The Official Zack Snyder Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they resolve that? I can never keep track of this crap. Anyways, if they really needed to they would just pay to use whatever they needed.
After a little searching around, it had to have been. Here's the best summation I could find:

Basically, this means that the conclusion to this lawsuit, whatever the hell that may be, will come sooner rather than later. Previous rulings have tended to side with the Siegel family, rewarding them with rights to certain facets of the character, including his costume, his alter-ego (Clark Kent), Lois Lane, their reporter jobs, his Kryptonian origin, et cetera. This is because the original Action Comics #1 was created and sold by Shuster and Siegel to DC Comics.

Other elements of Superman’s character, including Kryptonite, Lex Luthor, Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Superman’s powers related to vision and flying, will continue to be owned by Warner Bros. and DC Comics because they were created as work-for-hire after the initial purchase.
It was a lot more divisive than I remembered. When it comes down to it both parties need each other because those are some integral elements of the lore that they're both carrying. No one side is going to win with that much to lose.

I can see how it would be really tempting to say "Here's a film that could be any classic Superman story, in the prime of his career--nevermind Krypton and blah blah." I think the trade-off you might have to make is that you may have a less fully-formed universe, because you haven't walked the audience through the whole of it.
I see it as a trade-off with any initial film of a franchise. It's impossible to cover all the ground with one movie. I don't think it has to be approached linearly in that you can never go back to the events preceding what you started off with.

Of course, there's an argument to be made for slowly unfolding your universe, as opposed to showing it in a linear fashion. Reveal Krypton and touch on Superman's origin in a sequel, and that might work--though that's getting ahead of ourselves. I just worry that if you cut out Krypton, you're cutting out a huge part of the science fiction spectacle that I enjoy. If you put Brainiac in there, that might solve my problem.
As a fan though it's become tiring to always hit it off from Smallville and Krypton. There's only so many ways they can reinterpret the same basic structure of his origin. I'd be fine with it given if it can be conveyed in a fresh way. A large part of me feels like it's just simpler to avoid those connections with previous iterations and give the audience something they've never seen or expected from a Superman film. No fan would dare say the Kryptonian roots are inconsequential, but I think its underlying principle of discovery gives the creative team some breathing room for an appropriate temporal placement.

Pretty damn well I'd say.
Good to hear. I didnt follow watchmen during production so I wasnt sure how well informed he kept the fans during it..He'll hopefully do the same with Superman.

Yeah both during and after.

For example Watchmens Blu Ray Directors Cut I believe has this entire in depth live commentary from Snyder of the whole movie.

He really appreciates comics and you can tell that he's very fan mind oriented if that makes any sense. It helps that he has a great hand with visuals and despite what some people say but he also gets great performances from his actors.

I love all his movies. He's a great director thats criticized for some of his techniques but he is a modern day comic book/SH adapting version of Sam Peckinpah.

Yeah, I agree. I've loved every single one of his movies, short list that may be right now. I expect that after Sucker Punch and Superman, he'll probably be my number one favorite.

I liked 300, and loved watchmen, so i'm pretty well stoked.

Hopefully we will get an official synopsis pretty soon, so that we can at least have an idea as to what the film is going to be about and possibly who the villain/s might be.

Hopefully we will get an official synopsis pretty soon, so that we can at least have an idea as to what the film is going to be about and possibly who the villain/s might be.

It'd be nice but I doubt we'll get one anytime soon we haven't even got one for the Dark Knight Rises yet.

I liked 300, and loved watchmen, so i'm pretty well stoked.

Whilst I didn't like 300 (it was well made though), I do love Watchmen and I'm realy psyched to see what Snyder's got in store for Superman.

I know some folks worry about too much slo mo with snyder...but, I can't think of a character more deserving of it than superman....
I can see a scene where snyder has slowed supe's surroundings down to a crawl, while supes himself appears to be moving at normal speed.

Snyder's slo mo though is really used in scenes where there's a lot going on so he wants you to soak it all in. He's kinda the anti Nolan in those regards. Though I think that Superman in of itself will make him not use slo mo is cases because Superspeed looses its edge when its slowed down.

Snyder's slo mo though is really used in scenes where there's a lot going on so he wants you to soak it all in. He's kinda the anti Nolan in those regards. Though I think that Superman in of itself will make him not use slo mo is cases because Superspeed looses its edge when its slowed down.

That worked very well in 300 and Watchmen, because you really could take in everything without missing any action. Sucker Punch's action scenes look "mind blowing", especially the scene where she's fightin the giant samurai.

I for one think he will do a FANTASTIC job as director of Superman. Think about it, he's a director that delivers awesome actions scenes and he's direction a movie about one of the most powerful superheroes ever.

I guess Snyder is really good at multi-tasking, he must be a very busy guy, I mean just look, he must be preping pre-production for Superman and at the same time he is in post for Sucker Punch. By the time Superman commence shooting I guess Sucker Punch will be just released so he will be in the midst of promotion and stuff, add to that all the media scrutiny that a project such as Superman carries in itself; mad props to Snyder seriously.

