BvS The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont like this line of thinking.

Yes there are unexpected, unorthodox, etc. casting choices that work, but then there are those that don't work as well.

Well I wouldn't say Eisenburgs Luthir didn't work, but he was very mixed for me. I loved some of his scenes. Was less than thrilled with some others.

Even if you take out Eisbenberg's Luthor my point still stands. Not every unconventional casting choice works to the masses

To be honest, There were no real stakes other than Loki's captivity in that battle. Plus, it wasn't as intense as Superman and Batman fight was.

That wasn't my point.

Remember how dumb Iron Man and Thor looked with their brief battle in Avengers?

No, I dont recall. This line of thinking is why the X-men haven't had (with a few exceptions) real comic book costumes for a decade

This is why when they revealed the idea that they would be fighting I thought it would end up making both characters look dumb. Remember how dumb Iron Man and Thor looked with their brief battle in Avengers? This was that on a bigger scale.

At least then it made sense in terms of their characters. Both Stark and Thor are aggressive hotheads and it was up to the more rational Cap to be the voice of reason.

This is why when they revealed the idea that they would be fighting I thought it would end up making both characters look dumb. Remember how dumb Iron Man and Thor looked with their brief battle in Avengers? This was that on a bigger scale.

Well, avengers is a dumb movie too but it passes the test because of good pace and fun nature of the movie. It's already aging badly and it will look worse in next 10 years. (I don't mean CGI)

It's like live action saturday cartoon.

No, I dont recall. This line of thinking is why the X-men haven't had (with a few exceptions) real comic book costumes for a decade

What are you even talking about?

At least then it made sense in terms of their characters. Both Stark and Thor are aggressive hotheads and it was up to the more rational Cap to be the voice of reason.

Yeah, and they still looked dumb. So, imagine how Batman and Superman (who generally are pretty rational guys) would look like. And they both ended up looking dumb.

Well, avengers is a dumb movie too but it passes the test because of good pace and fun nature of the movie. It's already aging badly and it will look worse in next 10 years. (I don't mean CGI)

It's like live action saturday cartoon.

Bruh.

What didn't make sense to you? Maybe i can help.

I just watched Avengers for the first time in years and I still think it's fantastic. Don't see how it would age badly, but that's just what I think.

OT: To me Avengers hasnt held up on multiple viewings either.

Not a bad movie, still own it. It's still fun and the action is cool, but I dont like it that much. I dont even think it's in my top 5 MCU movies...I don't think

Alright, let's get this back to Zack Snyder, folks.

That THR article was just ****ing face palm worthy. They're not even learning their lessons and they think they're solution is to make less movies to focus on. God.

I'm gonna say it. WB is digging themselves their holes. They're going to be in big trouble by 2020. They don't realize they need to make good movies! If they don't know that, then they're ****ed. And they don't seem to be so... I'm just done. If they're not going to get rid of Snyder then just they just don't get it. They actually thought they had a win with this movie and were SHOCKED at this movie's response! If they thought that, then we know where their priorities are. They're as bad as Snyder. No wonder why they keep working together.

I'm not fond of Avengers or the MCU in general, but that's rather irrelevant in this thread.

I have been on Snyder's side for the most part and did like some of his work on BvS, but I find myself more concerned than excited when it comes to his JL. Are we just going to get another film with the same problems? I see no reason to believe we aren't. It boggles my mind that he's going to be allowed to just go ahead with JL as planned.

I'm not fond of Avengers or the MCU in general, but that's rather irrelevant in this thread.

I have been on Snyder's side for the most part and did like some of his work on BvS, but I find myself more concerned than excited when it comes to his JL. Are we just going to get another film with the same problems? I see no reason to believe we aren't.
At last, someone who gets it!

I'm torn. I like BvS and will probably end up even loving it upon multiple viewings and seeing the Director's Cut. But i cant deny theres problems with the film and cant help but agree that Snyder may not be the guy for the job going forward.

But.

On a more selfish, superficial note, I have always, ALWAYS wanted to see a Superman movie with the kind of visuals and action that Snyder delivers. More than that, I have always yearned to see a live action movie where we could see Superman go up against Darkseid. I still want to see this and I think if anyone could render a scary, badass Darkseid, its Zack Snyder. Ive been wanting to see this on film for so, so long and it seems like we're getting it in JL. So, I want to hope that Snyder really brings it this time.

Last edited:
Well, it's time people start to decide whether they want to be selfish or if they want to do what's best for everyone.

