Days of Future Past The Official X-Men: First Class Box Office Discussion Thread! - Part 2

There's no direct quote confirming the sequel, but it looks promising.

Efforts by 20th Century Fox, owned by the News Corporation, to restart its “X-Men” and “Planet of the Apes” franchises were particularly impressive. Fox took creative risks with “X-Men: First Class” and “Rise of the Planet of the Apes,” and it was rewarded with hits that will spawn sequels.

“The lesson for us is that different and original is always hard and always a risk but has great upside,” said Tom Rothman, co-chairman of Fox Filmed Entertainment. “While both of those films had genetic material in common with their original franchises, both were very, very original pieces.” Notably, “First Class” and “Rise” received some of the summer’s best reviews.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/05/b...nce-continues-to-erode.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

Definitely sounds promising. I'm happy that FOX took some chances and believe that it paid off. There was always a little fear that the numbers First Class achieved would spur them on in the opposite direction. Hopefully we'll never see another XO:W again.

Definitely sounds promising. I'm happy that FOX took some chances and believe that it paid off. There was always a little fear that the numbers First Class achieved would spur them on in the opposite direction. Hopefully we'll never see another XO:W again.

I think there was a lot of fear, actually. Especially considering how mum they've been on the whole thing.

I think we may just see another Wolverine, in the form of Wolverine 2. Despite how much I loathed XOW, when I learned that the director behind Black Swan would be helming W2 I was definitely interested. But now the director and the screenwriter have changed and production keeps getting pushed back and it just seems like a sign. They're gambling with W2 because though the first one made money it was poorly received by audiences and reviewers alike, and those same people may not be so keen on watching them screw up another Wolvy movie. But with "Second Class" they know they've revived interest in the series and a sequel would definitely make way more money, perhaps even become the highest-grossing X-Men film. To me it's a no-brainer, but I'm sure there are a lot of politics going on at FOX that make it way more complicated. :/

HAHA I knew somehow Tom Rothman would squirm his way into this.

I agree. Hopefully they've learned from past mistakes.

Last edited:
X-Men first Class took them back to X-Men and X2 days.We are almost certainly getting a
first Class sequel.Now let's hope the rewrites to the Wolverine aren't too major.

The bigger question now Is how much longer after The Wolverine will we get a full X-Men
film.I certently am looking forward to The Wolverine but I really waiting for another full
X Team film.

X-Men first Class took them back to X-Men and X2 days.We are almost certainly getting a
first Class sequel.Now let's hope the rewrites to the Wolverine aren't too major.

The bigger question now Is how much longer after The Wolverine will we get a full X-Men
film.I certently am looking forward to The Wolverine but I really waiting for another full
X Team film.

2 years is very possible if FOX rushes it again.

I'm far more interested in a X-Men: First Class sequel than anymore solo wolverine movies.

I'm far more interested in a X-Men: First Class sequel than anymore solo wolverine movies.

Wolverine used to be one of my favorite characters but as of now I have zero interest in another solo movie.

Intresting tibit comparing first Class to other superhero films.Thor bear X-men both
domesticly and overseas.But while Captain america beat first Class at States(with
174 million to First Class's 146 Million) overseas first Class did better(206 Million VS
Cap's 186 Million)

And of course X-men beat Green Lantern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"