I know some folks worry about too much slo mo with snyder...but, I can't think of a character more deserving of it than superman....
I can see a scene where snyder has slowed supe's surroundings down to a crawl, while supes himself appears to be moving at normal speed.

Probably the Flash since he's based on speed, lol

That would be awesome

That worked very well in 300 and Watchmen, because you really could take in everything without missing any action. Sucker Punch's action scenes look "mind blowing", especially the scene where she's fightin the giant samurai.

I for one think he will do a FANTASTIC job as director of Superman. Think about it, he's a director that delivers awesome actions scenes and he's direction a movie about one of the most powerful superheroes ever.

The fights scenes in 300 and Watchmen were awesome.

I think he's perfect for Superman :up: here's hoping he won't let us down. I certainly have more faith in him than Singer who I don't think is very good at directing action scenes. His X-Men movies are very underwhelming if you ask me.

His Dawn of the Dead remake is underrated and so is Watchmen for that matter. If he makes a Superman movie as good as those flicks then I will be an extremely happy camper. Right now things seem to be going decently enough, I hope they don't cast anybody sucky as Lois Lane.

His Dawn of the Dead remake is underrated and so is Watchmen for that matter. If he makes a Superman movie as good as those flicks then I will be an extremely happy camper. Right now things seem to be going decently enough, I hope they don't cast anybody sucky as Lois Lane.

I really don't like Dawn of the Dead, its got no emotion to it at all and just *****s on everything thats good in the far superior original but each to their own.

I really don't get why so many people hate Watchmen its such a good film.

As for casting Lois yeah after SR's miscasting they really do have to get her right. Hopefully though she won't be as much in focus as she was in SR's (should it have been called Lois Lane featuring the return of Superman :p).

I cared about the characters and situations in the remake and I was pretty eh when it came to the original but to each his or her own. The original Dead film is a classic but I don't hold Remero in high reagrd as a filmmmaker at all because thats the only film of his that I really give a s**t about. lol

I given up on trying to figure out why the geeks hate Watchmen, I mean I get why normal moviegoers don't give a crap but not my fellow geeks. I thought that it was a good effort. It had it's flaws but I liked most of what I saw.

Yeah, Lois had way to much screentime in SR. Lois needs a decent actress who fits the role and she needs to be brought back to her spunky, slightly b**chy but lovable roots.

I cared about the characters and situations in the remake and I was pretty eh when it came to the original but to each his or her own. The original Dead film is a classic but I don't hold Remero in high reagrd as a filmmmaker at all because thats the only film of his that I really give a s**t about. lol

I given up on trying to figure out why the geeks hate Watchmen, I mean I get why normal moviegoers don't give a crap but not my fellow geeks. I thought that it was a good effort. It had it's flaws but I liked most of what I saw.

Yeah, Lois had way to much screentime in SR. Lois needs a decent actress who fits the role and she needs to be brought back to her spunky, slightly b**chy but lovable roots.

I love the original Night and Dawn but from Day onwards all his zombie films were awful. Creepshow was a good Romero film :D

Yeah I thought they adapted it very well from the comic, and some of the stuff they left out (giant squid) were plausible it would have looked daft on film.

Yeah Lois in SR's was just awful, she ignored Clark to the point where you just think why did he bother?! lol

I love the original Night and Dawn but from Day onwards all his zombie films were awful. Creepshow was a good Romero film :D

Yeah I thought they adapted it very well from the comic, and some of the stuff they left out (giant squid) were plausible it would have looked daft on film.

Yeah Lois in SR's was just awful, she ignored Clark to the point where you just think why did he bother?! lol
You got me on CreepShow, I love that movie so that is number 2.

The funny thing is I always hated that "Giant Squid" ending so I was happy as hell when the movie didn't feature it. I didn't like the Pirate comics either so I was right as rain when they didn't feature those either.

I'm just glad that we can move on from the SR's Lois. Hopefully the filmmakers learned a lesson. Nobody wants to see a charmless, b**chy, uber serious mother Lois. People who loved SR didn't understand why they decided to turn the second best female comicbook character IMHO (next to Catwoman) into whatever that was. I'm happy it's gone and can't wait to see what they bring to the table this time.

You got me on CreepShow, I love that movie so that is number 2.

The funny thing is I always hated that "Giant Squid" ending so I was happy as hell when the movie didn't feature it. I didn't like the Pirate comics either so I was right as rain when they didn't feature those either.

I'm just glad that we can move on from the SR's Lois. Hopefully the filmmakers learned a lesson. Nobody wants to see a charmless, b**chy, uber serious mother Lois. People who loved SR didn't understand why they decided to turn the second best female comicbook character IMHO (next to Catwoman) into whatever that was. I'm happy it's gone and can't wait to see what they bring to the table this time.

:D "Where's my cake you b**ch?"

Well I'll be honest I never finished the Watchmen graphic novel got a little bored but I loved the film.

As much as Bosworth was miscast it was the scripts fault so if she's scripted well we're half way there. Me either mate looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"