That THR article was just ****ing face palm worthy. They're not even learning their lessons and they think they're solution is to make less movies to focus on. God.

I'm gonna say it. WB is digging themselves their holes. They're going to be in big trouble by 2020. They don't realize they need to make good movies! If they don't know that, then they're ****ed. And they don't seem to be so... I'm just done. If they're not going to get rid of Snyder then just they just don't get it. They actually thought they had a win with this movie and were SHOCKED at this movie's response! If they thought that, then we know where their priorities are. They're as bad as Snyder. No wonder why they keep working together.

I think it is/was too late for them to replace Snyder. I don't think they had any better recourse then to push forward and hopefully reign Snyder in.
But again, having a studio trying to reign in a director can severly hurt a film too.

On a more selfish note, I have always, ALWAYS wanted to see a Superman movie with the kind of visuals and action that Snyder delivers. More than that, I have always yearned to see a live action movie where we could see Superman go up against Darkseid. I still want to see this and I think if anyone could render a scary, badass Darkseid, its Zack Snyder. Ive been wanting to see this on film for so, so long and it seems like we're getting it in JL. So, I want to hope that Snyder really brings it this time.

I've always wanted to see that too, not gonna lie. But...I had hoped I'd be seeing a fully formed, charismatic, and noble superman deliver the blows to Darkseid, and that is a thing I doubt Zack can give.

Well, it's time people start to decide whether they want to be selfish or if they want to do what's best for everyone.

Not sure I understand this. It's not up to fans to put their likes aside to give other fans what they want. It's up to the studio to produce what they think is a good product.

I think it is/was too late for them to replace Snyder. I don't think they had any better recourse then to push forward and hopefully reign Snyder in.
Yeah, it seems like they had a hard enough time finding someone for the gig the first time around, so ditching Snyder and trying to find someone else right on the eve of production on JL probably didn't sound like an enticing prospect for anyone, especially so fresh in the wake of BvS's toxic reception. I'm sure they'll use JL's production time to start casting a net for possible replacements.

What are you expecting people to "do" exactly?

Not sure I understand this. It's not up to fans to put their likes aside to give other fans what they want. It's up to the studio to produce what they think is a good product.

It goes hand in hand though. It's not about the individual, it's about these characters having a long viability in film. A fan can choose to be selfish if he or she wants, but the reality is it's not economically viable for these films to be getting worse and worse reactions from critics and audiences and catering to a niche audience. Ultimately as a collective a united voice is better. People are perfectly in their right to like whatever they want, but the brand and the future of these characters need to come first. Ideally, people who like the film will see that despite how they feel this isn't going the way it needs to.

Yeah, it seems like they had a hard enough time finding someone for the gig the first time around, so ditching Snyder and trying to find someone else right on the eve of production on JL probably didn't sound like an enticing prospect for anyone, especially so fresh in the wake of BvS's toxic reception. I'm sure they'll use JL's production time to start casting a net for possible replacements.

And it's very difficult for a director to want to jump into someone else's vision. At least I'd imagine so.

What are you expecting people to "do" exactly?

What do I expect people to do? Frankly, nothing. Too many people have their heads bury in the sand, including WB it would appear.

What do I expect people to do? Frankly, nothing. Too many people have their heads bury in the sand, including WB it would appear.
I just meant, what did you mean when you said they should decide whether to "do what's best for everyone"? What is that supposed to be?

It goes hand in hand though. It's not about the individual, it's about these characters having a long viability in film. A fan can choose to be selfish if he or she wants, but the reality is it's not economically viable for these films to be getting worse and worse reactions from critics and audiences and catering to a niche audience. Ultimately as a collective a united voice is better. People are perfectly in their right to like whatever they want, but the brand and the future of these characters need to come first. Ideally, people who like the film will see that despite how they feel this isn't going the way it needs to.

I really think that's too much to ask of people. It's just a movie; it's not a public health or safety issue. People will spend money on what they like. Why would they make a stink about something they're happy with? They might even be happy with how things are going for the future and therefore support it.

However, the BO for this movie is clearly going to finish below what WB wanted and certainly below what this franchise had the potential to make. Regardless of the fact that some people liked it, fans or "GA", there was a large chunk that didn't. That should clue them in that something isn't quite right. There's no need for an fan "united front" and constructing one would probably not help. If they've chosen to ignore the biggest indicator of all, BO, a group of disgruntled fans (some of which actually liked the film and are there just to be "selfless") certainly won't budge them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"