Days of Future Past 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction - Part 4

With only a 4 milion gap between this film and X3 (in a daily comparison) I have high hopes that it will surpass it. It only needs to surpass it by a dollar and we win!!!

I think it could do it as well. I'm not saying it's a lock but it's not impossible.

With only a 4 milion gap between this film and X3 (in a daily comparison) I have high hopes that it will surpass it. It only needs to surpass it by a dollar and we win!!!

It's not $4 million gap. It's $7 million +gap.

$230 to $231 million is a lock! Its a little frustrating for me that its so close to X3's final gross yet I'm still amazed by DOFP's box office success!

$725 million and counting are great for this series!

The last thing I really want the movie to accomplish now is for it to become the highest grossing superhero movie of the year overseas.

Do you guys think it has at least $6 million dollars left in the tank overseas?

The last thing I really want the movie to accomplish now is for it to become the highest grossing superhero movie of the year overseas.

Do you guys think it has at least $6 million dollars left in the tank overseas?

It should have no problem beating ASM 2 overseas.

DOFP made $8 million this week,it only needs two conservative drops to do it,say around $4 million this week and $2 million the next.

That's disregarding the possibility of better drops(and it has been dropping around 35/40% weekly) and late legs.

So,doing $6 million more is basically a lock.

Let's just continue hoping that it will surpass x 3's domestic gross. Who knows it might happen. :)

to surpass X3, it should do 1m more than X3 weekly number in the upcoming weeks.
This way, in 4 weeks Dofp would pass X3 total. But if it doesnt get that 1m difference weekly, it wont happen

Awesome Box Office numbers. :D

The doomer and gloomer in me is just worried about Maleficent beating DOFP domestically. Ugh :(
What's wrong with us North Americans? Who knew Maleficent would beat a Spidey movie too!

Wow $500 million overseas.

My prediction for $450 million overseas is not even close!

The doomer and gloomer in me is just worried about Maleficent beating DOFP domestically. Ugh

I know right, I'll whine more about this when it finally beat DOFP!

While Maleficent has dropped to number 7 I just worry it will hold on long enough to beat
DOFP domesticly. That film has just surprised everyone with how it was able to do.

Hopefully Dawn of the planet of the apes takes top slot away from Transformers.

Maleficent beating DOFP seems almost inevitable at this point, its looking to finish around $240M+.

Monday estimates...
Days of Future Past - 270k

Compared to X3's 113

a +100,000 difference with X3, thats the route to surpass its weekly number hopefully by a million

Maleficent was a terrible film. Wow! Not sure why its going to be the number one movie in the world in a few weeks. 50 on Rt?

Anyhow, it beating Dofp is apples to oranges. Totally different type of film, not sure why everyone compares?

And another thing! Its a family film, XMEN really is not.

I don't think it'll surpass DOFP's WW box office gross.

Compared to X3's 113

It's a known fact that word of mouth was terrible for X3 so it had a big trail off after the debut so it's not surprising at all that DOFP is beating the dailies at the same point, it most certainly should.

It's just that X3 had such a big opening and that's what DOFP is still working against. If DOFP had a better 2nd weekend I think that would have definitely put it over X3.

Screendaily:

X-Men: Days Of Future Past crossed $500m on Monday as $4.6m from 2,6769 screens in 52 markets boosted the running total to $500m. Venezuela was the driver on a $1.1m number one hold for the third weekend that resulted in $6.6m after three sessions.

- Daily is wrong! It is still at around 498 because of Puerto Rico being doubled.

I think with the 50% OS drop this week it will be at 501 and then 503 million the following. So in two weeks it will pass ASM2... Which is AMAZING!!!

It's a known fact that word of mouth was terrible for X3 so it had a big trail off after the debut so it's not surprising at all that DOFP is beating the dailies at the same point, it most certainly should.

It's just that X3 had such a big opening and that's what DOFP is still working against. If DOFP had a better 2nd weekend I think that would have definitely put it over X3.

We can thank the Maleficent CRAZE for that poor second week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"