Days of Future Past The Official X-Men: First Class Box Office Discussion Thread! - Part 2

The only real bummer is that the movie didn't quite reach it's production budget. Being at $145m though isn't too bad. Then considering it's $350m worldwide total and there really is no cause for alarm.

Even using the ole 'net adage of 2x budget XM:FC is a win/win pre DVD sales and any other secondary profit lines.

Plus X-Men: First Class was a prequel.

Angamb said:
thanks por updating, elec.

on other news, Marvel and Disney have just announced two big movies for 2014, one in May and one for July.

Another big movie for May, along with Amazing Spiderman 2....

Fox, What are U waiting???????????????????????????????

May is a great month!!! make the announcement before all the other studios choose a May release too!

I think FOX should give X4 or Second Class a July 2014 release date!

Plus X-Men: First Class was a prequel.

I think FOX should give X4 or Second Class a July 2014 release date!

I want to see a good Fantastic Four reboot by 2014. I wouldn't mind if X-men:FC sequel is delayed for that.

First Class is having pretty good legs right now, better than X1, X3 and Wolverine.

If it continues this way, it will add +2millions domestically.

First Class is having pretty good legs right now, better than X1, X3 and Wolverine.

If it continues this way, it will add +2millions domestically.

It's getting help because of Rise of the apes. Studios usually add some of the grosses from their big boxoffice hit to a movie that needs some more pushing at the BO.

It's getting help because of Rise of the apes. Studios usually add some of the grosses from their big boxoffice hit to a movie that needs some more pushing at the BO.

This.... makes no sense.....

Even if they were doing this, and were using earnings from another movie to help out a struggling one, it seems much more likely that it would be done internally. I doubt they've rigged the computers at theatres to read "1 X-Men First Class" for every 50 Planet of the Apes tickets. Doing well at the box office doesn't inspire people to go out and see the movie that's doing well. Fox would have nothing to gain from slotting POTA numbers over to XMFC.

This.... makes no sense.....

Even if they were doing this, and were using earnings from another movie to help out a struggling one, it seems much more likely that it would be done internally. I doubt they've rigged the computers at theatres to read "1 X-Men First Class" for every 50 Planet of the Apes tickets. Doing well at the box office doesn't inspire people to go out and see the movie that's doing well. Fox would have nothing to gain from slotting POTA numbers over to XMFC.

Ofcourse, they don't rig computers. Theatre owners report their numbers to fox, which in turn submits the numbers to boxoffice websites. I just know that a particular studio's movie gets either a considerable bump or has a very low drop when another movie from the same studio releases and has a great opening weekend.

Disney, Paramount, WB, Fox, Universal....they all do it. They fudge numbers of previous films that they feel needs an extra push.

For example, ROTPOTA and X-men might have actually grossed $54.9 million and 0.2 million respectively last weekend, but fox sends the enterainment outlets numbers that show Apes grossing 54.8 million and x-men 0.3 million. Studios do this all the time.

Last edited:
Ofcourse, they don't rig computers. Theatre owners report their numbers to fox, which in turn submits the numbers to boxoffice websites. I just know that a particular studio's movie gets either a considerable bump or has a very low drop when another movie from the same studio releases and has a great opening weekend.

Disney, Paramount, WB, Fox, Universal....they all do it. They fudge numbers of previous films that they feel needs an extra push.

For example, ROTPOTA and X-men might have actually grossed $54.9 million and 0.2 million respectively last weekend, but fox sends the enterainment outlets numbers that show Apes grossing 54.8 million and x-men 0.3 million. Studios do this all the time.

But it still begs the question, what can they stand to gain by fudging numbers?

But it still begs the question, what can they stand to gain by fudging numbers?

I don't know...push the movie past a certain number. Instead of struggling to reach 145 million, make it pass that by fudging numbers. It's all studio politics and keeping investors happy etc.

Where's your evidence that this is happening?

Movie is done-zo at the box office. I win!

Except it's not. . . In the last three weeks it's been so consistent in bringing in 50k daily, and this pass weekend it actually was UP in % instead of dropping.

It'll probably finish at $146, or even $147.

Well at least it sold more than $145 million at the domestic box-office!

It almost tripled its opening weekend which is really good!

If the movie continues with good legs like this week, it could end with more than $146m..

would be great to add two more millions...

we'll see

Except it's not. . . In the last three weeks it's been so consistent in bringing in 50k daily, and this pass weekend it actually was UP in % instead of dropping.

It'll probably finish at $146, or even $147.

$146 is still closest to my $145. I win:o:cmad:

It's kinda sad that First Class only NOW found its groove in theaters. Better late then never? :dry:

It should have asked Stella how she did it.

Captain America is getting help from Rise of the Apes because my ticket said "Captain America" yet I walked in to see Apes instead. :cwink:

weekend estimates:

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

First Class isnt in the top 50!

did FC dissapeared from the theatres now of a sudden or what???

what the hell is happening with boxofficemojo?

I dont understand it

It's possible that Fox just hasn't reported the weekend estimate, and will wait until Monday to report the actual weekend take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"