The Official will.i.am/John Wraith Discussion Thread

he seems to have the look, i'll give him that

I honesly wouldn't be surprised if her name was tossed around. That reminds me of the awful Jessica Simpson as Dazzler casting rumors for X-Men 3.

And she was going to have a duet with Hugh Jackman. Remember that rumor too? :wow:

Wraith was Team X teleporter if I remember correctley. I got some back issues somewhere with him in.

can he actually act?
i mean there are a lot of singers who cant act.

I hope he can act. I can see why some black actors get angery that rappers can just get roles while a lot of young black actors out drama school and others who have trained for the profession can't.

JP, Luda is a good actor???

Your standards are horrible.

-TL

Watch Crash or his arc in Law & Order: SVU.

Just because Ludacris was a rapper doesn't mean he can't act. Maybe Will.i.am will turn out to be the same.

This movie is slowly but surely becoming a cluster ****. All these "cameos" or whatever they are are starting to get me worried.

Right. And he was killed by Sabretooth. That could make for an interesting scene.

Now I'm actually excited that he's in the film. Seeing Sabretooth rip the guy from Black Eye Peas to shreds sounds like good cinema to me. Get the rest of that group in this film. :up:

jag

he seems to have the look, i'll give him that

Only because he's black.:o

They could have picked any number of black actors for this role yet they as usual pick a stupid rap/hip hop performer.

When will this 'it's cool' to have rappers and hip hop artists in your movie trend die?!

This movie is slowly but surely becoming a cluster ****. All these "cameos" or whatever they are are starting to get me worried.

it's called a supporting cast.

this isn't x-men 3, where we already had a huge main cast of characters, and they threw in all these extra characters that didn't get proper screen time. it's just wolverine in this movie, so i'm all for as many characters and cameos as is managable.

I don't know what to make of this - while it's great that John Wraith is in this movie (one of the best and most under-rated characters to come out of the '90s) and it's the black mutant version from 616, Will.i.am is hardly a safe choice. Personally, I always wanted Samuel L. Jackson for Wraith. I can just imagine Jackson speaking Wraith's dialogue.

THUG: Ya threw a bullet at me?
WRAITH: Not just ANY bullet. That's a hot-load .45 ACP with an alloy jacket around a depleted uranium core swimming in mercury. It makes an EXIT WOUND the size of a deep dish chicken pot pie... and the NEXT one comes at you a lot FASTER.

this isn't x-men 3, where we already had a huge main cast of characters, and they threw in all these extra characters that didn't get proper screen time. it's just wolverine in this movie, so i'm all for as many characters and cameos as is managable.
Thank you. I mean Spider-man had Spider-man, Green Goblin, Ben Parker, May Parker, Harry Osborn, Mary Jane, Flash Thompson, JJ. Jameson, those guys Osborn worked for, the "I Kid You Not" guy. My god was that movie crowded!

Anyway, I'm less bothered by the casting (I'm all for giving people a shot. I'm not prejudist.), and more by Wraith's change of power. :huh:

This casting is interesting. Will has the look of 616 Wraith down, so I guess that's good. But how big is the role? Wraith was never a very wordy character, so Will.I.Am may not really have to do much but look the part.

Where the hell is the maverick casting? You gotta have maverick dammit.

That's what I want to know too. David North (Maverick/Agent Zero) is one of my absolute fav Marvel characters.

THUG: Ya threw a bullet at me?

WRAITH: Not just ANY bullet. That's a hot-load .45 ACP with an alloy jacket around a depleted uranium core swimming in mercury. It makes an EXIT WOUND the size of a deep dish chicken pot pie... and the NEXT one comes at you a lot FASTER.

That was a great exchange. 616 Wraith was a cool character. Really annoyed me how Tieri killed him in Wolverine. John rejoining Weapon X and setting up Maverick seemed out of character.

A supporting cast is one thing, but this is becoming a bit much. Gambit is a perfect example. WTF purpose does having Gambit in this movie serve? None whatsoever. Now it seems they're pulling in oddball casting choices like the Will.i.am. The reason this sort of thing worries me is because a move like this reeks of Avi. We don't need another Spider-Man 3 fiasco here where a character is pushed on a director simply because Avi Arad wants to cram as many familiar faces in as possible.

BobJM,

I've seen Crash, Hustle & Flow, 2 Fast 2 Furious, and its all unimpressive crap.

Crash was great, but that greatness had nothing to do with him. Terence Howard is always the better actor - even when he's playing the rapper.

-TL

That was a great exchange. 616 Wraith was a cool character. Really annoyed me how Tieri killed him in Wolverine. John rejoining Weapon X and setting up Maverick seemed out of character.
I completely agree. Poor John Wraith, the first issue anyone besides Larry Hama handled the character and, Tieri goes and turns Wraith into a sell-out coward. I hope they abandon that poor piece of writing for the movie.

Sabretooth is gonna do the same thing to Wraith that he did to Silver Fox.

He's gonna rape him and then rip out his throat.

-TL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"