Days of Future Past The Official X-Men: First Class Box Office Discussion Thread! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only real bummer is that the movie didn't quite reach it's production budget. Being at $145m though isn't too bad. Then considering it's $350m worldwide total and there really is no cause for alarm.

Even using the ole 'net adage of 2x budget XM:FC is a win/win pre DVD sales and any other secondary profit lines.

This is FOX, the studio who picked up the Narnia series based on the strength of its global brand. They are looking at doing another despite how it performed domestically to budget(hint worse than the $15m spread for XM:FC). The X-Men performed well overseas and once production gets started on The Wolverine this Fall I fully expect talk of Second Class to start. The timing is great cause then DVD #'s will have begun coming in, which I expect will be good as well.
I can see the press release:

I could see that as a type of mock-up in any variety of online outlets.

...unless they were planning on filming in Sendai or the rural villages of Tohoku, the tsunami would have had no effect on production. A little offtopic but I just felt I needed to clear that up as a local resident ;P

Also the budget was stated to be 135 after tax breaks. So they did meet their budget, ticket-sales-wise (though they don't see 100% of that).

The only real bummer is that the movie didn't quite reach it's production budget. Being at $145m though isn't too bad. Then considering it's $350m worldwide total and there really is no cause for alarm.

Even using the ole 'net adage of 2x budget XM:FC is a win/win pre DVD sales and any other secondary profit lines.

Plus X-Men: First Class was a prequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back