The Official TIH Marketing Discussion Thread

It's not like we're getting NOTHING, either. No pics yet, sure, but if you look back at the Hulk hype (from the main page) there's been some kind of interview or product announcement every few days:

Hulk Hype said:
New Incredible Hulk Bust Bank
Saturday, February 2, 2008 12:37 AM

Edward Norton on The Incredible Hulk
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:30 PM

Hurt on Hulk/Iron Man, and an Iron Monger Toy!
Sunday, January 20, 2008 11:21 PM

New Incredible Hulk Game Details
Friday, January 11, 2008 11:24 AM

Zak! Designs' Hulk and Iron Man Products
Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:07 AM

Gale Anne Hurd Q&A in Palm Springs on Jan. 12
Wednesday, January 9, 2008 11:39 AM

Character World Lands Hulk and Iron Man Licenses
Tuesday, January 8, 2008 9:18 AM

Mark Nau on The Incredible Hulk Game
Tuesday, January 8, 2008 1:53 AM

How is Tony Stark in The Incredible Hulk?
Saturday, January 5, 2008 12:16 AM

The Incredible Hulk Game Site Up
Monday, December 31, 2007 12:32 PM

New Incredible Hulk Photos!
Thursday, December 27, 2007 4:38 PM

New Iron Man Photo & Hulk Artwork!
Monday, December 24, 2007 1:18 AM

Tim Roth on The Incredible Hulk's Abomination
Monday, December 3, 2007 3:16 PM

Director Louis Leterrier Talks Hulk
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 11:43 AM

New Hulk Set Pics and Video
Sunday, November 25, 2007 12:43 AM

New Incredible Hulk Photo!
Friday, November 16, 2007 10:29 AM

More Rio de Janeiro Hulk Set Pics
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 10:00 PM

The Incredible Hulk Filming Update
Thursday, November 8, 2007 12:18 AM

The Incredible Hulk Filming in Rio de Janeiro
Wednesday, November 7, 2007 10:52 AM

Marvel Studios' Updated Slate of Projects
Monday, November 5, 2007 9:17 AM

See? Just because there was no trailer at the super bowl doesn't mean they're not doing any marketing.

See? Just because there was no trailer at the super bowl doesn't mean they're not doing any marketing.

Yes we're getting stuff but people want something juicy now.

2003209409459060327_fs.jpg

Ah ok, that would explain why your ex said it was non-existent.

Anyone else feel like waiting for this trailer is like waiting for water to boil?

I feel like it's watching water boil.

Tension is really rising around here as of late. Everyone seems really edgy, either that or maybe it's just me?

I feel like it's watching water boil.

Tension is really rising around here as of late. Everyone seems really edgy, either that or maybe it's just me?

Definitely not just you pal, for a while I just avoided thinking about the movie altogether... But damn it I'm sick of waiting... Just a taste... Just a frigging glimpse man, that's all we are asking for!!!

Definitely not just you pal, for a while I just avoided thinking about the movie altogether... But damn it I'm sick of waiting... Just a taste... Just a frigging glimpse man, that's all we are asking for!!!
Patience. This just in to me today: Just so you know I received this email today from an high-up at Marvel regarding the Hellboy/Hulk handicap and the Elfman article and I quote: "This makes me chuckle...I'm not worried. They can hype up Hellboy all they want. Its needs the push. I'd rather peak at the right time with the perfect campaign. I love Danny Elfman (he scored the first HULK) but no one says "I have to see that film because I love the composer". Or if they do, they're in the minority..." So that being said they are plotting the "perfect campaign" to hit us with the Hulk.

Well, of course a Marvel suit is going to pooh-pooh Hellboy and say "all is well." But whatever, I see the point you're making.

Hellboy "needs the Push"?... are you kidding me?....the first did well, it got good reviews AND Del toro JUST made that Labrinth movie which nearly every critic and ANYONE who saw it, loved it. Its the other way around mate, TIH needs the god damn push. Right now, TIH needs for its marketing campaign to be perfect just for it to get recognised.

I think 3 months b4 is ample. everyone knows its coming, and the best comes to those who wait. perfect marketing , if a little annoyingfor hulk fans wholl see thismovie whatever. Bubonic how do you know my ex?she said i had the most life like and used the most state of the art technologial equipment to bring my penis to life in a quite awesome manner

mark my words. people will complain about teh CGI. if it comes in april or in december. some will complain after the premiere because they wont like them.
its normal. and nothign wrong with that.

People are never happy as far as CGI is concerned are they?
I guess I've got modest expectations, and so long as it basically looks real, I'm thrilled.

