as far as I know. :woot:

The same applies to Captain America. It looks like the Disney distribution kicks in for the subsequent releases beyond that.

heh exactly. :D I can see you not being able to resist Corpy. lol

The same applies to Captain America. It looks like the Disney distribution kicks in for the subsequent releases beyond that.
heh either way I too can't wait for the trailer. lol

What about Avengers and Iron Man 3? I would think those are still far enough away that Disney could conceivably take the rights back without causing chaos.

There's absolutely no reason to think it won't be with Tron. Inception's main trailer was released with Iron Man 2 for example.

In fact, given that Tron is the biggest release in December, and it's in 3D it's stupid to think it'd be with anything but.

What about Avengers and Iron Man 3? I would think those are still far enough away that Disney could conceivably take the rights back without causing chaos.

Disney just recently got the rights to those movies away from Paramount. Thor and Cap are the last two Paramount movies.

Cool. Paramount did a good job with Iron Man and IM 2. Hope the Disney marketing machine is as good. :up:

There's absolutely no reason to think it won't be with Tron. Inception's main trailer was released with Iron Man 2 for example.

In fact, given that Tron is the biggest release in December, and it's in 3D it's stupid to think it'd be with anything but.

Absolutely no reason? I'll provide four:
1.) There is no guarantee that trailer copies are available to place on movies at all sites.
2.) People setting trailer lists without knowing what Thor is.
3.) People maintaining policies of trailering for upcoming releases about two or three months off.
4.) Distributors contracting other trailers to run that reduces space for the ones you want to see.

Tron is one of the biggest releases, but that isn't likely to have much impact on whether Thor trailers will assigned to it or. It may be "stupid to think it'd be with anything but" to you, but honestly, I've seen this subject arise here before and any time I've responded to it, and ultimately been proven right, there are always people moaning about how such and such wasn't "attached" to so and so.

You might well be lucky and see a Thor trailer on Tron: Legacy. I'm just trying to point out that the chance of that is not nearly as high as you think.

I don't get it. I'm not huge into keeping an eye out for which companies excel at promoting their films but what's up with Disney?

Are they horrible or are some of the replys to TheCorpulent1's post because they are good at promotion and he shouldn't be worrying?

I have no idea either. Either Disney sucks at promoting stuff or Paramount sucks at promoting stuff or both, I think...

Disney is like one of the biggest media moguls of the modern era. To wonder if they will be good at marketing something is like wondering if the sun will rise tomorrow.

you never know. there could be eternal darkness after today.

Untitled-11.png

JAK®;19206329 said:
Disney is like one of the biggest media moguls of the modern era. To wonder if they will be good at marketing something is like wondering if the sun will rise tomorrow.
Well, just because they're a huge corporation, doesn't mean they're necessarily good at marketing campaigns for everything. Paramount really seemed to get what made the Iron Man movies appealing and built their campaign around making Tony seem cool and funny and basically the guy every other guy wishes he could be. Disney'll certainly have the money to throw around to make Avengers, IM 3, et al. omnipresent leading up to their releases, but you never know if they'll be able to figure out how to market them as effectively as possible.

Granted, these movies have been such consistent hits that maybe just having them all over the place will be enough.

Absolutely no reason? I'll provide four:
1.) There is no guarantee that trailer copies are available to place on movies at all sites.
2.) People setting trailer lists without knowing what Thor is.
3.) People maintaining policies of trailering for upcoming releases about two or three months off.
4.) Distributors contracting other trailers to run that reduces space for the ones you want to see.

Tron is one of the biggest releases, but that isn't likely to have much impact on whether Thor trailers will assigned to it or. It may be "stupid to think it'd be with anything but" to you, but honestly, I've seen this subject arise here before and any time I've responded to it, and ultimately been proven right, there are always people moaning about how such and such wasn't "attached" to so and so.

You might well be lucky and see a Thor trailer on Tron: Legacy. I'm just trying to point out that the chance of that is not nearly as high as you think.
Paramount may be distributing Thor and getting a small chunk of the profits but Disney gets the other 85% or so of the profits. It's essentially a Disney film.

Well, just because they're a huge corporation, doesn't mean they're necessarily good at marketing campaigns for everything. Paramount really seemed to get what made the Iron Man movies appealing and built their campaign around making Tony seem cool and funny and basically the guy every other guy wishes he could be. Disney'll certainly have the money to throw around to make Avengers, IM 3, et al. omnipresent leading up to their releases, but you never know if they'll be able to figure out how to market them as effectively as possible.

Granted, these movies have been such consistent hits that maybe just having them all over the place will be enough.
Trust me, Disney knows marketing. I'm not basing this on nothing.

That's good to know then that the chances of them pulling an IM/Hulk are slim to none. They should be able to give Capt. America the proper advertising even though it comes out so close to Thor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"