BvS The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 4

amateurish writing???

i think it's more of philosophical writing...

Joseph Campbell's quote is the theme of the movie...

“And where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god;"
refer to Lex, he found superman who saved him from another abomination.

"where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves;"
refer to bruce / batman. the batmonster he had became he managed to slay it in the end.

"where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence; where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world.”
refers to superman... he traveled alone to north pole to find answer and then returned to embrace his world...

epic, isn't it?

problem is people prefer pop-culture, Simple words for simple minds... everything must be drawn on the wall bold & clear...

There's a difference between subtlety, inferring a plot point and flat out ignoring it. BvS simply fails to address things which should be key to its story, it's lazy.

Stop pretending BvS is some complex cleverly written character study, at its core it's an extremely dumb and flawed concept. I mean the film is built around a fight for which the justification and resolution and full of holes! I realise they gave Luthor a lot of wordy dialogue in an attempt to fool people into thinking they were watching something clever and refined, but it doesn't work like that.

The whole thing was just stupid, added to that the director is a 50 year old frat boy who's understanding of these characters barely stretches beyond "they have big muscles and they punch things".

There's a difference between subtlety, inferring a plot point and flat out ignoring it. BvS simply fails to address things which should be key to its story, it's lazy.

Stop pretending BvS is some complex cleverly written character study, at its core it's an extremely dumb and flawed concept. I mean the film is built around a fight for which the justification and resolution and full of holes! I realise they gave Luthor a lot of wordy dialogue in an attempt to fool people into thinking they were watching something clever and refined, but it doesn't work like that.

The whole thing was just stupid, added to that the director is a 50 year old frat boy who's understanding of these characters barely stretches beyond "they have big muscles and they punch things".
flat out ignoring the plot point, failing to address things and lazy??? something like your ranting?

i can apply your ranting to any movie, simply replace BvS with any movie, like CA:CW...

13310617_1267102376652957_3335594373263375875_n.jpg

13269293_247691622273581_1563429739198953561_n.jpg

I don't think BvS is the worst CB film ever made, but, it's also not the best. You can't put all the blame on snyder for that either. WB greenlit it, CT wrote it, and BA seemed ok with it..plenty of blame to go around.

Would I want ZS directing a JL film with my money? nope, but it ain't my money.

Remember when most of us thought BvS would be awesome because CT was penning it? I know I did.
Remember when most of us thought it would be awesome because Affleck would offer has input? I did.

My expectations and anticipation for JL have taken a big hit. sure, i'll see it, but I couldn't even tell you if it's even started filming or not. That's how much I care about it, and that pi$$es me off.

I'm assuming the heroes will be angsty and the villains will be cheesy. That's what I'm expecting the most from Justice League. Even if the script is tighter.

Snyder may not take all the blame but he's the captain of his ship and he's said plenty of things to earn people's ire.

That's not getting into those of us that aren't exactly big fans of his previous work.

Given the evidence before us, I think we can place the odds at a great deal above 1%. ;)

I don't think BvS is the worst CB film ever made, but, it's also not the best. You can't put all the blame on snyder for that either. WB greenlit it, CT wrote it, and BA seemed ok with it..plenty of blame to go around.

Remember when most of us thought BvS would be awesome because CT was penning it? I know I did.
Remember when most of us thought it would be awesome because Affleck would offer has input? I did.

My expectations and anticipation for JL have taken a big hit. sure, i'll see it, but I couldn't even tell you if it's even started filming or not. That's how much I care about it, and that pi$$es me off.

We should blame the Snyders, him and his wife. I heard she was partly responsible for Einsenberg as Lex. What idiot thinks it's a good idea to cast the ****ing guy auditioning for Jimmy Olsen as Lex Luthor? Please lord let these two never touch a DC project again.

I think Eisenberg could've worked as Lex but someone should've told him to knock it off once he started channeling Jim Carrey's Riddler.

Maybe. But I still think he's too nervous and weird to play the character.

it's great enough. to some it is among the best.
thought JL was already started filming in London, wasn't it?

I understand that to some its great and the best. The problem is not enough thought that it was, hence the b.o. numbers.
Parts of it I loved and parts of it I hated. I expected more out of a film with the big three in it.

I compare it to the announcement of star wars tpm way back when.
I was superexcited, and couldnt wait for it. Once I saw it, I was like really? Thats it? BvS was better but it was the same sort of letdown for me.

I respect your opinion and never bash someone for liking something i dont.

I understand that to some its great and the best. The problem is not enough thought that it was, hence the b.o. numbers.
Parts of it I loved and parts of it I hated. I expected more out of a film with the big three in it.

