The Official will.i.am/John Wraith Discussion Thread

They'll save Fergie for Dazzler in a future X-film :):p

Lookwise, I like will.i.am for the role. Hopefully he can bring it (acting-wise).

I honesly wouldn't be surprised if her name was tossed around. That reminds me of the awful Jessica Simpson as Dazzler casting rumors for X-Men 3.

hmm...i guess all that's left is maverick and that brother wolverine has(not dog logan).

I wonder if he'll bring Fergie and her magical mutant power of pissing her pants with him.

jag

He's a great force in music, imo, so hopefully he'll be a great force in acting as well. I won't judge 'till I see his scenes. :p

Exactly. I don't think many of us are really well-acquainted with him as an actor.

WTF? will.i.am?:huh:

The Hollywood Reporter claims he's not playing Kestrel though. I'm thinking they got Wraith and John Wraith mixed up.

Good guys, bad guy join 'Wolverine'
By Borys Kit

Feb 20, 2008

Danny Huston, Taylor Kitsch, will.i.am and Lynn Collins have joined the cast of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," Fox's "X-Men" spinoff starring Hugh Jackman.

Ryan Reynolds is making a cameo in the tentpole film being directed by Gavin Hood.

"Wolverine," set 17 years before the "X-Men" movies, traces the origins of the popular mutant superhero.

Huston, who most recently appeared in "30 Days of Night," is playing Stryker, the military general who subjected Wolverine to the experiment that laced his bones with an unbreakable metal called adamantium. Brian Cox played the character in "X2: X-Men United."

Kitsch, one of the stars of NBC's "Friday Night Lights," is playing Gambit, a Cajun thief whose powers include the manipulation of kinetic energy, which allows him to use card-throwing to deadly effect.

Will.i.am, frontman of hip-hop group the Black Eyed Peas, will play Wraith, a mutant with the power to turn himself translucent.

Collins ("The Number 23") will play as Kayla Silverfox, Wolverine's lover and a member of Team X, a superpowered covert ops team.

Reynolds, onscreen in "Definitely, Maybe," will appear as Deadpool, a wisecracking mercenary.

Liev Schreiber already has been cast as Victor Creed, a mutant with bestial superpowers who also is known as Sabretooth.

Production began this month in New Zealand before moving to Australia. A New Orleans shoot also is on the docket. Fox is releasing the film everywhere May 1, 2009.

David Benioff wrote the screenplay. Lauren Shuler Donner and Ralph Winter are producing, along with Jackman and his Seed Prods. producing partner, John Palermo. Marvel Films' Kevin Feige is executive producing.

Huston is repped by ICM and Evolution Entertainment, Kitsch is repped by Endeavor and Untitled, and will.i.am is repped by Paradigm. Collins is repped by Endeavor and 3 Arts Entertainment, while Reynolds is repped UTA and attorney David Weber.
Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3id5388aa9b5187ee778f16d3a92b9c4de

I liked Black Eyed Peas back in the day...but Will.i.am in a Wolverine movie? doesnt sound good..hopefully its not too big a part.

black eyed peas were great in the late 90s, early 2000s

Is Kestrel or Wraith even a significant comic book character?

-TNC

Well at least this is better casting news than Xzibit in the upcoming X-files movie. :dry:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fox, get rid of him.

I really think we ought to give this fellow a chance. At least until we see how much acting ability he has.

83018kestrel400tn3.jpg

shut up! just shut up shut up

:(

"I mix your milk with my mutant puff,
Milky, milky mutant -
Mix your milk with my mutant puff,
Milky, milky right."

:csad:

How the hell did he get hired, there are actual good black actors that FOX can hire, he probably agreed to make the soundtrack for free, lol?

That has to be the reason . It's more for publicity. They should of called Ludacris.

That was a joke right?

Actors belong in movies. Not rappers or musicians for that matter.

-TL

Yes, but Luda is a good actor. :)

Ugh, i hate the Black Eyed Peas. None of them should ever be near anything that has something to do with the X-men. I wonder who's **** he sucked to get this role. There are so many good actors out there, why him?:huh:

Ugh, i hate the Black Eyed Peas. None of them should ever be near anything that has something to do with the X-men. I wonder who's **** he sucked to get this role. There are so many good actors out there, why him?:huh:

Yeah, not to mention this is his first movie.. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"