The Official Vertigo Thread

Is iZombie a 5 or 6 issues limited series?

Nope, I, Zombie is an ongoing.

I was kind of curious about American Vampire, but didn't pick it up. I hear pretty nothing but good about it, though, so I may pick up the trade come October.

Last edited:
Nope, I, Zombie is an ongoing.

icon14.gif

Think I will pick up I, Zombie.

Tron Bonne said:
This news kills me :(

:csad:

I think I might have to start reading that American Vampire. After some other things, first.

Sweet Tooth # 12 was freakin' awesome!!! :wow:

Lemire's artwork was absolutely amazing in this issue.

What is Sweet Tooth about? So far, what I've seen hasn't interested me, but I still don't know what it's about.

What is Sweet Tooth about? So far, what I've seen hasn't interested me, but I still don't know what it's about.

It's kind of tough to explain without spoiling the plot. Honestly, I would HIGHLY suggest picking up the first trade of it and see for yourself. It's that GOOD!

Meh. On a limited budget, rather buy something I know I'll enjoy. Rather know ahead of time.

I know what you mean. Maybe somebody else can describe it to you without the spoilers. :up:

American Vampire upsets me on a purely irrational level because Rafael Albuqeurque is drawing that and limiting himself solely to variant covers on Incorruptible, which could totally use his interior art. :csad:

American Vampire upsets me on a purely irrational level because Rafael Albuqeurque is drawing that and limiting himself solely to variant covers on Incorruptible, which could totally use his interior art. :csad:

THANK YOU! I swear that I thought I was the only one that was down on the art in Incorruptible. The story is great, which is why I'm sticking around on it, but that book seriously needs a better artist.

Peter Krause just came back on Irredeemable, which was awesome.

Yeah, Krause's art really fits Irredeemable. Incorruptible's story is losing me a bit, not only because of the art. But I'm sticking around for the time being. I'm looking forward to whenever Max and Tony's stories converge. It's gotta happen sooner or later, and we know Max will play a big role with Tony from that Irredeemable Annual story.

Anyway, back to Vertigo stuff. Northlanders' current story looks solid. I just started reading it again a couple months ago.

Anyone else read Daytripper 9? The entire series is shaping up to be one of the best of the entire year.

Speaking of good comics, I just powered through the entire Sandman and I can't believe how great the series was and how awesome Death is.

I bought it, but haven't gotten around to reading it, but I pretty much agree from the series thus far. It's one of the best comic series I can remember reading in a good while. It kind of reminds me of American Splendor in a way, not in the story itself, but just the concept of finding strangeness and complexity in pretty much everyday life.

And, yes, Death was awesome, best Death ever

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=28073

When asked about Vertigo characters like Madame Xanadu and Swamp Thing returning to the DC Universe, Sattler said there is no specific plan, but if there is a really good reason to crossover, then it will happen. He went on to cite Paul Cornell’s use of Death coming up in “Action Comics” as one of those good reasons that was well thought out and, in the case of Death, approved by the creators like Neil Gaiman.
Well, I know I for one am glad DC brought these character back not to use them

Oh, what might be either happier news, or maybe just as lukewarm news:

Asked if DC was actively working on getting Morrison and Frank Quitely’s “Flex Mentallo” reprinted, Sattler said it’s more like “passively.”

So, it seems there's been some activity, but passively seems to imply they don't consider it much of a priority (of course, maybe not, but that's the feeling I get from the word).

Last edited:
Speaking of good comics, I just powered through the entire Sandman and I can't believe how great the series was and how awesome Death is.

:up:

I went to see Neil Gaiman do a reading of "The Truth Is A Black Cave In The Mountains" in the Sydney Opera House a few weeks ago, it was amazing. He also signed my copy of Sandman Vol. 1, he was a great guy. :awesome: Just thought I'd share that.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=28073

Well, I know I for one am glad DC brought these character back not to use them

So series were cancelled just for the characters to hang around in limbo and maybe show up in some half-hearted tie-in...wonderful. :dry:

Oh, what might be either happier news, or maybe just as lukewarm news:

So, it seems there's been some activity, but passively seems to imply they don't consider it much of a priority (of course, maybe not, but that's the feeling I get from the word).

Hey the highly praised, highly sought after book which was the first Morrison/Quitely team-up remains to be a low priority, yay! :awesome:

:up:

I went to see Neil Gaiman do a reading of "The Truth Is A Black Cave In The Mountains" in the Sydney Opera House a few weeks ago, it was amazing. He also signed my copy of Sandman Vol. 1, he was a great guy. :awesome: Just thought I'd share that.

I :hrt: Neil Gaiman

Sandman was a great series and his novels have been really good

So series were cancelled just for the characters to hang around in limbo and maybe show up in some half-hearted tie-in...wonderful. :dry:
Swamp Thing hasn't had a Vertigo comic in forever and I think there are plans to use him in Brightest Day.

Swamp Thing hasn't had a Vertigo comic in forever and I think there are plans to use him in Brightest Day.

I was referring to Madame Xanadu but Swamp Thing did have a series in development and DC pulled the plug on it to bring him back to DC. Now, he's being plugged into an event that I have no interest whatsoever. Great, now even a character that has been merely on the fringes of the DC Universe can be dragged into the Green Lantern franchise and reinvent as a beige lantern.

I just think the line between the two, DC and Vertigo, is stupid. It's not like they are protecting kids or something. Brightest Day has been more brutal than Scalped and Hellblazer.

Where did you hear that? The link I posted was from yesterday, and they specifically say in that quote there's no 'specific plans' for any of the characters DC brought back over.

And, really, would Swamp Thing have been used that much eve if Vertigo had never claimed him and disconnected him from the DCU more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"