Days of Future Past The Official X-Men: First Class Box Office Discussion Thread! - Part 2

People should stop with this whole X4 crap. It's going to cost $$$ to get the cast back. Yes, I agree that Patrick Stewart, James Marsden and Famke Jannsen won't be returning if they are making a true sequel to X3. But it will still be an expensive flick.

Now, if they completely ignore X3 and get back all the cast members, I am sorry it's going to cost a fortune to sign up the actors for a new film.

I would suggest Fox to make a sequel to this movie on a $130-140 million budget. I can guarantee, it will easily gross $410+ million worldwide.

People should stop with this whole X4 crap. It's going to cost $$$ to get the cast back. Yes, I agree that Patrick Stewart, James Marsden and Famke Jannsen won't be returning if they are making a true sequel to X3. But it will still be an expensive flick.

Now, if they completely ignore X3 and get back all the cast members, I am sorry it's going to cost a fortune to sign up the actors for a new film.

I would suggest Fox to make a sequel to this movie on a $130-140 million budget. I can guarantee, it will easily gross $410+ million worldwide.

Wasn't the storyline for X3 for Xavier that he inhabited the body of his braindead twin brother? I don't know, I never stayed long enough in theatres to watch the credits or the post-credits scene. I thought I read that somewhere on the net...

But if it is not in fact his twin brother, then Patrick Stewart would have no reason to return... and no one could play aged Xavier better than him. :/

But then if it IS Stewart, they need to scrounge together the money for him, Ian McKellan, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Hugh Jackman plus probably some other big name to shake it up or play the villain or something. That'd probably be a lot of money.

Wasn't the storyline for X3 for Xavier that he inhabited the body of his braindead twin brother? I don't know, I never stayed long enough in theatres to watch the credits or the post-credits scene. I thought I read that somewhere on the net...

But if it is not in fact his twin brother, then Patrick Stewart would have no reason to return... and no one could play aged Xavier better than him. :/

But then if it IS Stewart, they need to scrounge together the money for him, Ian McKellan, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Hugh Jackman plus probably some other big name to shake it up or play the villain or something. That'd probably be a lot of money.

If I were in the audience for X4 and this was the explanation given for how the Professor didn't die I'd roll my eyes so hard they'd fall out of my head.

marvel rocks you are right look x3 cost 212million with all those names and that was 6yrs ago x4 will easily run a 250million budget fox will try to out do the avengers and its budget is 250million so fox would go all out with special effects and big names for a x4 a first class sequel would be cheaper because mccavoy and fassbender dont comand huge paydays yet even though they are good actors hugh jackman and company command hugh dollars

Now, you're just being ridiculous. X-Men 4 try to outdo The Avengers? No way.

Yeah people should stop discussing things they want, because that guy who plays Ice-Man would cost a bomb and they'd have to claw Rogue away from her expensive television lifestyle. :whatever:

Hugh and Halle are big names but they're eager to return.

I love how serious everybody gets around here, like we have any say or real knowledge about how much X4 would cost, and all based on absolutely no plans on plot or returning characters.

X4 would make no reference to the events of X-Men the Last Stand even
If It keeps It In Cannon.

Hugh jackman will be the one with big payday.If Halle Berry Insists on same
salary as Hugh Storm could be dropped.

Let's remember Bryan Singer likely came up with the plot idea for X4 that
Fox likes.And he would most likely direct.He doesn't have anything lined up
after Jack The Giant Killer.Yes he IS attached to remakes of Battlestar galactica and Excalibur however Galactica still doesn't have a writer(and he probally wants to put more distance from the reimaged version before his remake) and excalibur Is a long way off.Assuming he doesn't completly disregard The Last Stand he Is't going to do a film which spends a lot of time reconning the Last Stand or call attention to The Last Stand.

Famke Janssen defently won't be back.James marsden could be If The Last Stand Is Ignored.People should not dismiss the notion of Patrick Stewart
returning.

If Beast Is In X4 Kelsey Grammer I doudt will return.He publicly said In 2006 he hoped the Last Stand was the last.

It Is much more likely that Anna Paquin returns than Ellen Page.Anna has said she Is open to another film.It would be question of fiting the schedule with her true blood schedule.

Then they are questions on rather Ian Mckellan and Rebecca Romijn would
be willing to return.

X4 would make no reference to the events of X-Men the Last Stand even
If It keeps It In Cannon.

Hugh jackman will be the one with big payday.If Halle Berry Insists on same
salary as Hugh Storm could be dropped.

