The Official Zack Snyder Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless I find Cavill incredibly similar to a lot of Superman interpretations. His features were designed to one day play the role of SM.

This is an example of fan casting gone incredibly right. Sure it was Snyder/Nolan's decision on picking him but I'm sure those dedicated fans had influence.

I'll be honest and say that I didn't mind Cavill but I was interested in other actors but now that its happened its surreally just feels completely right. If that made any sense.

Last edited:
Regardless I find Cavill incredibly similar to a lot of Superman interpretations. His features were designed to one day play the role of SM.

This is an example of fan casting gone incredibly right. Sure it was Snyder/Nolan's decision on picking him but I'm sure those dedicated fans had influence.

I'll be honest and say that I didn't mind Cavill but I was interested in other actors but now that its happened its surreally just feels completely right. If that made any sense.

Nah it makes sense, sometimes when something happens it opens your eyes.

Kevin Smith Goes Fanboy For Zack Snyder's 'Superman' Reboot

Posted 19 hrs ago by Rick Marshall in DC Comics

When it comes to Zack Snyder's upcoming reboot of the "Superman" movie franchise, the rumor mill has been turning at a furious pace lately. We've had actors' names thrown around, casting rumors reported and debunked in the space of a day, and lots of uncertainty about which characters from the Man of Steel's history will actually appear in the film.

When comics-friendly filmmaker and writer Kevin Smith dropped by the newsroom earlier this week for our live, streaming Q&A, we made sure to ask him what he thinks of all the Superman movie buzz.

"I love it," Smith told MTV News. "Zack Snyder is a fantastic director. He's a true director, put on this Earth to direct film 'til the day he dies."

"I love everything he's done so far, even that f---ing owl movie made me cry," he laughed. "I'm a big fanboy for Zack."

Smith wasn't done there with his praise for the "300" filmmaker, either.

"In terms of studio filmmakers, him, [Christopher] Nolan, [David] Fincher, they don't execute, they elevate," he said. "They do something that in a million years I could never do — take someone else's script and make it their own."

As for the rumor that there will be another female lead in the film — one that isn't Lois Lane — Smith indicated that some of the rumors don't make a lot of sense in the comics world at this point, but he's in favor of more actresses in the film.

"I'm all for that," he smiled. "As many women as possible!"
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/02/10/kevin-smith-zack-snyder-superman-reboot/

I like hearing about how much respect and admiration Zack receives from his peers... Good for him.

Btw I just watched the new Sucker Punch trailer and I started laughing because I noticed how much slo-mo was in it hahaha Damn this guy has a serious hard-on for it! But I wouldn't have paid much attention to it had it not been for everyone here bringing it up... Crap! sometimes coming in here has Bad side effects :csad:

I like hearing about how much respect and admiration Zack receives from his peers... Good for him.

Btw I just watched the new Sucker Punch trailer and I started laughing because I noticed how much slo-mo was in it hahaha Damn this guy has a serious hard-on for it! But I wouldn't have paid much attention to it had it not been for everyone here bringing it up... Crap! sometimes coming in here has Bad side effects :csad:
The trailers exaggerate the slow-mo, the Watchmen trailers had a lot of slow motion that wasn't in the movie. And seeing them all put together really makes it look bad, but you don't notice when you watch his films (except for 300)

I didn't really even notice the slo-mo in his movies until people started complaining about it.

Didn't bother me, didn't seem out of the ordinary, was busy noticing other things. I still don't really hate it or see why it's a big deal.

JAK®;19693728 said:
The trailers exaggerate the slow-mo, the Watchmen trailers had a lot of slow motion that wasn't in the movie. And seeing them all put together really makes it look bad, but you don't notice when you watch his films (except for 300)

Ok that helps put my mind at ease to some degree. And maybe I'll be so into the movie that I won't be looking at it like a fat ZIT on my girl-friends nose lol :doh:

Just read an old article about Singer's sequel to SR. I've read it before and while I'm glad they're doing a reboot, I did like some of what I read.

I liked the part about the kryptonian stranger and how he located Earth via that Krypton II island Superman hurled into space in the original. I like how he's welcomed and he and Superman having discussions about how to deal with Earth's imperfect state and how they ultimately go against each other over it. Of course, then we slowly learn that the stranger is in fact Brainiac and then all hell breaks loose.

