Days of Future Past The Official X-Men: Days of Future Past Merchandise

jonathancrane

I love Marvel, DC & EC!
Reaction score
I checked the forum and did not see a thread for the merchandise of what is shaping up to be a magnificent film.

To kick off the thread, I'll provide my two wishes for what I would like to see on the market.

# 1. A 12" model of one of the Sentinel from the film. Chances are, there is not going to be a figure line, but, I hope they could at least release a nice replica of one of the Sentinels for the standard figure market and not the premiere (I do not want to pay in the three digits.)

#2. A Collector Card Line. They had them for the three films and I have been collecting them. I really, really, really want a costume card line; I just picked up a Jean Grey card from X1, and am putting money back for a Professor X one I found on a different website. Fox, if you are reading this, please, please, please release a card line.

Anyone else have any wishes or discoveries?

With GOTG arriving in theaters just two weeks after DOFP, I can't see Disney/Marvel signing off on any substantial movie tie-ins for this film. Unless, of course, FOX signs an agreement with Marvel to compensate them for sharing shelf space that would have been reserved for Rocket plush toys and Groot action figures.

#2. A Collector Card Line. They had them for the three films and I have been collecting them. I really, really, really want a costume card line; I just picked up a Jean Grey card from X1, and am putting money back for a Professor X one I found on a different website. Fox, if you are reading this, please, please, please release a card line.

Yes, this! They had a card line for XMO as well. The only one they didn't do a card set for was FC. I love those card sets, I hope they do one for DOFP (and The Wolverine, while we're at it). :up:

We'll have to wait and see but I will believe there will be merchdise for this film when I
see It.We got nothing for First Class besides posters from film,and mostly bad ones too,
and not much for the Wolverine.

I think it's sad that Marvel is treating X-men like a red-headed step child. Considering Feige used to work for Shuller-Donner and the glut of comic book movies right now owe it to the these films, I think it's kind of petty.

In the perfect world, there would be a new videogame next year, hundreds of sponsorship deals around the world, lots of action figures w/ the costumes of DOFP, toys, customized 3D glasses, t-shirts, novelization, etc...

Marvel would only do this if FOX pays them. Sony did that with Spider-Man so TASM would have merchandises.

I think it's sad that Marvel is treating X-men like a red-headed step child. Considering Feige used to work for Shuller-Donner and the glut of comic book movies right now owe it to the these films, I think it's kind of petty.

What would you do if you were an executive at Disney or Marvel Studios?
By all accounts Ike Perlmutter and Ari Avad signed off on a terribly lopsided "in perpetuity" deal with FOX back in the 90s in which Marvel received just a couple of percentage points of the box office profits for the X-Men films. And given "studio accounting", this likely results in licensing revenues that look like bookkeepping errors on the Disney 10Ks.

The only "stick" that Disney/Marvel has to bring FOX back to the negotiating table is film tie-ins - while Ike and Ari gave away the farm in terms of box office participation, Marvel kept control over merchandising. So no movie tie-in t-shirts or action figures or other licensed merchandise for FOX movies so long as the current agreement stands.

We've seen Marvel and Sony reach a reasonable solution regarding Spider-man. Disney recently paid $278 million for Sony's share of the Spider-man merchandising joint venture set up back in 1999 and gave up their small participation in the Spider-man films. Sony also gave up Spidey animation rights, and recently gave up the rights to Ghost Rider well before they were contractually obligated to do so. Disney/Marvel gave their full support to the Spider-man reboot, flooding stores with related merchandise.

While Sony decided to play ball, FOX chose not to do so by holding onto the Daredevil rights until last possible moment as well as refusing Marvel's request to use the Silver Surfer and Galactus in MCU films. Using Quicksilver in a film a year before the Avengers sequel probably isn't helping relations between the two studios either.

There's certainly a deal to be made on FF film rights and X-Men merchandise, and I think FOX has to make one in order for DOFP to get the type of box office returns people on this board are expecting. The film is going to have very strong competition in GOTG, and it would be in the studios best interests to make a deal if FOX doesn't want DOFP to continue the X-Men movie box office decline they have experienced since 2006.

You keep saying the X-Men has been In decline since 2006 but the Last Stand was highest grossing film In series.Despite mixed reaction from fans and critics.And a wolverine Solo
film was never going to do as well as X2 and last stand.wolverine solo books often sell less than X-Men books.Wolverine Is popular character but he tends to be more sucessful as part of X-Men than on his own.

Sony made the deal giving Disney what they wanted short of turning over film rights since Sony needed SPider-man due to finacial problems.

a lot of people here expect fox just to give Disney whatever they want.But,Fox has to get something out of deal.

