The Official Vertigo Thread

Vertigo has all my favorite stuff. It's great. :up:

And I just got the reprint of Human Target... so that rocks.

I gotta get some Human Target trades myself. The show is fun so I want to see some of its comic roots.

You'll be surprised. :up:

Possibly in a bad way.

Really? I've heard at least one Vertigo series was really good. I don't remember which one at the moment, though.

I really loved Joe. Artwork was stunning.

Damn it, I didn't see it at my shop again this week. I knew there was something I was missing.

I enjoyed the last few pages where he obviously isn't allowed to draw some characters so changed them ever so slightly to keep it legal.

Not really a spoiler just didn't want to stretch out the forum.

joeb.jpg

Apparently Sean Murphy was actually blacklisted by DC because he reinvented Cyborg and DC didn't like it and never published the book.

Sean Murphy: I’ve had a rough ride with DC for many years it seems. After Batman/Scarecrow: Year One I couldn’t get work there. My editor apparently pushed hard for me but the people in charge didn’t like my stuff and blacklisted me from the DCU. I’ve got a Teen Titans story that was never published because of how I reinvented Cyborg (shame on me for bringing him out of the 90s).

Which is ******ed.

Really? I've heard at least one Vertigo series was really good. I don't remember which one at the moment, though.
Oh. The Vertigo trade of it that I picked up... is great. But it made me suddenly question why the television show couldn't be better and more like the comic. :csad:

Oh, I'm good on that front. I love the TV show as it is. It's fun and over the top with just enough quiet moments to make it not feel crass.

You left out that you find Mark Valley dreamy.

I started watching the first episode before work yesterday. A brief, tantalizing glimmer of its unmitigated awesomeness. I miss it. :csad:

At least Keen Eddie 2: Human Target edition is good. :up:

Oh. And who else loves 100 Bullets? I do.

I stopped reading it around volume 4 of the trades. Couldn't afford to keep buying them at the rate I was reading, so I wound up holding off and then forgetting about it. I gotta finish reading it now that it's done.

Yeah. I stopped on the first trade for the longest time. Then I saw it finished... and went to town and sped through them all (compared to how I was reading them before). :awesome:

At least Keen Eddie 2: Human Target edition is good. :up:

Oh. And who else loves 100 Bullets? I do.
I've read all but the last two trades and it's definitely one of my favorite Vertigo books.

Wow, I almost forgot about this thread :o Oh well, since it's been brought back to my attention, I, Zombie has finally been solicited for this May:

14y7nrq.jpg

I, ZOMBIE #1
On sale MAY 5 • 32 pg, FC, $1 US • MATURE READERS
Written by CHRIS ROBERSON •Art and cover by MICHAEL ALLRED • 1:10 Variant cover by DARWYN COOKE
Gwen Dylan is a gravedigger in an eco-friendly cemetery...and a zombie detective. Once a month, she has to eat a human brain – both to keep from going all “Night of the Living Dead,” and to keep her own memories intact. As a result, Gwen’s mind is crowded with the dead person’s thoughts. And lately, she feels compelled to fulfill their final requests. Torn between a mysterious mummy and a dashing young monster-hunter, Gwen is set for adventures beyond imagination! A were-terrier, a swinging ’60s ghost and a pack of paintball blasting vampires complete the cast of I, ZOMBIE.
Written by World Fantasy Award finalist Chris Roberson (CINDERELLA: FROM FABLETOWN WITH LOVE) with art by Eisner Award-winning superstar artist Michael Allred (X-Statix, Madman), I, ZOMBIE is a monster of a tale with razor-sharp prose and powerful pop artistry.
Don’t miss this special debut issue launching Vertigo’s next monster hit, priced at just $1.00!

Yeah, I think Ill check that out.

Not Vertigo I guess, but when the **** is Ex Machina #50 gonna be solicited:cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"