I really like the way Brainiac is a stranger at first and comes off as a second savior and not a full on villain from the get go. It read like there could potentially be a huge overall story about the 2 very different kryptonians with mankind serving as a backdrop. 2 different ideals if you will, like Bruce Wayne and Ra's Al Ghul.

I wouldnt mind a setup like that in Snyder's version. A bigger connection between hero and villain, and ultimately a more nuanced villain and not a card-board one. Of course, we might get ZOD and co. instead of Brainiac here and I could live with that too.

Wait, wasn't Doomsday or Darksied the villain in Singer's sequel? I don't remember Braniac.

EDIT: Nevermind, read it.

Last edited:
Just read an old article about Singer's sequel to SR. I've read it before and while I'm glad they're doing a reboot, I did like some of what I read.

I liked the part about the kryptonian stranger and how he located Earth via that Krypton II island Superman hurled into space in the original. I like how he's welcomed and he and Superman having discussions about how to deal with Earth's imperfect state and how they ultimately go against each other over it. Of course, then we slowly learn that the stranger is in fact Brainiac and then all hell breaks loose.

I really like the way Brainiac is a stranger at first and comes off as a second savior and not a full on villain from the get go. It read like there could potentially be a huge overall story about the 2 very different kryptonians with mankind serving as a backdrop. 2 different ideals if you will, like Bruce Wayne and Ra's Al Ghul.

I wouldnt mind a setup like that in Snyder's version. A bigger connection between hero and villain, and ultimately a more nuanced villain and not a card-board one. Of course, we might get ZOD and co. instead of Brainiac here and I could live with that too.

i thought it was awful, especially he played again the semi-god angle on superman (which makes him so un-relateable). the worst part is the fighting between him and his son in the end. (the so-called climate)(the melodrama again - should or shouldn't i kill my son... i have to because he has become a threat to the world)
i almost wanna snap him neck! :mad:

I read a description a while back for... Ratner's Superman? I think that's who it was.

Krypton was never destroyed and Clark was raised to hate and fear his powers, leading to a horribly insecure adult Clark.

All I can say is thank the Maker that slop was never made.

why do i have a feeling we'll see a villain we've already seen again?

I read a description a while back for... Ratner's Superman? I think that's who it was.

Krypton was never destroyed and Clark was raised to hate and fear his powers, leading to a horribly insecure adult Clark.

All I can say is thank the Maker that slop was never made.

False. The Ratner 2nd draft had Krypton blown up except for Kandor and was pretty much traditional Clark Kent/Superman. In fact Singer ripped off half of his script to make Returns (which wasn't AT ALL an "original idea" or "blessed by Donner" but just a mish-mash of JJ Abrams' trilogy pitch with some 70s nostalgia thrown in).

False. The Ratner 2nd draft had Krypton blown up except for Kandor and was pretty much traditional Clark Kent/Superman. In fact Singer ripped off half of his script to make Returns (which wasn't AT ALL an "original idea" or "blessed by Donner" but just a mish-mash of JJ Abrams' trilogy pitch with some 70s nostalgia thrown in).

Not false... as I said I wasn't sure it was Ratner. I was browsing through an old copy of EW that highlighted SR, and it listed all the failed movie attempts, and that WAS one of them.

Not false... as I said I wasn't sure it was Ratner. I was browsing through an old copy of EW that highlighted SR, and it listed all the failed movie attempts, and that WAS one of them.

False. That's the JJ Abrams 1st draft that was done under McG. McG then went to make Charlie's Angels 2 and Ratner was hired, who ordered heavy re-writes. The first Ratner script was actually Abrams' 2nd draft that I just mentioned, the problem is that 1st draft actually leaked to AICN when Ratner was onboard and it was assumed (and still is wrongly) it was his script, when it wasn't at all. After the Bomer/Fraser/Hartnett casting fiasco Ratner was fired and McG hired again.

Okay, I don't care WHO had the script, it was s***. That's all I'm saying.

I read it, and it was pretty bad. It makes me glad Returns was made by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"