There Is already bad blood between Disney and Fox.Disney killed George Lucas' 3-d rereleases of Star Wars.Come 2015 don't expect DVDs and Blurays of past Star wars
films In stores If Disney continues to try to kill X-Men and FF films.Come 2020 the distribution rights to Episodes 1-3,5,and 6 will go to Disney but Fox will keep episode 4.
That means there will never be complete set of OT again.

Fox wants to relaunch a FF film franchise.Giving up Galactus and Silver surfer would have been stupid on Fox's part.

Disney showed no Intrest In marvel till Fox with X-Men and Sony with Spider-man revived comic book movie genre.Those 2 franchises Is what allowed marvel to start their own
film company.Even when X-Men Origins;wolverine came out It wasn't treated like First Class,and The Wolverine were.

Bryan Singer has every right to use quicksilver In DOFP If he wants.

Iron Man 3 Is prime example why I don't like Disney having control of marvel Universe.

Why would audiences be concerned about BDs of past Star Wars films when they just released a BD box set (or sets, if bought separately) not too long ago?

You keep saying the X-Men has been In decline since 2006 but the Last Stand was highest grossing film In series.Despite mixed reaction from fans and critics.And a wolverine Solo
film was never going to do as well as X2 and last stand.wolverine solo books often sell less than X-Men books.Wolverine Is popular character but he tends to be more sucessful as part of X-Men than on his own.

I said the franchise has been in decline since 2006. Which is correct.

a lot of people here expect fox just to give Disney whatever they want.But,Fox has to get something out of deal.

Of course, I didn't say otherwise.

Fox wants to relaunch a FF film franchise.Giving up Galactus and Silver surfer would have been stupid on Fox's part.

No question, if that is what FOX really wants to do. Looking at the high cost of doing a new FF film and the limited market based on the prior two films, I'm guessing FOX would prefer a check from Disney over taking on that risk.

The only way I can see a deal being made on FF Is It becomes co-production
between Fox and Disney.One of them distribtes It domesticlly,and other
distributes It foreignly.Fox puts up production costs while Disney merchidzes It
and crossover rights for certain characters are neograted on.

With X-Men the only deal I can see made Is Fox gives Disney more cuts for profits from film In exchange for Disney to merchdize.Provided Scarlet Witch Isn't
In film a deal could be made fox has quicksilver and gives up Scarlet witch to
Disney as long as she Isn't called a mutant.And Disney pushed back release of GotG a couple of weeks.

Why would audiences be concerned about BDs of past Star Wars films when they just released a BD box set (or sets, if bought separately) not too long ago?

Because they only released the special editions of the movies. Fans (myself included) would like to have the original versions of the films available on blu-ray as well.

Hopes are now that Disney owns Lucasfilm, they'll be able to get those versions out on blu-ray.

For what it's worth, I found the first of the new Wolverine stuff in Toys R Us today.

wtoys_zpsbcd6512e.jpg

They also had Nerf version of the claws that you can wear between your fingers.

Because they only released the special editions of the movies. Fans (myself included) would like to have the original versions of the films available on blu-ray as well.

Hopes are now that Disney owns Lucasfilm, they'll be able to get those versions out on blu-ray.

Fair enough.

I had forgotten they had not included the original versions on the BD ( I own the two disc set containing the pre-modified and modified versions.)

Fair enough.

I had forgotten they had not included the original versions on the BD ( I own the two disc set containing the pre-modified and modified versions.)

Those only came out on DVD, and they were crappy transfers. Fans want them remastered on blu-ray. :up:

For what it's worth, I found the first of the new Wolverine stuff in Toys R Us today.

The Wolverine electronic battle claws back were a Christmas gift to my son back around the time of the XMO:W release. The claws back then were movie tie-ins, with a brown and black color scheme and a portrait of Jackman in action on the box. Sticking with the comic book colors for these claws may allow Marvel to circumvent sending FOX a share of profits from film related merchandising, which certainly won't help alleviate the current tension between the two studios.

Last edited:

I'd like those too, but unless I misunderstood, I could have sworn I heard FOX might have a stake in the Original releases of the OT.

Its been a while since I ventured and posted in the SW forums---although I did visit/post a couple things in the Sequels/Spin-Off sections, but I remember it coming up here and there leading up to the Blu-Ray release IIRC---unless I'm mixing up sites I frequent, which I might LOL.

cool stuff

I like that "XMDOFP" and the red X.

and I like the font too, I think its the Spiderman one font, but still cool. Has a mainstream vibe :D

I want an Wolverine Origins style figure line from Hasbro. PLEASE! We need another decent figure line from Hasbro and not the kind of line we are getting for The Wolverine.

If Hot Toys (sp?) makes some figures for this film, with characters (and costumes) that i like, I might pick that up.

It really is time for Toy Biz, ahem, Hasbro to go back to the glory days of Marvel Legends style figures. None of these midget sized toys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"