Let's remember Bryan Singer likely came up with the plot idea for X4 that
Fox likes.And he would most likely direct.He doesn't have anything lined up
after Jack The Giant Killer.Yes he IS attached to remakes of Battlestar galactica and Excalibur however Galactica still doesn't have a writer(and he probally wants to put more distance from the reimaged version before his remake) and excalibur Is a long way off.Assuming he doesn't completly disregard The Last Stand he Is't going to do a film which spends a lot of time reconning the Last Stand or call attention to The Last Stand.

Famke Janssen defently won't be back.James marsden could be If The Last Stand Is Ignored.People should not dismiss the notion of Patrick Stewart
returning.

If Beast Is In X4 Kelsey Grammer I doudt will return.He publicly said In 2006 he hoped the Last Stand was the last.

It Is much more likely that Anna Paquin returns than Ellen Page.Anna has said she Is open to another film.It would be question of fiting the schedule with her true blood schedule.

Then they are questions on rather Ian Mckellan and Rebecca Romijn would
be willing to return.

I really don't see how they could ignore X3. That movie did pretty ell at the BO IIRC, which means that a lot of people saw it. They'll be confused if plotlines don't carry over.

Now, you're just being ridiculous. X-Men 4 try to outdo The Avengers? No way.
i didnt say it would or believe it would i said the bozos at fox would try to out do the avengers and go all out with a big budget x4 with would blow up in their faces and jackman stewart and berry would command big paydays again x3 cost 212 million

i didnt say it would or believe it would i said the bozos at fox would try to out do the avengers and go all out with a big budget x4 with would blow up in their faces and jackman stewart and berry would command big paydays again x3 cost 212 million

........................I have no idea what you just said. Punctuation, please?

I really don't see how they could ignore X3. That movie did pretty ell at the BO IIRC, which means that a lot of people saw it. They'll be confused if plotlines don't carry over.

With the closed ending and the time gap, X4 could pick up again with very little reference to the previous movies.

There remains possibilty X4 would treat The Last Stand like Superman returns
Treated Superman III and IV.But even If they keep The Last Stand In Cannon
they are not going to want to call attention to the Cure or how they resurrected Xavier.X-Men the Last Stand may the biggest box office of the series but It Is hardly viewed as best of the series.Fans and Critics have mixed views on the Last Stand.Some of general audence viewed The Last Stand as proof X-Men series was running out of steam.

Some on this board have advocated treating First Class as a shadow reboot
despite obvious connections to X-Men and X2.So I don't know why some find It hard to Imagne Ignoring Last Stand.Bryan Singer already did something similar with Superman Returns.There are a lot of benefit.And Instead of working in a controlvated recon to bring back Cyclops they have an easyier way to do It.

And Even with The Last Stand remianing In cannon do you think they want to call attention to film a lot of people have issues with

There remains possibilty X4 would treat The Last Stand like Superman returns
Treated Superman III and IV.But even If they keep The Last Stand In Cannon
they are not going to want to call attention to the Cure or how they resurrected Xavier.X-Men the Last Stand may the biggest box office of the series but It Is hardly viewed as best of the series.Fans and Critics have mixed views on the Last Stand.Some of general audence viewed The Last Stand as proof X-Men series was running out of steam.

Some on this board have advocated treating First Class as a shadow reboot
despite obvious connections to X-Men and X2.So I don't know why some find It hard to Imagne Ignoring Last Stand.Bryan Singer already did something similar with Superman Returns.There are a lot of benefit.And Instead of working in a controlvated recon to bring back Cyclops they have an easyier way to do It.

And Even with The Last Stand remianing In cannon do you think they want to call attention to film a lot of people have issues with

Yep, X3 is the reason I put off seeing First Class. It's one of the biggest reasons former fans of the movie series put off seeing First Class, downloaded it instead, or avoided it entirely.

Reeeeally hoping they turn FC into a reboot. They've got to retcon so much now it's not even funny. There are only 2 things that make it seem like a prequel: Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Romijn. Oh and the borrowed opening scenes but Magneto will always have been a Holocaust survivor, wtf cares if they reuse some footage? Michael Bay reused clips from The Island in his latest Transformers. That doesn't make Transformers an Island prequel.

I really wished FC had been a total reboot, so that they wouldn't forcefully make Raven leave Charles at the end.
All in all, I wouldn't mind if FC was the beginning of an entire different series.

First Class will possibly end up being a reboot because any sequels are going to have to bend over backwards to avoid continuity issues as the story moves forward. In some ways it may be better just to wipe the slate clean.

But the fact that there is an Ultimate Collection box set (from HMV) means they are not yet deciding to go all out and cry 'total reboot'.

If there is no sequel, then First Class slots into the existing franchise (except for some minor continuity contradictions). So that's why they did it, they were playing it safe (sequels are never guaranteed) and were also building on the X-Men mythos created over the previous films.

