BvS The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 4

Yeah I agree he is one of the worst I don't blame Affleck as he doing a fine job but it's Snyder vision for the character that is making him one of the worst.

Agreed. Not Affleck's fault it Snyder's. He not understand any of characters he uses.

Do you think that Snyder is being snubbed by the academy and if so, when will the people began an uprise to make sure he's recognized?

Probably at the same time when everyone recognizes that Michael Bay is the greatest satirist of our time.

What plot holes are you referring to?

I don't want to get in to Nolan movie issues because mods will clamp it ,but if they were released today the forums would smash them.

Well let me check myself a little bit, Civil War seemed to escape the level of scrutiny because it was disposable and not meant to be memorable after you left the cinema despite the most atrocious story line that doesn't make a shred of sense or drive the universe forward again.

But Snyder makes movies with challenging content that asks real questions of its characters and people are all blah blah don't know what you're doing when in fact he knows better than most.

That's why his comment about Man of Steel "I don't know what else I could have done" is so perfect. Because the answer is that you made a masterpiece but apparently masterpieces these does are meant to be forgotten in 2 hrs.

Denial, thy name is Jaxon.

Snyder doesn't know what else he could have done with MOS because he's an inferior director who doesn't know how to tell a good story. He has not got the talent to realize how he could have improved MOS.

Last edited:
I'm rewatching Watchmen for more in depth, precise, analysis. The first things that jump to my eyes on first view is the use of color symbolism. The great yellow of the pin or Spectre costume, Young Spectre getting grom red to yellow to green theough the film. Ozymandias is purple. Rosarch associated to the moon. It appears most sequence are built in resonnance with one another. Exemple:

:Rosarch leave Owl basement and monologue, reflection of purple light on the glasses.

Next scene: ozymandias office, light purple at first englobing all the figurintd of the Watchmen, Ozy has a strong purple tie, the two colors that comes up the most in his office are purple and blue, meaning his alliance with Manhattan. Just when Ozy and Owl began to speak about Rosarch we have :newspaper with the clock reminding the pins: pharao statue and others antic wich are not that different from the one seen in the Comedian's appartement. In fact the first shot with the killer is next to an african statue. The hint is disposed from the beggining of whom is the killer. (As fir the purple light englobing all the figurines).

:the scene at the restaurant has yellow flowers on all tables and red lamp (in Owl appartment there was a paint of red flowers on a yellow background). When Lauri says "remember this crazy guy" we see Rosarch passing. we see them discuss through the glass, in wich we see lany blue lights pass, meaning Manhattan presence is palpable and the discussion finally drift to him.When Lauri speaks of parallels reality and that she doesn't know what he sees Owl glasses mirror something on the table, like a shift in abyss as he lost his eyes thinking.

Next shot in the cemetry flowers are yellow colored.

This is interesting writing and compostion as far as i'm concerned and it goes on and on. MoS also had that care for detailled, symbolism, wich echoes through the movie. I'll need to watch BvS with the UC but it would seem unlikely he passes from that to a soulless giant fight.

Snyder doesn't know what else he could have done with MOS because he's an inferior director who doesn't know how to tell a good story. He has not got the talent to realize how he could have improved MOS.

I've never read an idea about MoS that made me think that could have made for a better movie. Struggling to see that with BvS UC as well.

I don't want to get in to Nolan movie issues because mods will clamp it ,but if they were released today the forums would smash them.

Well let me check myself a little bit, Civil War seemed to escape the level of scrutiny because it was disposable and not meant to be memorable after you left the cinema despite the most atrocious story line that doesn't make a shred of sense or drive the universe forward again.

But Snyder makes movies with challenging content that asks real questions of its characters and people are all blah blah don't know what you're doing when in fact he knows better than most.

That's why his comment about Man of Steel "I don't know what else I could have done" is so perfect. Because the answer is that you made a masterpiece but apparently masterpieces these does are meant to be forgotten in 2 hrs.

Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy would still be praised if it came out today as the films only started coming out like a decade ago. Plus not ever CBM that was good had good fighting in it. For Example Deadpool the action scenes were meh compared to it's really good storytelling which Snyder does not know how to do.

13557667_10208326698297642_728060764144178618_n.jpg

different people see different things.

Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy would still be praised if it came out today as the films only started coming out like a decade ago. Plus not ever CBM that was good had good fighting in it. For Example Deadpool the action scenes were meh compared to it's really good storytelling which Snyder does not know how to do.

Deadpool was a comedy that just happened to have a guy that could regenerate. It doesn't belong in these conversations. It belongs in conversations with The Hangover and was helped by having a prior fan base. OK maybe compare to Scott Pilgrim.

You think one actor's performance has the power to make three movies (two of which he's not even in) be held to such high standard? No offense, but that is one of the stupidest things ever disgrace these forums.

The sad thing is you probably really do believe that.

What like Snyder's don't.

How far in denial are you that you think cinema has changed so dramatically since 2012? :dry:

What alternate reality do you live in where you believe Snyder and his movies are held to a higher standard, or that MOS is treated as a masterpiece, much less stands up to the scrutiny it gets and thrives? Where has MOS been thriving? Post examples. Show proof.

Your god, Snyder, claims he based his "Batman" on a fan favorite version that quit for 10 years. Not that DKR is the only version of Batman who wants to quit. Regular comic book Batman does, too;

Stayhome_zpsa507d96d.jpg

I can't be the only one who noticed that Jaxon decided not to rebut a single thing in this post.

Which tells me that he can't rebut them.

Poor Snyder. He creates art so perfect that Orson Welles should come back to life only to commit suicide as he realizes that compared to Snyder he is worthless.

Poor Snyder. He creates art so perfect that Orson Welles should come back to life only to commit suicide as he realizes that compared to Snyder he is worthless.

Please, that hack? Michaelangelo and Da Vinci would kill themselves if they had to compare their stupid little creations with Snyder's brilliance.

....sorry, I appear to have come down with a severe case of Jaxonitis.

I disagree, somewhat. I don't think the problem with Snyder is lack of talent, per se. Its that he is suffering from a near-terminal case of Arrogant Auteur Syndrome. The way he makes the movie is the One True Way, and anyone who disagrees? The problem is with them, not the movie.

Whether he could actually improve upon his movies is impossible to determine, since he shows every sign of being actively, even spitefully, unwilling to engage with any criticism.

A reminder....if you want to discuss the movies of the MCU....GO TO THE DAMN FORUMS THAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TALKED ABOUT IN!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"