I compare it to the announcement of star wars tpm way back when.
I was superexcited, and couldnt wait for it. Once I saw it, I was like really? Thats it? BvS was better but it was the same sort of letdown for me.

I respect your opinion and never bash someone for liking something i dont.
parts of it i dislike, yes... but hated??? so badly done???
letdown? how? because it didn't give an exciting ending??

it's not a dislike... actually i want more of it. much more of it. like the fight between doomsday and superman, it is just too little. superman scene is just too little. snyder gave too much focus and spotlight to batman... thought he felt the pressure of Nolan's batman. and they were selling and promoting WW desperately. all of these was at the expenses of superman...

having said that, even though superman didn't get much wow factor / cool actions (those on the surface), he got more on his mental exploration (those on the inside). and of course they also really did an excellent job on Batman & WW.
they have never been this good. so exciting for the trinity. and the coming JL1.

what bothers me the most is those who LIKED BvS but still want Zack Snyder to be sacked to pander to critics and haters. without him, we probably would not even have a DC cinematic universe for starters. this kind of thign is disgusting, shameful and says a lot about the DC Comics fans...

those who hated BvS don't bother me at all... i won't feed them. waste of energy.

Pandering is the wrong way to look at it. A vast majority of people now have a distaste for the DCEU and there simply is no reason to settle for that.

I liked BvS, but I have to concede Zack is clearly not the best man for the job for the simple fact the fan base is more divided than ever. I actually want to enjoy my time anticipating all these films. If the post-BvS experience is any indication, it will be a miserable time anywhere you go.

what bothers me the most is those who LIKED BvS but still want Zack Snyder to be sacked to pander to critics and haters. without him, we probably would not even have a DC cinematic universe for starters. this kind of thign is disgusting, shameful and says a lot about the DC Comics fans...

We would absolutely have a DC cinematic universe even if Snyder weren't in the picture. That's not even up for debate. It actually would be a lot better if he wasn't.

We would absolutely have a DC cinematic universe even if Snyder weren't in the picture. That's not even up for debate. It actually would be a lot better if he wasn't.

Amen to that.

those who hated BvS don't bother me at all... i won't feed them. waste of energy.

What a load of rubbish you are spouting, the minute Avengers made the money it did DC/WB were on lock to make a cinematic universe and it had nothing to do with Snyder. Supporters of this trash movie make up the wildest things.

Did you mean that it says a lot about DC comics fans or Zack Snyder fans? I am a DC comics fan but I am not a Zack Snyder DCEU fan. You can be one without the other. I'm a DC comics fan because they earned my fandom (although they have really tried that fandom in the last 5 years). The DCEU has to earn it as well. They don't get a free pass. So far, I hate it and owe them no allegiance.

Yep wouldn't it be great if we didn't have an entire Batman universe based on a single out of continuity graphic novel? Or a Batman that uses guns? even though in the elseworlds comic that this is "based" on Batman announces that guns are the weapon of cowards/enemy? How about a Batman that has been around for 20+ years already, lost a Robin or 2 and murders like he's been doing it for years? How about having a rival business man know that Batman is Bruce Wayne? Don't you think that might ever come up if Lexcorp wants to take over Wayne Industries? Sound like a solid base for the next 15 or so years of Batman movies to me.

I'm sure that someone might point out that this is not Zack's fault, but a director with his standing at WB could have reworked the script/screenplay out early on and basically started over. Snyder could have also actually made a 2.5 hour movie and not a 4 hour movie that was cut to ribbons when it got released, that is kind of his job.

My biggest concern is that whenever this is fixed ( don't care how, reboot, some sort of flash time travel scenario... whatever) and there is a more comic accurate/audience friendly version of the characters that I have 30+ years of my life invested into what will people that so vehemently defend this abomination say? Will the people that love this movie hate it if we get a movie that isn't do dark and joyless?

BVS was my #1 movie I was looking forward to for years, even after the questionable trailers. I thought MOS was decent but it was a good foundation to start a superman franchise, I figured he would take the things he learned in that movie and become the character we have all came to know. Also this damages SS as well for me. I see in the trailer that there is a scene when Batman is on the roof of a car chasing the Joker/Harley, why doesn't Batman just throw a bomb in the car? how about just shoot it with one of his many guns mounted to the batmobile or batwing?

I'm actually not 100% convinced it was guaranteed to happen if MoS was a better movie.

What a load of rubbish you are spouting, the minute Avengers made the money it did DC/WB were on lock to make a cinematic universe and it had nothing to do with Snyder. Supporters of this trash movie make up the wildest things.
exactly. same thing will happen. overstuffed and rush, tried to get the avengers numbers and you guys crying a river... condemning never end.

we are our own demons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"