Hellboy "needs the Push"?... are you kidding me?....the first did well, it got good reviews AND Del toro JUST made that Labrinth movie which nearly every critic and ANYONE who saw it, loved it. Its the other way around mate, TIH needs the god damn push. Right now, TIH needs for its marketing campaign to be perfect just for it to get recognised.

I dunno what was so "wow" about Pans Labyrinth. I saw the movie and thought it was average, didn't like the ending.

I guess I've got modest expectations, and so long as it basically looks real, I'm thrilled.

OMG! That 10 foot tall muscle bound, green skinned giant looked SO fake! :dry:

jag

I think 3 months b4 is ample. everyone knows its coming, and the best comes to those who wait. perfect marketing , if a little annoyingfor hulk fans wholl see thismovie whatever. Bubonic how do you know my ex?she said i had the most life like and used the most state of the art technologial equipment to bring my penis to life in a quite awesome manner

To be honest i dont think anyone outside of the internet community knows its coming, even now when i mention it, people are in shock! Total Film, a leading movie magazine here in the UK, even commented that they had forgot the movie was coming until the 2 recent stills were released. Its not good if a major movie magazine is saying this IMO.

EDIT: Actually it was Empire who said they had forgotten TIH was coming out, and they are even MORE popular than TF.

I dunno what was so "wow" about Pans Labyrinth. I saw the movie and thought it was average, didn't like the ending.

:wow: You are literally the first person i have heard who didnt say the movie was stunning. Even people i know who are nothing more than casual movie goers LOVED it.

Nope, you really can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

For me it all has to do with art direction. Most people thought Transformers was mind blowing. But the only thing that impressed me was Scorpnok, does that mean ILM did a bad job? No. But the art direction, the way they looked was blah for me, and it ruined the whole experience.

Iron Man is getting ripped apart for the final scene in it's trailer... but it just looks to good for words in my opinion.

For me it all has to do with art direction. Most people thought Transformers was mind blowing. But the only thing that impressed me was Scorpnok, does that mean ILM did a bad job? No. But the art direction, the way they looked was blah for me, and it ruined the whole experience.

Iron Man is getting ripped apart for the final scene in it's trailer... but it just looks to good for words in my opinion.

Whatever people think about TF as a movie, you cant say the effects werent breathtaking, practically every scene was seamless, and the fact that it has been nominated for and is favourite to get the oscar for special effects is testament to that.

On the subject of Iron Man, in the scene you mentioned, the effects werent the best, but they were no were NEAR as bad as some people make/made out.

What makes me laugh is there hasnt been a CB movie yet that has had 100% perfect CGI in it, even the above mentioned Transformers, though that probably had the best effects of any CB movie yet IMO, 1 or 2 shots were still lacking a bit, so i would love to know what CB movie they compare these 'bad effects' qualms too?

If they touch the scene up a bit before release, i think it will look amazing.

LOL Yep, that's what we're in for.

Of course, were you not HERE IN 2003? :cwink:

I wonder if Hulk will have that Jar-Jar Binks photorealism?

:oldrazz:

jag

OMG! That 10 foot tall muscle bound, green skinned giant looked SO fake! :dry:

jag

A slap is what they need!
But basically he's relatively easy to make look real since it's a purely humanoid form, albeit big and green. :oldrazz:

I can see old fuddy duddies complaining about the realism of the Hulk, sort of like when Ebert was going on about how it didn't look real that he could jump so far. (did he say that, or was it of some other Marvel hero?)

Shiny metal dudes are easier to bring to life then flesh and bone animation. The work they put into animating the last Hulk was insane, pretty sure it was the best thing at that time, and still some weren't pleased.

If it's 1.5 times better then that, then I'll be enamoured with it.

Then again I also saw past the grievances of the last bit of the IM spot. Looked kickass too me!

Maybe I have no taste, but I'll enjoy it more then some of you :o

LOL Yep, that's what we're in for.

People have to whine about something right? No adaptation will ever be perfect, especially not too peoples subjective expectations.

Watch that tongue son, no using God's name in vain. The quote was in response to the article. What else is Marvel gonna say? TIH will suck? Think not!

well thats the problem.
people dont know it.
and people dont know that when it will come out that it wont be a sequel.

Every single person I've talked to about this film has given me a bewildered look and said "they're making a sequel?" Then I have to go through the trouble of explaining that this is a restart. Most don't know this is being made, much less that this isn't Hulk 2.

Watch that tongue son, no using God's name in vain. The quote was in response to the article. What else is Marvel gonna say? TIH will suck? Think not!

he could say that they are waiting for R&H to send them the finished product. why is that?... cause we starting shooting so late.

you are the first person i've ever met who says the movie was "meh". :wow:

yeah god damn it sava, dont take the lords name in vain! jesus christ man, what the god damned hell are you thinking:woot:

jesus... i'm sorry man :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"