Days of Future Past 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to find out which characters people went to the cinema to see, and which they liked most. At the moment, we are just guessing. I'll ask my friends who they found most appealing.

Well based on my friends and family, who arent that big on the X-Men films (I think they feel they have to like them because of me >:D ) Most of them were like :O "I wish there was more of the bit with Storm and Magneto. And what happens in the future!".

Then because there was such a huge cheer for Cyclops and Jean's return at the end clearly showed me at least that even though Cyc has been minimal in these films, people were happy for Marsden's return, and to me that means they would welcome another OT film or their involvement at least.

I think because people expected Fass, McAvoy and Laurence they didn't really have the investment in them that they had for when the future was actually changed. Regardless of who you think is a better Xavier or Magneto, it was McKellan and Stewart that started it and so people naturally want to see what happens to the "original" characters that have returned after such a long time.

FOX would be kinda crazy to me to not capitalize on the fact the crowd still like the OC. People even liked the fact Halle seemed more fierce in this and cut her some slack! People cut HALLE slack! if that doesn't tell you that they want more of the OT I don't know what does hahaha

Well based on my friends and family, who arent that big on the X-Men films (I think they feel they have to like them because of me >:D ) Most of them were like :O "I wish there was more of the bit with Storm and Magneto. And what happens in the future!".

Then because there was such a huge cheer for Cyclops and Jean's return at the end clearly showed me at least that even though Cyc has been minimal in these films, people were happy for Marsden's return, and to me that means they would welcome another OT film or their involvement at least.

I think because people expected Fass, McAvoy and Laurence they didn't really have the investment in them that they had for when the future was actually changed. Regardless of who you think is a better Xavier or Magneto, it was McKellan and Stewart that started it and so people naturally want to see what happens to the "original" characters that have returned after such a long time.

FOX would be kinda crazy to me to not capitalize on the fact the crowd still like the OC. People even liked the fact Halle seemed more fierce in this and cut her some slack! People cut HALLE slack! if that doesn't tell you that they want more of the OT I don't know what does hahaha

Yep... I agree with all of this.

My friends and family were actually interested in an X-Men movie this year. The first time they showed any interest since 2006.

They are quite nostalgic about the original trilogy cast and left mainly talking about them.

That's not to discredit what McAvoy and Fassbender bought to the movie, but I have no doubt the hype for this movie developed due to the original cast members.

$1,840,000 (Estimate) -44.6%

X3 made
$920,542 -58.3%

so almost 1m more?? what's the current gap with X3 now? just 4m?

The movie still hasn't hit dollar theaters yet, unless it just starts falling super hard I'd say it's a lock to make over 230mil. Some people need to stop panicking at every drop during the weekdays and just let the movie do it's thing. The time for panicking has passed, it's doing okay now.

comparing it to past Memorial weekends, on that boxofficemojo showdown, all those movie did 4m more in next weeks, so since Dofp is doing better than 3 of those movies, it will get 231m at least. 232 is possible too.

The question would be if it will stay on theatres more weeks than X3 or just the same

Domestic: $227,070,000 31.3%
+ Foreign: $497,628,000 68.7%
= Worldwide: $724,698,000

Domestic: $227,070,000 31.3%
+ Foreign: $497,628,000 68.7%
= Worldwide: $724,698,000

Winter Soldier Is only MS film that beats DOFP that doesn't star Robert Downey JR.

Intresting on future Marvel films

The Amazing Spider-man 3 may be pushed back to summer 2017 from june 2016 date.Speculation Is the Sinister Six will get the present listed june 2016 slot.It defently looks like Dr Strange may be the july 2016 MS film.

Provided audences respond well to Guardians of the galexy a sequel to that and Thor 3 are likely to be the may and july 2017 MS films.

Some speculation Is Venom will get the may 2018 slot reserved for ASM4.And conisdering the success of 22 Jump street and the high profile casting of
Channing tatum as Gambit a Gambit solo film Is a possibly for mystery Fox marvel film set for July 13 2018.Of course we also know third avengers is undoudtly coming may 2018.

just 2.4m to reach 500m, awesome! :D

Per theater average is higher than last weekend.

I hope it doesn't continue to shed off huge amount of theatres. Would be nice if it gets to stay above 1,000 theatres for the next couple of weeks.

725 million........

three fourths of a billion

229 domestic - purto rico
= 227 domestic

497 international

Amazing:

227 domestic includes Puerto Rico....

either way, very
HAPPY

227 making me mad though, so fricken close to X3. I wish Fox would re-market the trailers and Tv spots as a see it one more time, to bump it past X3. Dont want to hear X3 s the highest grossing Xmen film for two years.

Is that something you hear often?

I'm assuming the new goal now is 230 domestic and 500 international?

It'll cross 500 international tomorrow or Tuesday. So the next "goal" would be passing ASM2's 503... 230 is also pretty locked domestically.

740 WW seems like the ultimate goal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"