The Official Vertigo Thread

Vertigo to release Warren Ellis's Hellblazer: Shoot under Vertigo Resurrected banner. More "off-limits" books to follow.

:awesome:

Very excited for this. Crossing my fingers for Rick Veitch's Swamp Thing meets Jesus and for the Morrison/Milligan/Jaime Hewlett Bizarre Boys.

One can only hope. If they do that, hopefully, they'll collect the last installment of his run and start collecting the other creative team runs.

Also, though I'm not sure if they'll ever publish it, James O'Barr did a Crow/Batman crossover that looks and sounds really demented. I'd love to read that.

Last edited:
One can only hope. If they do that, hopefully, they'll collect the last installment of his run and start collecting the other creative team runs.

Also, though I'm not sure if they'll ever publish it, James O'Barr did a Crow/Batman crossover that looks and sounds really demented. I'd love to read that.

Oh man if we're talking about other imprints under DC than I want the Alan Grant/Frank Quietly Lobo book.

Great news! Very happy about this. Now maybe they'll let Garth Ennis (with Kieron Dwyer )do his Preacher special on Bob and Freddy: Sexual Investigators!

DC/Vertigo, please reprint Flex Mentello. I will buy all 900 Batman books, decree that Titans: Villains for Hire is the bestest book ever while Rise of Arsenal is the greatest thing since Watchmen. Also, will never ever touch or even look at a Marvel book again.

Please, I really want this book.

hellblazer-cod-1.jpg

Vertigo to release Hellblazer: City of Demons by Si Spencer and Sean Murphy in October.

This is definitely a must buy for Murphy alone.

Yeah, Murphy is awesome. His work in Joe the Barbarian is absolutely beautiful.

Yeah, I plan on buying the JoBar trade just for Murphy's art.

Yeah, I guess Wagner was only going to do 10 issues so I'm glad with what we got.

I'm surprised he stayed on for so long. I got the impression he was the kind of guy who did a quick little run here and there and then bounced.

Hm, I wonder why Constantine is the exception? I guess he never became rooted enough in the mainstream DCU even though he started there

Well, after actually reading that link about Madame Xanadu, I've got to say I'm kind of pissed if it's cancellation is due to this whole thing of DC taking back characters or whatever. At least let Wagner finish up how he wants to and not can it early. This whole move is so stupid since all the characters Vertigo uses are those that were never going to get a damn series from the main publishing arm anyway.

Man, for that person who compared Johns and Lee becoming head of creative to the Beatles, if we ever met, I am going to kick you square in the dick, just for this right here.

So does this mean the end of the Vertigo line? Or do they just want everything to take place in the DCU?

BTW, I love Epiphany! I'm glad her role is getting even bigger in HB.

No, it won't mean the end of Vertigo line. Most of the comics that Vertigo publish are their own self-contained stuff without any ties to the DCU. All it really means is that most of the characters Vertgio borrowed from the mainstream DCU will be returned to that publishing arm.

That's some pretty great news. I like the opening line of the article, "Grab your swords and check your blood sugar...". Gave me a nice chuckle. :woot:

I recently snatched up a bunch of trades including the last 2 Criminal editions,Gotham Central Book 3 and the entire collection of Scalped.

While all were great,I don't think it's bold it all to call Scalped one of the best comics ever.

The book deserves the praise,something about it just really strikes a nerve.The dark and filthy artwork,the damaged and thoroughly fleshed out characters with all the baggage they carry...this book is an experience unlike any other in the medium.

It's a shame Unknown Soldier got the axe,the first trade was fantastic.

I don't get all the hub bub over Scalped. I read the first two arcs, and it's good...but it's certainly not my favorite Vertigo series ever.

Aside from that, I Zombie and American Vampire are an absolute delight currently, I must say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"