Days of Future Past 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 4

It might be out next month or after The Maze Runner opened. :(

And speaking of The Maze Runner, I just saw on TV that it got an IMAX release! Ugh! Really Fox?! And why didn't DOFP get an IMAX release?!

It was mentioned that Fox and IMAX have issues not too long ago. Think either on Comingsoon or AMC movie talk. But they said they couldn't speak more on the subject.

DOFP is obviously the kind of film that should be marketed and presented there. So something was up.

Last edited:
It might be out next month or after The Maze Runner opened. :(

And speaking of The Maze Runner, I just saw on TV that it got an IMAX release! Ugh! Really Fox?! And why didn't DOFP get an IMAX release?!

Yeah I saw that too! I was like, wut...:o

Make up with IMAX Fox, like tonight.

67.1%. Biggest drop so far :(

And here's a recent article from CinemaBlend about Fox's "desperate" plan for DOFp to become the highest grossing X-Men film in North America:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/X-Me...ecome-Series-Highest-Grossing-Film-67098.html

Good article. I'm glad we're not the only ones obsessed with DoFP meeting this important benchmark.

New total: $233.7 million.

Anyone how it's determined how long a movie will be in theaters? Pretty sure after this weekend, it'll be up to $233.8 million. So it may have a slight chance. Just depends much time it has left.

I'd imagine that Fox would want to keep it in theaters until it reaches the goal. According to Box Office.com, there is no theater count change this week so if it performs like last week ($208,821), then it could pass TLS in 3 weeks. Fox would likely pull the film as soon as it does.

Good article. I'm glad we're not the only ones obsessed with DoFP meeting this important benchmark.

I'd imagine that Fox would want to keep it in theaters until it reaches the goal. According to Box Office.com, there is no theater count change this week so if it performs like last week ($208,821), then it could pass TLS in 3 weeks. Fox would likely pull the film as soon as it does.

And apparently, which I didn't know, the studio is the one who decides when to pull a film from theaters. So yeah, Fox could let this play long enough to ensure it passes X3 :D

^ Well if thats true lets hope they keep it going until it beats TLS. We re so close now. it would be a shame not to.

^ Well if thats true lets hope they keep it going until it beats TLS. We re so close now. it would be a shame not to.

It's true. I tweeted ray Subers from boxofficemojo.com. He said its the studios decision. Arbitrary is how he described it.

I checked boxoffice.com and it is not showing a projection for this weekend. Do think Fox decided to pull it out effectively making us all throw in the the towel?

Fox have made enough that maybe they ain't obsessing over whether it can match X3

I checked boxoffice.com and it is not showing a projection for this weekend. Do think Fox decided to pull it out effectively making us all throw in the the towel?

No I don't think they pulled it. Just wait until tomorrow for projections

Fox have made enough that maybe they ain't obsessing over whether it can match X3

It's the marketing department that wants this little victory. If the film beat's TLS's total box office revenue then they will be able to market this as the most successful X-Men film in the domestic market's history.

We are 650k away from TLS. IF i was FOX i would give away 500k worth of tickets to schools / whatever and BOOM ! Achievement unlocked ! surely this movie can make another 150k by its own.

Looks like fox is just reporting actuals now. No more estimates

70,7k for the 3day weekend.

233.783.836 for the total.

That means we are 578.263 $ away from the record.

Sadly we need a major theater count expansion since it unlikely for the movie to be in theaters for much longer. So close dammit!

I dont want to give up. we re so close. its a shame. PLZ FOX just give away 500k worth of tickets !!!!

It's being released digitally a week from today. I think it's safe to say the theater run is over at this point.

It's being released digitally a week from today. I think it's safe to say the theater run is over at this point.

Yeah, looks like it may get close to $234 million; but not outgrossing X3

And now it's #2 WW cbm of the year(and #4 overall) as GotG just passed it with China's help by a couple million.

XMen can never be #1 movie of the year it seems, oh well.... But hey, at least we can say our franchise keeps growing year after year, even if we'd love to see having a bigger impact, but we cant have it all, so it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"