At the time First Class was conceived, only hardcore fanboys wanted a reboot. There was no real reason for the studio to reboot it. The mainstream audience have a concept of the X-Men built from the existing franchise. Why confuse them by throwing all that out of the window?

But they could now say publicly that First Class was a relaunch that will take its own path away from the existing films.

On the other hand they may choose to stay in the loose continuity they have established and carry on, without any major contradictions like having Rogue pop up in a sequel set in 1968.

I really wished FC had been a total reboot, so that they wouldn't forcefully make Raven leave Charles at the end.
All in all, I wouldn't mind if FC was the beginning of an entire different series.

With no guarantee of a sequel, this film felt the need to wrap up several story threads - Beast turning furry, Mystique leaving Xavier, Magneto going his own way, Xavier getting paralysed.

Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing depends on your point of view. But if none of those things happened and there was no sequel, then those plot points would be left dangling and unresolved.

I just wish they go ahead with X-Men 4.

The Wolverine and a X-Men: First Sequel are going to be in the "what happened in the past" storyline just like Wolverine and First and it just feels like FOX are so obsessed with the past. They should move on with the present timeline.

I just wish they go ahead with X-Men 4.

The Wolverine and a X-Men: First Sequel are going to be in the "what happened in the past" storyline just like Wolverine and First and it just feels like FOX are so obsessed with the past. They should move on with the present timeline.

I think the problem is that the first X-Men film (in 2000) was not a proper origin story. The X-Men already existed in it, we didn't see them being assembled. It should have been an equivalent of First Class. Also, The Last Stand should not have tried to be so dramatically final.

Then things could move forward in time without any bother. As it is, we've now gone back to the beginning and are now going forwards from there till we meet the first film, plus the possibility of going forward from The Last Stand.

As hardcore X-Men fan I have never called for reboot.Reboot IS easy way out.I am getting tired of It.

With the Wolverine now pushed back to spring 2012 filming and almost certenly a 2013 summer Release we won't be getting a full team X-Men film till 2015(If Deadpool Is made It will be out In 2014) and my feeling Is if Fox doesn't make X4 next after The Wolverine It's not going to get made.2015 will be 9 years after The Last Stand Is released.A First Class sequel will take place In late 1960's or early 1970's so they could put It off a bit longer.If they move forward with a first Class sequel after The Wolverine(and If Deadpool Is actully made) and the present franchise will wrap up with a First Class trilogy.

If First Class sequels continue to have both bryan Singer as Story writer/Producer and Matthew Vaughn as coscreenwriter/Director(If X4 ISn't made It's possible Singer will be directing.He doesn't have an Immedate post jack The Giant job lined up,was originally going to direct First Class,and Vaughn Isn't doing commantary for First Class and has been kinda of absent from press) I suspect contunity will be handled like First Class mostly connected to X-Men and X2(Taking liberties with what was said In Dialogue)but not worrying about fitting In with The Last Stand(or Wolverine for that matter but neither does Deadpool or the Wolverine)

Just like the Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Romijn cameos In First Class Vaughn has talked about a flashforward In Sequel with Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellan.I could see In Sequel a preadamanturm Wolverine on Mission to Kill Magneto In sequel.

If I were in the audience for X4 and this was the explanation given for how the Professor didn't die I'd roll my eyes so hard they'd fall out of my head.
I'd pay to see Patrick Stewart again even if the explanation for the Professor's return was that his molecules re-assembled after he recited an ancient chant inside his head, selling his soul to the devil in exchange for survival. Hell, I'd still watch the movie if Stewart was playing Storm.

Will it hit 353 M? Everything counts.. eheh

Theatrical Performance Total US Gross $146,010,145 International Gross $206,800,000 Worldwide Gross $352,810,145

I've moved on from the BO and am now concerned about its DVD and Bluray sales. It must sell well if there is to be a sequel!

How were the previous x-men movies DVD sales? I think Wolverine had 50M and The Last Stand 100M at identical time...

How were the previous x-men movies DVD sales? I think Wolverine had 50M and The Last Stand 100M at identical time...

Information taken from one of my old posts:

You can get DVD sales figures at http://www.the-numbers.com/, but it seems that their sales figures for the X-Men movies only go as far back as The Last Stand. It lists $103,761,609 in DVD sales for The Last Stand, and $76,146,794 in DVD sales for Wolverine.

However, by searching on the internet I was able to find that the combined sales of the original X-Men DVD release and X-Men 1.5 combined for $180 million in sales, and as of late 2003 X2 made $107 million in DVD sales and was projected to approach the film's theatrical gross in DVD sales. The reference for that is here: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117896371?refCatId=20

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"